Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2011, 06:18   #1
BHPian

Xenos car security goes off at 3:30 pm everyday!!

Hi All. My swift vdi ads has a xenos car security system. Will post the model later today. It was fine for the past 5 months since I bought the car but starting midle of last month, everyday by 3:30 pm, it starts alarming and blasts out automatically. I made sure no one is even touching it though it does not have shock sensor but still blasts every day automatically. I have no idea what is going on. Experts please help. I already check with Khivraj maruti where I initailly had it as the accessory when purchasing my car and also check in Xenos Chennai showroom and they say that everything is fine. Is it just due to hot sun? I have it covered with a basic car cover as it is in an open parking. Also can this be due to rat trying to come in (but how exactly at 3:30pm everyday sharp)? I am going mad with this thing happening everyday. Please help. I am in chennai-tambaram.
Old 15th April 2011, 15:01   #2
BHPian

Re: Xenos car security alarming automaitcally by 3:30pm everyday

Same thing is happening in my WagonR Lxi, it was fitted with MGA NIppon security system, its alarm is also getting activated every afternoon. Mine is covered parking then also its happening, once it happened in evening.
I am about to take it to MASS.
T-BHPians your suggestions are welcomed.
Old 15th April 2011, 15:52   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Xenos car security goes off at 3:30 pm everyday!!

Does it have a movement sensor? Is there a watch or an alarm that goes off inside the car at that time?
Old 15th April 2011, 16:07   #4
Senior - BHPian

Do you get the same problem if you have parked it at another place altogether? For example, if you get this problem at home, do you get the same problem at the same time if you have parked at work? Once it is determined that it is not due to an external influence (such as an external alarm or sound) then you can determine if there are any internal triggers for this.

I am quite intrigued with this; do let us know once resolved if there is an external trigger or just some fault with the system
Old 15th April 2011, 19:17   #5
BHPian

This sounds a bit familiar to me. I never faced the exact same problem, but here is what happened an year back. My 2005 Esteem Lxi's Autocop used to start blaring the moment my car cleaner touched it. This really was perplexing because it is the most basic model(without any shock sensors), just the basic lock and unlock model. I called up the Autocop guy, but he too could not diagnose it and asked me to get my doors checked as they were not closing properly. One day, I decided to do some R&D and found that there is a small rubber gasket type of thing on all the doors(bottom corner of the door for my car), and there is another switch(similiar to the ones which switch on&off the refrigerator lights) on the body panels where the gaskets meet. When you close the door, the gasket pushes the switch in and that is how the car knows that the door is closed. In fact, the inside cabin lights also are wired through this I believe. Now, what I noticed is that one of these gaskets had fallen off and when the door was being closed, the switch was being barely pushed in. So the moment, someone touched the car, the alarm went off. I did some DIY and pasted a piece of thick thermocol where the gasket used to be and voila the problem is gone.
Now, from the past 2 days, the problem started recurring. On inspection, I found that the Thermocol has gone in( as in there is a hole where the switch meets the thermocol. Now, whenever, the car is parked in the sun, the alarm conks off. I believe it has something to do with the car heating up and the switch not being depressed fully. Waiting for the weekend DIY as of now.

Last edited by Sinner666 : 15th April 2011 at 19:18.
Old 20th May 2011, 09:06   #6
BHPian

Actually i dont get this happening on any other place except my home where it is an open car parking though I have a cover for my car. Yes, even I had a though that this is due to hot sun as I had this car from June 2010 and issue started from April 2011 when summer started.

My Xenos car security system does not have motion or shock sensor actions.

Guess what, I had an issue where engine oil pressure light started to remain on after the engine oil change in 3rd service at 10k km. After getting the engine oil pressure sensor changed under warranty and ecu being reset to stop the engine oil pressure light, now it is not happening anymore for the past 1 month though it happened only once when i dint cover my car one day, 2 or 3 weeks back.

It is not occuring anymore. Will update if it happens again and if I do anything for this.
Old 10th June 2011, 11:25   #7
BHPian

Re: Xenos car security alarming automaitcally by 3:30pm everyday

It happened again when i parked my car out in sun & went to office on 2 wheeler. Car alarm started every now & then. Alarm stopped only after whole battery gone dead. Jumpstarted car again alarm was blaring in full sound, tried to reset it but no luck it's not getting resetted. Disconnected battery connection in aticipation that it will reset ECU & autocop will get resetted automaticaly but no success. I have disconnected battery as of now & will take it to Wonder Cars Pune, as thery are the nearest.

Guys any suggesstion from your side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabahmad View Post
Same thing is happening in my WagonR Lxi, it was fitted with MGA NIppon security system, its alarm is also getting activated every afternoon. Mine is covered parking then also its happening, once it happened in evening.
I am about to take it to MASS.
T-BHPians your suggestions are welcomed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks