Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2011, 22:58   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: PICS : Rear Aircon Retro-fitting in my Toyota Innova

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravananj View Post
Parsh,
More closer look into the pictures helped me to understand what was done.
How is the rear a/c controlling done(does it switch on automatically when the front a/c is turned on)? How about the temperature selection? In the stock rear a/c only when the compressor is turned on in the front we get cool air in the rear vents are these behaviour the same in retrofit as well?

One final question did they have to remove the glove box near the hand brake handle?
Hi saravanan,

1. The a/c control and temperature selection is purely from the front switches. It is indeed the same way as the stock as far this controlling is concerned. And like the stock aircon system with blower control on ceiling in the 2nd row for rear vents, this retrofit also has a blower control switch beneath it, with one level less.

2. Yes they had to remove the glove box near the hand break.

You can shoot any doubts regarding this whenever, always welcome
parsh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2012, 20:46   #32
Senior - BHPian

Just got to know about better type of side covers. I am going to swipe with them soon. Will post once done alongwith the cost.

The following pics are from somebody else' Innova and not mine but done at the same place.

PICS : Rear Aircon Retro-fitting in my Toyota Innova-2012.12.06-new-panel-innova-1.jpg

PICS : Rear Aircon Retro-fitting in my Toyota Innova-2012.12.06-new-panel-innova-2.jpg
Old 1st April 2013, 09:42   #33
Senior - BHPian

Good thread. Thanks. Given that the same Compressor and Condensor is being used, what is the increase in Engine Load due to additional load on the Compressor?
Does the unit come with it's own cooling coils, or does it rely on the output from the stock cooling coils only?
Old 1st April 2013, 10:00   #34
Senior - BHPian

1. Increase in Load on compressor or Engine: No, it is the same. It is just tapped from the existing outflow from compressor doing exactly the same duty, only channeling to the rear a/c blower in addition to providing to front vents.

2. Cooling Coils: It has its cooling coils inside. But they are not independent of the compressor. They are still fueled by the same compressor output.
The way it works is:
a. source the existing a/c cooling from the additional ducting done
b. suck air from the front cabin through the vents you see on the blower at the front
c. cool the air sucked with the cooling coils fueled by the existing a/c cooling input
d. blower throws out the cooled air to the rear

It is the same way has been built into Safari and now Storme and Ertiga.

Last edited by parsh : 1st April 2013 at 10:10.
Old 1st April 2013, 11:22   #35
Senior - BHPian

If the Compressor Load is not increasing, then definitely the Heat Exchange Efficiency is reduced, since there is more heat that is now being taken away from the cabin.
It may not be affecting you much, since it is still above acceptable levels, given Mumbai heat levels.
But, it may be a matter of concern, since I live in Delhi, where the external summer temperature can touch 48-49 degrees, and the additional cooling coils demands may just screw the entire system.
What would the experts opine on this?
Old 1st April 2013, 11:50   #36
Senior - BHPian

The cooling levels are decent as even seen on quite a few Innovas in Delhi weather other than experience in mine in Mumbai. I will say, the cooling levels are nearly the same if not the same. Atleast the front vents temperature does not show any degradation and the cooling is unaffected at front, it is still chilling and I have to turn down the a/c as it freezes the hands. The rear has been decent, 2nd row gets very chilled due to closeness of the vents and 3rd row is decently chilled.

Earlier, it is only the front blowers that had to do the job, throw the cooled air which had to cover the entire car. Now the same cooling is better spread aided by the middle blower. So, the only downside is the additional energy expense by the middle blower IMO. Also, the middle blower does make some racket at highest blower speeds in the quiet smooth sailing car. But did not need it to be at highest for too many times and for long, mostly the blower is used in 1 and occasionally in 2 position.

Last edited by parsh : 1st April 2013 at 11:53.
Old 1st June 2013, 13:07   #37
BHPian

Info @ bangalore : Had asked today at Adithya AC koramangala for the 2nd row retro-fit for our Innova.He quoted 17500.I hope it looks like the pics shown in this thread.
Old 19th June 2013, 18:09   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
Info @ bangalore : Had asked today at Adithya AC koramangala for the 2nd row retro-fit for our Innova.He quoted 17500.I hope it looks like the pics shown in this thread.
Just back from travel. Hope it is not too late. Suggest you check the make of the a/c blower. Sanden is the sleekest and most appropriate for fitting and experiencing good cooling too. Also there are better side cladding for Innova now as in the last pic.
Old 19th June 2013, 22:11   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post

Hope it is not too late. Suggest you check the make of the a/c blower. Sanden is the sleekest and most appropriate for fitting and experiencing good cooling too.
Nope not late.Innova is at home in kerala.Was planning to get it fitted at its next bangalore trip.I will ask.Thanks for the tip!
Old 23rd June 2013, 14:20   #40
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
It is the same way has been built into Safari and now Storme and Ertiga.
If I'm not wrong, the Storme should have twin compressors and cooling coils as it shares mechanicals with the ARIA ?
Old 23rd June 2013, 16:42   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifebuoy View Post
If I'm not wrong, the Storme should have twin compressors and cooling coils as it shares mechanicals with the ARIA ?
Nope. On this front, both Storme and Aria are different. Storme is carrying over the same a/c mechanical from Safari just better covered (is what I would say for now, ealrier it used to look like retro-fit now it looks factory encapsulated) and Ertiga has followed suit.
Old 8th October 2013, 01:04   #42
BHPian

Hello,

Sir,

can you tell me whether this unit is sanden vikas indian or sanden japan / thailand etc. as i could not find this in sanden vikas website. can you put the tel nos. of this joint.

regards
Old 8th October 2013, 10:53   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. sen View Post
Hello,

Sir,

can you tell me whether this unit is sanden vikas indian or sanden japan / thailand etc. as i could not find this in sanden vikas website. can you put the tel nos. of this joint.

regards
This is the Sanden unit exactly as you see in here on Sanden Vikas India site:

http://www.sandenvikas.com/roof-unit.htm

Only thing is the front facade and color combinations are made available to suit the different cars interiors. In my case, it is the black facade with beige body whereas in the pic it is black-grey combination.

You could get the respective official contacts from the site above and talk to them as I had talked with their Pune office. It is now a pretty common fitment and available at many a/c workshops.

Hope this helps.
Old 1st November 2013, 12:52   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Innova is at home in kerala.Was planning to get it fitted at its next bangalore trip.
Finally got it fitted at Adithya AC,koramangala FOR 17000

Name:  ForumRunner_20131101_122858.png
Views: 5644
Size:  290.4 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20131101_122924.png
Views: 5462
Size:  245.8 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20131101_123000.png
Views: 5549
Size:  282.7 KB
Old 7th March 2014, 11:08   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally got it fitted at Adithya AC,koramangala FOR 17000
Thats great. I would like to know feedback about installation, neatness & expertise in work. I am planning to install in my Tata Safari next month. At present I am in abroad and expected to come in first week of April. I need this feedback to decide about Adithya AC workshop. I have very long drive schedule in month of May towards North India and middle row is absolute necessity for me.

Which company's blower you fitted? Sanden?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks