6. Fake - Recaro Seats
Any thing else...
Old 6th January 2006, 10:51   #2
Team-BHP Support

Pick up this months Top gear, it has a feature on modded Honda citys
Old 6th January 2006, 10:57   #3
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

if ur looking for stability on a track .. Suggest u speak to psycho .. His suspension works have quite amazed us in the recent past (havent seen such a good job being done from others for a while now ).. Talking of which i think i better collect enough dough to get mine done !!! psycho here i come ..
Old 6th January 2006, 10:58   #4
Senior - BHPian

suspension you can get konis straight fit or ask leela of coimbatore to do an all round suspension setup...discs have to either get civics or some imported cars and fit them with a little mods..head lotsa guys in bangalore who will do it
Old 6th January 2006, 11:01   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91
suspension you can get konis straight fit or ask leela of coimbatore to do an all round suspension setup...discs have to either get civics or some imported cars and fit them with a little mods..head lotsa guys in bangalore who will do it
Wont the discs from the nhc v-tec work??
Old 6th January 2006, 11:29   #6
Senior - BHPian

it should but will be really expensive could get the whole disc kit of the spares market for a foreign car for 1/5ththe price
Old 6th January 2006, 11:35   #7
BHPian

Hey thanks guy, will check out the article on moded citys on Topgear, any suggestion on the brakes, are the stock brakes good enough - i guess discs all around is a better choice.

Flowed heads / more compression, do cams make a car unusable on the road as one my main use for the car will the be 1500 kms a month that I will do. I need this to work on road and track a sporty street setup...
Old 6th January 2006, 20:33   #8
Senior - BHPian

nah cams do not make it unusable on the road especially the new mpfi engine ones...know a lot of guys wit cams in their citys in india...since you are in bangaalore check these guys out:
1. raj hingorani
2. psycho of tbhp
3. dominic
4. scan..a.k.a santosh
5. F.R.K
they all have worked on hondas
Old 6th January 2006, 20:53   #9
Senior - BHPian

You might also want to think of F and R strut tower braces....you will really notice the difference when pulling high G s.
Along with the Konis, you also need stiffer springs and roll bars. Eibach, ground control, Neuspeed.....many choices.

If you get a 1.3 liter City, you might be able to race it along with the Esteems. (might need a roll cage for that, which will also help with stiffening the shell)
For the brakes, you'll need a set of good racing pads for the front. Add some brake ducting to keep things cool and prevent fade. The rear dosent really do much, but changing it out to
a disc will not hurt.

Engine......well the sky is the limit...depends on how far you want to go, but #4 plus a full header+freeflow+CAI and maybe a high compression head. But if you decide to race it officially later, then you are limited by the rule book.

I would also add a short shift kit, momo steering wheel and a 5-point harness. These little details will make things more enjoyable that outright crazy power.
Old 7th January 2006, 11:18   #10
BHPian

try the brake pads from KBX, they make a lot of difference. and if you want to spend, then DMS, would be hell on street but heavan on the track.

engine wise, a complete rebuild with fantastic clearances, matched headers and a k&n with dual induction.

if you got someone like we spoke, then turbo
Old 7th January 2006, 16:13   #11
BHPian

hey buddy i think you should start from the basics and then gradually build up...a good custom made air intake kit..and since its a strip racing car..preferably a pipercross conical filter..a good 4x2x1 header..and a calculated expansion chamber...ported headed,polished/over-sized piston's depends on how much your willing to shell out,you can also tweak your compression ratio's if your going in for a high compression head..that makes a significant raise in power...upgraded plugs and wires..better ignition system...msd/mallory digital + blaster coil...after that you focus on good rubber ..that's the main thing and a lot of people unknowingly neglect it...good braking...get the discs at the back..also make sure while installing that the rotor's are slotted..would improve the life and performance...strut brace's...very important and help a lot on high speeds..im sure sumone in bagalore will be able to provide you with strut braces...make sure you get four strut braces...two for the front and two for the back...one upper brace and one lower brace each...a good tuning job and nitrous should get you goin buddy...that's my little bit that i could give you..if you ever need any info please feel free to pm me...cheers...happy revvin...!!

Last edited by dragger : 7th January 2006 at 16:18.
Old 9th January 2006, 13:40   #12
BHPian

[SIZE=2]Thanks Guys,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Over the weekend I have gone ahead and booked myself a Baleno Lxi. Couldnt find any good Hond Citys at a reasonalbe price. I should start troubling all the tuners end of the week...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Thanks again will keep you posted on the progress on the car[/SIZE]
Old 9th January 2006, 14:49   #13
Senior - BHPian

Hey, I suggest you keep the tyres for track day. Or your brand new performance tyres will look pretty sorry at the end of it all!
Old 24th January 2006, 23:24   #14
Team-BHP Support

Just thought i'd throw this article in this thread >

Preparing a road car for track day use

cya
R
Old 25th January 2006, 22:03   #15
BHPian

Hi,
My OHC has camber kit and coilover........It handles very good in race track...
PJ

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks