Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2011, 16:47   #1
BHPian

Retrofitting AC on Santro Xing

Hi All,

I am planning on installing an AC kit in my non AC Santro Xing. Was looking for pointers in the following points:

1. What would be the approximate cost of the AC kit in the showroom vs local vendors

2. Are there any specific kits in particular I should be looking at?

3. What are the "gotchas" that have to be kept in mind before and during/after the upgrade?

4. Has anyone fitted an AC on a Santro around Bangalore and if so, would be good if I could get a list of places to do the job from

5. As opposed to a factory fit, what would be the things that would actually "break" or not work?

Thanks
Ayan
Old 10th March 2011, 17:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Retrofitting AC on Santro Xing

IMHO,take it to H.A.S.S and get it done by them. Peace of mind.
Expect 30k I guess.
Old 10th March 2011, 20:30   #3
Senior - BHPian

I had undertaken this project long time ago. I used hyundai parts, compressor, condensor, evaporator, hoses, switches etc. This was done in Chennai, so sourcing hyundai OE compressor was not an issue. Everything was brand new. I got compressor warranty of 1 year from the seller. Saved money on a/c wiring. my cost was 35k. For the same thing Hyundai quoted 75k. (including oe wiring, it would add upto 45k) 6 years ago. Sourced the oe parts from outside and got it done at a non HASS service station. The job was good. But the wiring loom put load and i had to change the entire wiring loom for 11k after 2 years.
I guess it would be same even now. expect 75k or above at *** and i don't know anyone outside will agree to source and put OE parts.
Better, sell the car, buy new i10 with A/C.
The HASS at Trivandrum quoted 1lak.
Old 10th March 2011, 20:55   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
expect 75k or above at *** and i don't know anyone
The HASS at Trivandrum quoted 1lak.
I seriously doubt it. Thats daylight robbery man!!.. 1lac for A/C?. Do you really think the AC will cost 35% of the car's ex showroom?

My friend had his non-AC Santro fitted with AC from HASS. I'm pretty sure it cost him less than 30k. Will confirm the amount in a day or two.

The work done was very good, and the AC a chiller, but it sapped power out of the 1.1 mill.
Old 16th March 2011, 13:28   #5
BHPian

Hmm.. Thanks all, for the responses. CoolAid - Brigade Road Bangalore have given a quote for 20k plus tax.

HASS - 45k - 50k depending on the current quote they get once I place the order!
Old 20th September 2011, 12:25   #6
Senior - BHPian

Is your car under warranty? If yes, stick to Hyundai ASC for parts as well as fitment.

If the car is not under warranty you could try any good aftermarket AC mechanics for the parts as well as fitment.
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks