Team-BHP - ARTICLE: The Team-BHP Guide to BASIC Car Audio
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   On modifying a car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifying-car/)
-   -   ARTICLE: The Team-BHP Guide to BASIC Car Audio (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifying-car/17799-article-team-bhp-guide-basic-car-audio-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by runaldahiwade (Post 2926584)
Yes, i think most of us struggle with accurate sizes of stock speaker sizes. If not for all, then for the more popular cars atleast.

Any sources you are aware of?

carwale dot com has a thread with list of stock OEM speaker sizes for a good number of cars. I would link it but I don't know if I would be breaking forum rules. Also if anyone is making a copy over here, please mention source or due credit.

Really nice way to summarize the requiements for selecting a new car audio system. From the aesthetics point of view it is required to have some idea about 1-DIN/2-DIN panels and display of the system. Also, how many speakers should one prefer? If someone could throw some light, it would be great. I'm looking to have a good stereo for my K10 that essentially will be used to hear bass beats and guitar tunes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by er.sudhansu (Post 3401691)
Really nice way to summarize the requiements for selecting a new car audio system. From the aesthetics point of view it is required to have some idea about 1-DIN/2-DIN panels and display of the system. Also, how many speakers should one prefer? If someone could throw some light, it would be great. I'm looking to have a good stereo for my K10 that essentially will be used to hear bass beats and guitar tunes.

For hatchbacks its better to have component speakers for front and coaxial speakers for back .
If you need good bass ,one need to add a sub woofer and a basic amplifier.

I am planning to upgrade/update my car speakers. I have a 2012 Fluidic Verna. Any suggestions please?

Can anyone suggest how to get the best sound out of the unit in the SX4?

Can I install good high end speakers or do I need to go for an amplifier?

I'd prefer to keep the oem unit to keep the steering controls.

Quote:

Originally Posted by straight6 (Post 3508372)
Can anyone suggest how to get the best sound out of the unit in the SX4?

Can I install good high end speakers or do I need to go for an amplifier?

I'd prefer to keep the oem unit to keep the steering controls.

A good 4 channel amp. with built in crossover and components for front and rear should be able to give you decent sound quality. The choice of speakers and amp. combo is huge and I would suggest you go to a reputed ICE installer in your city and he would be able to advise what is best suited to your car and music preferences.

If a amplifier is present separately does the HU still hold any importance?

Does anybody know a good car-audio dealer in bangalore? Or suggest a good brand/model of both player and speakers for santro xing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhi7013 (Post 3673358)
Does anybody know a good car-audio dealer in bangalore? Or suggest a good brand/model of both player and speakers for santro xing?

Dear abhi7013, can you please tell us specifically what you are looking for. A basic audio system which will just play music or a system which will flex windscreen and wake the neighborhood? Tell us more about your taste in music (genre). Also an insight into your planned budget will help. "Sachin's Auto shop" in koramangala will be a good place to get the install done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mashblue (Post 3673403)
Dear abhi7013, can you please tell us specifically what you are looking for. A basic audio system which will just play music or a system which will flex windscreen and wake the neighborhood? Tell us more about your taste in music (genre). Also an insight into your planned budget will help. "Sachin's Auto shop" in koramangala will be a good place to get the install done.

Hello sir, thanks for your reply. Am looking for a basic player system. Something which is not too complicated. I have a pioneer system but there's no aux or usb. Just a cd drive. So planning to buy an interface which has both usb and aux.
Also, i have a pair if JBL rear speakers, both of which are not working and beyond repair. Broken diaphragm. So was looking out for a 400-500W jbl speakers.
Budget: it would be great if both the player system and speakers do not exceed 10K. I looked at two shops both of which quoted 10,500 for a pioneer system and a 400W jbl speaker pair..
So wanted to know good shops which offer good price in areas like jc road or sanjay nagar or RT nagar in Bangalore..

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhi7013 (Post 3673441)
Hello sir, ...
So wanted to know good shops which offer good price in areas like jc road or sanjay nagar or RT nagar in Bangalore..

Look for a headunit which has at least 20 watts RMS output (i presume you wont be using an amplifier). Avoid pioneer if you wont be using an amp. Something like JVC KD-R456 will be fine and should retail for around 5.5K. For rear ovals Alpine SPS-69C3 would be my choice and these cost around 4K. I personally would avoid JBL speakers as there are many counterfeit JBL products in the market.
Purchase the products online and get the installation done locally, This will be more cost-effective. Keep us updated :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mashblue (Post 3673562)
Look for a headunit which has at least 20 watts RMS output (i presume you wont be using an amplifier). Avoid pioneer if you wont be using an amp. Something like JVC KD-R456 will be fine and should retail for around 5.5K. For rear ovals Alpine SPS-69C3 would be my choice and these cost around 4K. I personally would avoid JBL speakers as there are many counterfeit JBL products in the market.
Purchase the products online and get the installation done locally, This will be more cost-effective. Keep us updated :thumbs up

Thank you for the advice! Went for jvc kdr456, the same which you recommended.
As for the speakers, got hold of jbl, 400watts speakers. Loving the quality!! Thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhi7013 (Post 3673441)
I have a pioneer system but there's no aux or usb. Just a cd drive. So planning to buy an interface which has both usb and aux.

If you are satisfied with the current HU output and if you could live with AUX only, here is something for you
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...ml#post3636748

EDIT: just read your last post regarding JVC HU purchase.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Boss (Post 3678530)
If you are satisfied with the current HU output and if you could live with AUX only, here is something for you

It was worth the read! Lots of information gathered. Thank you! Another friend of mine wanted to upgrade. He was searching for sony xplod systems but the modek he wanted was not available. The link you sent will definitely help him!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Boss (Post 3678530)

Thank you for the link. Lots of information gathered! A friend of mine wanted to upgrade and was searching for xplod systems. Will show him the link. It will be useful for him..

Hi BHPians!!

I need few suggestions for a new add on accessories for Baleno(Zeta) that i am going to buy soon.
I was not happy with the bass range that the standard music system produced, It was giving more vibrations rather than the thump. I am planning to add a SubWoofer and an amplifier. Need suggestions for the same!!
Budget ~ 10K