Team-BHP - ARTICLE: The Team-BHP Guide to BASIC Car Audio
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   On modifying a car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifying-car/)
-   -   ARTICLE: The Team-BHP Guide to BASIC Car Audio (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifying-car/17799-article-team-bhp-guide-basic-car-audio-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitinrawatdun (Post 3957524)
Hi BHPians!!

I need few suggestions for a new add on accessories for Baleno(Zeta) that i am going to buy soon.
I was not happy with the bass range that the standard music system produced, It was giving more vibrations rather than the thump. I am planning to add a SubWoofer and an amplifier. Need suggestions for the same!!
Budget ~ 10K

The vibrations you mention might be due to the crappy oem speakers. Best thing to do will be to change just the speakers to a better quality one and see if you are happy, or else look to upgrade to a subwoofer and amplifier.
For the initial upgrade I suggest you buy a nice component speakers for the front and plan an upgrade if you still feel the thump missing.

Hello guys,
I was not happy with OEM speakers in SX4. I changed it to Memphis Components at front and rear coaxial. I am still not happy with output. Should I get an amplifier or change HU?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 3963598)
Hello guys,
I was not happy with OEM speakers in SX4. I changed it to Memphis Components at front and rear coaxial. I am still not happy with output. Should I get an amplifier or change HU?

Just by changing the HU you will get much better sound plus you can get more features like Bluetooth streaming and phone calls.

Check out the Blaupunkt New Jersey 220BT and Pioneer FH-X779BT if you're on a tight budget.

Quote:

Originally Posted by straight6 (Post 3964430)
Just by changing the HU you will get much better sound plus you can get more features like Bluetooth streaming and phone calls.

Check out the Blaupunkt New Jersey 220BT and Pioneer FH-X779BT if you're on a tight budget.

My budget is within 20k for now. Would I get a decent HU and amplifier?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 3964435)
My budget is within 20k for now. Would I get a decent HU and amplifier?

In that budget you can get a HU, Front components, rear coaxials and a 4 ch amp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by straight6 (Post 3964967)
In that budget you can get a HU, Front components, rear coaxials and a 4 ch amp.

I already upgraded the speakers. Can you suggest a good brand amplifier?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 3965017)
I already upgraded the speakers. Can you suggest a good brand amplifier?

Go for the Blaupunkt EMA 455.

Please also get damping done for all doors as all this even without a sub will make things vibrate.

Hi BHPians,
I have an audio related issue with my 2016 Cruze LT. The OE setup sound quality was good, way above average sound quality of OE car systems. I replaced the OE audio HU with JVC KW-V41BT( In dash video player with Bluetooth) and the sound quality has dropped drastically. I tried changing the polarity of speakers and the audio setup to no avail. This is the first time in my ownership experience with 6 cars that the OE HU has performed better than after market MNC brands.
My question is, is the Cruze HU that much more advanced than a 27k after market HU? Sound quality is very important to me(as is the budget) hence is speaker upgrade mandatory for JVC if i need better sound? The OE cruze comes with 6.5 Inch speakers for all four doors + tweeters on the pillar. Any advice/ suggestion is welcome.

I have a Brio EX MT variant, which came with single din Alpine HU and 2 front speakers, which I don't know the make of.

I wish to upgrade the sound quality of the same, but am on a shoestring budget. Here are 2 options I have.

1. Take current front speakers, move them to rear. Add component speakers in the front
2. Install rear speakers, leave front speakers be as it is.

Please suggest which route should I take and what speakers should I install. I am looking to get this done in around 2-3k range. Is it worth doing this in this budget?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil Roy (Post 3973628)
This is the first time in my ownership experience with 6 cars that the OE HU has performed better than after market MNC brands.
My question is, is the Cruze HU that much more advanced than a 27k after market HU? Sound quality is very important to me(as is the budget) hence is speaker upgrade mandatory for JVC if i need better sound? The OE cruze comes with 6.5 Inch speakers for all four doors + tweeters on the pillar. Any advice/ suggestion is welcome.

Instead of swapping polarity, check if all the speakers are powered in the same sequence, + to + and - to -, if they are mixed up will result in cancellation and bad output.

Next would be to check the sound settings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by autorahul (Post 3973647)
1. Take current front speakers, move them to rear. Add component speakers in the front
2. Install rear speakers, leave front speakers be as it is.

Please suggest which route should I take and what speakers should I install. I am looking to get this done in around 2-3k range. Is it worth doing this in this budget?

Definitely option 1, add a pair of component for front. Brand based on your taste of sound, audition few at a store.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 3973710)
add a pair of component for front.

I drive a polo gt tsi with the stock audio system.
I have an RF r1 sub + enclosure sitting in the storeroom
What would be the suggestions for the amp and speakers.
I see the Blaupunkt EMA 455 is recommended above, it'll cost 6k. There is the Sony XM-N1004 for a couple of hundred bucks more as well.
For the speakers, I am thinking I'll go component for the front, and leave the rears as stock due to monetary constraints, or maybe some good coaxials. I would prefer to spend more on the front speakers.
The budget for speakers is approx 7k, can stretch to 10k or 15k if other options are way better.
Head unit, right now I am planning to stick to the stock one and go the 330+ sometime later on. I shall get the damping done as well and would like to know which brand to go for. Along with that would like to know any place in Bangalore that is recommended for installation since the car is here.
Would prefer suggestions that are available on amazon/flipkart etc since I'll be buying on EMI, and that makes the budget quite flexible.

Guru's

Seeking advice for a basic Audio system with bluetooth compatability, usb slot at least and preferably no CD player for my M800 refurbishing project.

Brand doesn't matter.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Maverick79

i think this thread is way overdue a major overhaul. about 15yrs old, most of it is obsolete

Need advise. We have recently bought Urban Cruiser Mid Auto Variant. Kindly suggest a basic head unit for it. Need to serve the purpose of rear view camera, android auto and OEM looks.