Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2006, 17:06   #1
DRC
BHPian

Bosch Spark Plugs Super4

Gurus,
Anyone used a 4 electrode spark plug from Bosch on a Petra or Palio 1.6.

If so what is the part name, What are the advatages you have found did it screw up anything, do you recommend?

Please air your thoughts
Old 16th January 2006, 19:04   #2
DRC
BHPian

Been to SPH service , Bosch servoce near Hebbal. Looks like a start up and talks professional. Also has a good pack of equipments.

He has the Super4 sparks but could not figure out which fits my car.

Need help here
Old 16th January 2006, 22:32   #3
Senior - BHPian

and dont forget the cables to get max performance.
Old 16th January 2006, 23:24   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
and dont forget the cables to get max performance.
Can you please elaborate on the cables... Whcih ones and the cost is also what change one can expect with the cables, if one has already installed NGK irriduim plugs.
Old 17th January 2006, 10:54   #5
DRC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajalphonso
Can you please elaborate on the cables... Whcih ones and the cost is also what change one can expect with the cables, if one has already installed NGK irriduim plugs.
For me too...
And what about the 4 electrode ones.. I still am pondering about it
Old 17th January 2006, 17:48   #6
BHPian

do these "hifi" sparkplugs really enhance the performance of a vehicle???

I mean, all sparkplugs spark when they ought to...there aint anythign like a BIG spark or Small spark kinda thingy, so how does the Sparkplug make a difference if its a normal good working piece or these hifi onez?
Old 17th January 2006, 17:58   #7
Senior - BHPian

Viper should be the best person to answer this ..
Old 18th January 2006, 00:25   #8

Literature

Iridium Spark Plugs
Iridium is a precious, silver-white metal and one of the densest materials found on earth. The natural properties of Iridium offered NGK the opportunity to create one of the world's finest spark plugs. The result are spark plugs that require less voltage to spark, burns fuel more efficiently, sparks at leaner air/fuel mixtures, and delivers higher horsepower and better gas mileage.
NGK offers two choices of this precious metal plug:
The Iridium - A high quality iridium plug installed as original equipment (OE) in the automotive industry since 1994, and the new Iridium IX® - The ultimate evolution of a performance spark plug.

OE Laser Iridium - The next generation of spark plugs. NGK is a pioneer in Iridium Spark Plug design and manufacturing, and has been supplying Iridium Spark Plugs for Automotive OE since 1994.

· More Durability and a Higher Melting Point Than Platinum
· Better Center Electrode Anti-Oxidation and Anti-Erosion
· Improved Ignition
· Superior Anti-Fouling
· Lower Required Voltage

Iridium IX® -The Spark Plug Serious Enthusiasts Rely On
Iridium IX Spark Plugs are the most technologically advanced high performance plugs available. Featuring a 0.6 mm iridium center electrode tip, they offer superior ignitability without sacrificing durability. The tapered ground electrode increases flame kernel expansion, while the superior heat range design is ideally suited to the demands of high performance environments. Specially designed to meet the needs of serious enthusiasts, Iridium IX Spark Plugs offer outstanding acceleration, high fuel efficiency and long life. When you demand the most from your engine, rely on the proven performance of NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs. NGK's new Iridium IX is the personification of these qualities and takes premium performance spark plugs to a new level. A level that is expected from the world leader in spark plugs.

(source: Official NGK website)

Last edited by anant_n1 : 18th January 2006 at 00:27.
Old 18th January 2006, 08:39   #9
Team-BHP Support

i have iridium plugs on my Vtec - detonation is more efficient hence car is more smoother at the higher rev ranges
Old 18th January 2006, 09:03   #10
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil
do these "hifi" sparkplugs really enhance the performance of a vehicle???

I mean, all sparkplugs spark when they ought to...there aint anythign like a BIG spark or Small spark kinda thingy, so how does the Sparkplug make a difference if its a normal good working piece or these hifi onez?
Hi,

I'm not much of a technical person so I shall try to answer this as best as I can. 4 point spark plugs, Iridium plugs, Platinum plugs all offer more positive and powerful sparks which in effect helps to combust the fuel more efficiently resulting in better starts etc.

"Bosch guarantees that you will feel improved performance in your vehicle when using a spark plug of the Bosch Platinum Series (Platinum+4, Platinum2, and Platinum, Super4). However, if you do not experience quicker starts, smoother acceleration, and improved fuel efficiency"(source Bosch faq)

I hope that helps.

http://www.msdignition.com/1helpmechoose.htm

Check out the above link as well. Should clear most queries.The thumb rule i sthe same for all performance brands. They all claim they are the best it is you the customer who has to decide.

Viper
Old 18th January 2006, 10:20   #11
BANNED

Viper, How much does a set of four cost ??

cheers
Old 18th January 2006, 11:02   #12
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75

cheers

Hi,

I assume you are referring to Bosch Super 4 for your Palio. I think they are available here for Rs1350/- set of 4.

Viper
Old 18th January 2006, 11:31   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75

cheers
NGK Iridium plugs for all indian vehicles are Rs. 2700 for a set !!
Old 18th January 2006, 11:34   #14
Senior - BHPian

i had used Beru 4-electrode plugs and my performance got screwed royally and i had got 14kpl on teh highway with my top speed limited to 125kph...after that had used ngk iridium plugs ...and but did not find anything great ..maybe the plug was not of the right spec...

presently am using MGP plugs
Old 18th January 2006, 11:42   #15
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
i had used Beru 4-electrode plugs and my performance got screwed royally and i had got 14kpl on teh highway with my top speed limited to 125kph...after that had used ngk iridium plugs ...and but did not find anything great ..maybe the plug was not of the right spec...

presently am using MGP plugs

Hey,

I'm shocked with that. Maybe the plug gaps were wrong. You do have to check them even if they are 4 pointers. Also you should replace your plug wires from OE to better quality ones to handle the extra voltage. I think you have had a lot of bad experiences with performance products. First the K&N conical filter and then the plugs.

Viper

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks