Team-BHP - A Hyundai Sonata V6 Story - From Barge To Bullet!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   A Hyundai Sonata V6 Story - From Barge To Bullet! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/98727-hyundai-sonata-v6-story-barge-bullet-8.html)

1self, you have got an awesome setup. Seems you are running an extra injector for the fueling?.
Can you give more insight on it. I too have a sonata gold. May go for the head grooving in the future.
Abin

I am not running an extra injector for fuelling. What you see in the pics, is a water methanol injection system. My current injectors combined with my uprated pump is enough for the engines current fuelling needs.

Just read this thread & was just amazed by the kind of mods that you have performed on the 1st generation Sonata.
I hope you are still holding on the car with further more upgrades. Awaiting for your updates on this thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdm295 (Post 4027291)
Just read this thread & was just amazed by the kind of mods that you have performed on the 1st generation Sonata.
I hope you are still holding on the car with further more upgrades. Awaiting for your updates on this thread.

Yes vdm295, I'm definitely holding on to this car! She is a BEAST in every sense of the word! I've cut open the 2 piece intake manifold & ported/ polished it using a drill, burr removers & sandpaper. I took some pics but my hard drive gave way before I had a chance to upload them here.

Next in line after I'm back from a tour of duty is electronic engine management. Stay tuned. :)

1. The first pic is what the intake manifold looked like after the throttle body. This pic is from my Elantra, but the Sonata manifold was exactly the same.

2. The second pic is the work in progress after I cut the manifold open & was working on it.

3. The third pic is of the manifold welded back together.

The difference is night & day.clap:

The work is hard though. It took me a good week of 6 hrs work per day to get the results I wanted. No one, even if you paid them will do this kind of work. It's ALL DIY, except the cutting & welding.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1self (Post 2295070)
Thanks for your comments GTO! Appreciate it!:) Yes, I am in the market for some aftermarket shocks. Doing my research first. I have the KONI part numbers but nobody seems to stock 'em. The Sonata Gold gearbox/ diffrential combo is holding up fine at this time. Maybe going FI (later) might bring up some teething problems. Dyno session on the cards...just doing some more mods with ignition timing.

Mouth-watering stuff, 1self! We carried a partly dis-assembled 1975 Oldsmobile Tornado (in 1999 or 2000, I cant say for sure - I quit main fleet in

2008!) from Jacksonville, Florida to Manzanillo, Mexico on the "Neptune Ace" while I was with MOL's car carrier fleet. It was headed for an enthusiast

who planned to shift the entire engine/g.box/differential/undercarriage assembly from the front (the original Tornado was the largest FWDer of its

time, with a 7 liter V8) to the rear for traction only. The front was to be converted to a steering only unit from some other, more conventional GM

goliath, which were available for a song at the time. I don't know how far this - apparently - demented project succeeded.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shashanka (Post 4028384)
Mouth-watering stuff, 1self! We carried a partly dis-assembled 1975 Oldsmobile Tornado (in 1999 or 2000, I cant say for sure - I quit main fleet in

2008!) from Jacksonville, Florida to Manzanillo, Mexico on the "Neptune Ace" while I was with MOL's car carrier fleet. It was headed for an enthusiast

who planned to shift the entire engine/g.box/differential/undercarriage assembly from the front (the original Tornado was the largest FWDer of its

time, with a 7 liter V8) to the rear for traction only. The front was to be converted to a steering only unit from some other, more conventional GM

goliath, which were available for a song at the time. I don't know how far this - apparently - demented project succeeded.

I certainly hope that guy succeeded! Here we can only dream of the kind of aftermarket support they have for most makes & models including Asian brands. Here I follow the motto "If you really want it done the way you want, Do It Yourself!":thumbs up

1self, I once again gone through the thread fom begining. Can you share the part number of the brake kit. I try to search it, if have the right part no, it will be easy to source. BTW I have a 2002 Sonata gold 4cyl.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dracul (Post 4035106)
1self, I once again gone through the thread fom begining. Can you share the part number of the brake kit. I try to search it, if have the right part no, it will be easy to source. BTW I have a 2002 Sonata gold 4cyl.

dracul, I bought the kit from Korea when I was visiting. It's from a Hyundai Azera which is not sold here. However, the brake pads are a perfect fit from the Hyundai Terracan. By that extension the whole braking system (except the brake disks) should be a direct fit. However you will need at least 16 inch wheels. The V6 came with 16 inchers as OEM. Even then it's a VERY tight fit. The Hyundai Terracan's brake disk will fit, if you can drill an additional hole for the wheel lugs. The Terracan came with 114.3 x 5 lugs, but the Sonata came with 114.3 x 4 lugs. I believe 3 of these hole match up. So you have to drill one.

If you dont want to go through all the trouble, go to Sharkracing & use this link.

http://www.sharkracing.com/00-01-tiburon-big-brake-kit/

Hope this helps.:thumbs up

I know I'm very late, was just going through EF Sonata Gold V6 posts since I used to own one back in the day. How is the car doing now? Any chance you still have it and if so how's it doing now? One of the coolest builds I've seen on a pretty niche car.

Its still all fine. A playstation on wheels.:)

Came here from ads295's thread. Might we be blessed with a photo/video of how Bullet currently looks/runs and sounds, please?