Team-BHP > Motor-Sports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2020, 12:36   #1
Team-BHP Support

Sebastian Vettel signs up with Aston Martin for 2021 & beyond

Confirmed Seb is going to Aston Martin!

Sebastian Vettel signs up with Aston Martin for 2021 & beyond-whatsapp-image-20200910-12.34.47.jpeg
Vid6639 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 12:38   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2021 Formula 1 silly season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Yup. It's confirmed.

Link

Quote:
"I am pleased to finally share this exciting news about my future," said the German. "I’m extremely proud to say that I will become an Aston Martin driver in 2021. It’s a new adventure for me with a truly legendary car company. I have been impressed with the results the team has achieved this year and I believe the future looks even brighter."
Old 10th September 2020, 12:54   #3
BHPian

Sebastian Vettel signs up with Aston Martin for 2021 & beyond

Ahead of Aston Martin’s long-awaited return to the Formula 1 grid in 2021 Sebastian Vettel has signed up to join the team. The announcement is made right ahead of the Tuscan GP at Mugello which happens to be Ferrari's 1000th GP and Sebastian Vettel's 250th GP.

Quote:
The signing of Sebastian is a clear statement of the team’s ambition to establish itself as one of the most competitive names in the sport.

As a four-time World Champion, Sebastian brings a fresh mindset to the team. He is one of the most accomplished and respected drivers in world motorsport and knows what it takes to win at the highest level.

Otmar Szafnauer, CEO & Team Principal: “Everybody at Silverstone is hugely excited by this news. Sebastian is a proven champion and brings a winning mentality that matches our own ambitions for the future as Aston Martin F1 Team.

"On a Saturday or Sunday afternoon, Sebastian is one of the best in the world, and I can’t think of a better driver to help take us into this new era. He will play a significant role in taking this team to the next level.”

Sebastian Vettel: “I am pleased to finally share this exciting news about my future. I’m extremely proud to say that I will become an Aston Martin driver in 2021.

"It’s a new adventure for me with a truly legendary car company. I have been impressed with the results the team has achieved this year and I believe the future looks even brighter.

"The energy and commitment of Lawrence [Stroll] to the sport is inspiring and I believe we can build something very special together.

"I still have so much love for Formula 1 and my only motivation is to race at the front of the grid. To do so with Aston Martin will be a huge privilege.”
Official Announcement

Last edited by glikithvinayaka : 10th September 2020 at 12:57.
glikithvinayaka is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 13:13   #4
BHPian

Expected after Perez put out his statement. At least they let him announce it and waited before taking away the spotlight. Him and Hulk have to be the nearly men of their generation.

Huge ask for the Aston now. They don’t want a former champ getting disillusioned after a few seasons in the midfield.
philipmathen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 13:19   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I think this was pretty much expected by all considering Ferrari's consistent altercations with Seb and his uncertain future. Will be great to see Seb getting the oppurtunities he deserves in the New Aston Martin/Racing Point car.
Also feeling quite sad for Checo, especially given how well he's been performing with the team. Hope he gets a seat next year!
akash_v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 13:19   #6
BHPian

re: Sebastian Vettel signs up with Aston Martin for 2021 & beyond

Wow! Finally they announced it just before Ferrari's 1000th GP!
prasathlr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 13:41   #7
Senior - BHPian

The big question on everyone's mind, will Seb improvise or continue with his spinny mistakes in the quest to be the best. But most definitely, RP should improve with inputs from the 4 time champ. Its already the Tier 2 Merc. Maybe Seb will be able to take it closer to the original Merc.

Bit sad to see Checo leave without anything in hand. He is a fine racer and better than stroll for sure.
I think Checo and Hulk need to be in F1 rather than Grosjean for sure. Kimi will surely call it a day.

Would make sense that these 2 places be taken up by Checo and Hulk.

Silly season will continue.
Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 14:14   #8
BHPian

As Long as Vettel gets a car with a planted rear, he will perfom. As the 2021 Aston will be effctively a 19s & 20s Mercedes Mashup, we can be pretty sure it would have one.
He will be overlooking this 2021 season anyway, as this will be a longterm mission and a chance for him to build a team around himself,without the politics and without the interference from the 2nd driver for the foreseeable future.
kar_thikr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 14:27   #9
BHPian

His Company car is also Ready
Hope they bring back The British Racing Green!

Tweet
Attached Thumbnails
Sebastian Vettel signs up with Aston Martin for 2021 & beyond-ehimgkpwoaa2w7g.jpg  

Sebastian Vettel signs up with Aston Martin for 2021 & beyond-ehimgksxyaaok3l.jpg  

Last edited by glikithvinayaka : 10th September 2020 at 14:29.
glikithvinayaka is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 14:34   #10
BHPian

Killer timing, stealing Ferrari's thunder just before their 1000th GP and in their home circuit. Serves them right for treating him like that!
Simha13 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 15:20   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar_thikr View Post
As Long as Vettel gets a car with a planted rear, he will perfom. As the 2021 Aston will be effctively a 19s & 20s Mercedes Mashup, we can be pretty sure it would have one.
He will be overlooking this 2021 season anyway, as this will be a longterm mission and a chance for him to build a team around himself,without the politics and without the interference from the 2nd driver for the foreseeable future.

Yep, the planted rear is key for SebAston! The politics and second driver might still happen though.
da_lowrider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 16:14   #12
BHPian

This was coming! Sad for Checo but Ocon was let go instead of him because of the same reason, i.e, money they bring to the team. If their aero package is as good as what they have this year, they can most definitely challenge RBR for the podium and even Mercedes if they're lucky.

Next year, when Mclaren goes back to Merc engines, things will get really interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glikithvinayaka View Post
His Company car is also Ready
Hope they bring back The British Racing Green!

Tweet

Caterham and Jagaur had the British Racing Green and failed. That may make them wary
adwaith is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 17:04   #13
Senior - BHPian

Good. He had outrun his welcome at Ferrari. His performance this year has been really disappointing. He has been totally outperformed by his compatriot LeClerc.
sgiitk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 17:16   #14
Senior - BHPian

What a way to kick of Ferrari's 1000th race in F1 !
A big name needs a big name ! Similar to Alpine, Aston went ahead with a champion.
Poor Checo, a worthy top team driver, who saved number of jobs at Racing Point, fell on axe.
Hulk and Checo showed so much promise, only left hang to dry. Atleast Perez enjoyed podiums.

Talking of Alpine, Alonso wished some blue, the team will donning Blue, White and Red next season.
fz_rider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 21:35   #15
BHPian

Awesome Move!

I’m truly happy for Vettel, finally he has a car worthy of his talents. Aston can surely give a nice competition to RB and Merc. 2021 will surely be a crazy season with some new rivalries and the revival of old ones.

It’s also really sad that Checo has to leave. It’s true that Aston Martin needs a face they can bank on and with Vettel they’ve got it but at the same time it’s really disrespectful to tell Perez he has to leave and announce Vettel on the next day, not a lot of respect for someone who has been in the team for 7 years!

P.S: I still believe we gonna see Perez in the 2021 season (You know what I mean)
Mat095 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks