Team-BHP > Motor-Sports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2023, 17:22   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: MotoGP Bharat | Indian Grand Prix | 22nd - 24th September, 2023

Indian Oil is the title sponsor of the first Motogp race in India.

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2023/...nd-prix/478240

Looking forward for the race.
nkrishnap is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 10:11   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
T&A and the items which are not allowed inside the venue. Wonder what will people do who are seated in the open and it rains.

Attachment 2504730
Is this normal for MotoGP races or are they being specially generous for us here?

Edit: for those going on Friday, please do post your experience.
Old 18th September 2023, 10:28   #78
BHPian

There's a physical ticket counter open in Gardens Galleria Mall, Noida.
- You can collect your pre-booked parking tickets.
- Buy race tickets
- Buy parking pass
- Buy shuttle services (Botanical garden & sector 38 metro station pickups)

They said they're open till Sunday 24th and online Shuttle services will open again for booking this week on BMS (Book my show).

I collected our parking pass, they verified the zone of tickets and issued same zone parking ticket.

The organizers are not MotoGP fans and are selling just like another event/concert! Let's see how things unfold, trying to keep the expectations low but can't keep calm as it's MotoGP.

One word on the NCR weather, it's hot & humid! One can't wear a wind cheater jacket how will they race in leather suits in the afternoon? Even the rains doesn't cool things down here.

Happy viewing,
surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 10:51   #79
Senior - BHPian

Got our tickets (picnic stand near turn 1) at home (Chandigarh) two days back.

We planned to see the sprint race on Satirday but wont be able to due to last minute changes.

Quote:
Wonder what will people do who are seated in the open and it rains.
I am wearing my rain coat as part of my attire
(Not kidding though). I live 150km away from Noida and it has been raining intermittently here. Today, there are clouds but no rain yet.
Old 18th September 2023, 11:17   #80
BHPian

I booked the early bird tickets within 5 minutes of the booking window opening, and I'm yet to receive my passes, with less than 2 days for me to depart. Had to do a lot of back and forth, and even after dealing with customer care, I'm unsure if the parking pass will come in tow or if I'll have to collect it separately (worst case scenario, fingers crossed). Knowing how BookMyShow is handling the event, I wouldn't be surprised if I reach Delhi and the parking pass reaches home here in Mumbai around the same time.
Old 18th September 2023, 11:56   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Weather forecast shows showers on Fri morning only, before FP1. So should be ok.
ds.raikkonen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 12:11   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Some Noida schools have received notifications for closure during 21-25 sept, owing to an expo in Greater noida. Could be a spanner in the commute to the track.
The F1 event used to create huge jams on the greater noida expressway, 10 years back.
Coming back was even worse, as it used to take about 30 minutes to an hour to get away from the track, get to the car, and join the highway.

Last edited by mayankk : 18th September 2023 at 12:36.
Old 18th September 2023, 12:50   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ach1lles View Post
Is this normal for MotoGP races or are they being specially generous for us here?
They are allowing only small cameras which can be carried in one's pocket. Maybe the restrictions would be keeping in mind what we Indian's are infamous for doing/behaving at such events. Food items are obvious they want you to buy from inside the venue at exorbitant prices including water.

Quote:
(Not kidding though). I live 150km away from Noida and it has been raining intermittently here. Today, there are clouds but no rain yet.
Only corporate boxes, paddock, main grandstand, and premium stands have shades/coverings. So, if one is not seated in these sections then they better wear/carry appropriate clothing considering both the heat and rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque_Curve View Post
I booked the early bird tickets within 5 minutes of the booking window opening, and I'm yet to receive my passes, with less than 2 days for me to depart. Had to do a lot of back and forth, and even after dealing with customer care, I'm unsure if the parking pass will come in tow or if I'll have to collect it separately (worst case scenario, fingers crossed). Knowing how BookMyShow is handling the event, I wouldn't be surprised if I reach Delhi and the parking pass reaches home here in Mumbai around the same time.
I had checked with bhpian Athek whether he had received his tickets as both of us were leaving a week before the event and he asked me to raise a ticket by emailing BookMyShow to change the delivery address to Noida.

My tickets arrived today at my friends address in Noida, but he is still awaiting his . You would receive Blue Dart tracking details on email and sms and should get the tickets within two days from then.
SnS_12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 13:01   #84
BHPian

Hi guys i have 1 ticket available for the GP since i won't be able to make it. Ducati Classic Stand 2 East. PM me for details, thanks.
Old 18th September 2023, 13:05   #85
Senior - BHPian

Here’s the IST schedule of the Indian Oil Grand Prix of India
Attached Thumbnails
MotoGP Bharat | Indian Grand Prix | 22nd - 24th September, 2023-f6hgo5eaqaacle3.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 13:12   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque_Curve View Post
I'm unsure if the parking pass will come in tow or if I'll have to collect it separately (worst case scenario, fingers crossed).
We received the following via BlueDart:
1. Tickets
2. Parking pass
3. A card that can be recharged with money to buy food etc. Money once loaded will not be refunded unlike the food court in malls.

Tickets should reach on or before Wednesday (2 days before the event starts, i.e. Friday) as per Bookmyshow terms. Those who haven’t yet received a tracking ID need to talk to the customer care via the chat option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
The F1 event used to create huge jams on the greater noida expressway, 10 years back.
Coming back was even worse, as it used to take about 30 minutes to an hour to get away from the track, get to the car, and join the highway
During the 2013 F1, we left just before the last lap concluded. Not being a part of the area near the Grand stand meant that we could afford to skip the victory lap. This allowed us to be at the front of the Mad Max crowd.

This time we intend to see the victory laps so will wait out in the parking before going home.

Quote:
They are allowing only small cameras which can be carried in one's pocket. Maybe the restrictions would be keeping in mind what we Indian's are infamous for doing/behaving at such events.

Only corporate boxes, paddock, main grandstand, and premium stands have shades/coverings. So, if one is not seated in these sections then they better wear/carry appropriate clothing considering both the heat and rain.
Having enjoyed the picnic stand back in 2013, we look forward to a similar experience but shall go prepared for rain. Weather is a lot more forgiving these days from the usual September standards.

We were allowed to take our bridge camera though (not pocketable). Its too bad that we cant take our dSLR inside.

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 18th September 2023 at 13:17.
PaddleShifter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 13:43   #87
BHPian

Quote:
I had checked with bhpian Athek whether he had received his tickets as both of us were leaving a week before the event and he asked me to raise a ticket by emailing BookMyShow to change the delivery address to Noida.

My tickets arrived today at my friends address in Noida, but he is still awaiting his . You would receive Blue Dart tracking details on email and sms and should get the tickets within two days from then.
I raised a ticket with BMS via mail, twitter, and insta, and only after that they assured me that it would be sent out the same day, but it took 2 more days, and I finally received the BlueDart tracking details on Saturday. As expected, there was no movement on Sunday. It has been out for delivery since morning and hopefully, I should receive it by EOD.
A few members have been receiving tickets from Mumbai, while mine is apparently coming from Delhi. I don't see why complicate this when it is easier and cheaper to send it from Mumbai to a local address.

Quote:
We received the following via BlueDart:
1. Tickets
2. Parking pass
3. A card that can be recharged with money to buy food etc. Money once loaded will not be refunded unlike the food court in malls.

Thanks for the update. It gives me a little relief compared to the lack of communication with the B(M)S that I'm putting up with.

Quote:
Tickets should reach on or before Wednesday (2 days before the event starts, i.e. Friday) as per Bookmyshow terms. Those who haven’t yet received a tracking ID need to talk to the customer care via the chat option.
It's beyond me to understand them the way they're sending these tickets randomly. Someone I know booked just 2 weeks ago and received the tickets last week, while folks like me who booked well in advance are still waiting nervously. Hopefully it arrives by EOD.
Torque_Curve is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 15:36   #88
BHPian

I fail to understand all these restrictions laid on fans who just want to support their favorite team/riders after paying heavy ticket prices. Have a baggage scanner instead of banning items left right and center. So many of us will arrive on our motorbikes and if they ban helmets inside, where are we expected to keep them? Same for phones, why can't we take with us battery packs to keep our phones running? This already feels so anxiety-inducing.

As organizers, they should facilitate a beautiful experience, not something akin to being taken into a maximum security prison
shabih is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 15:57   #89
Senior - BHPian

@Shabih: At one point of time, Punjab’s PCA stadium wouldn’t allow mobile phones inside the stadium. People would ring door bells of locals and request them to keep their belongings at their places.

I understand that a pen can be used as a projectile to disrupt the match/ event or worse a weapon during a fight but dSLR in an important item to carry during a racing event. The logic is beyond me. Regarding backpack, they do not want anyone to even take a small chocolate inside the event in order to ensure max. profits for the overpriced stuff (upto 2-4x over usual MRPs).
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 16:39   #90
BHPian

Quote:
T&A and the items which are not allowed inside the venue. Wonder what will people do who are seated in the open and it rains.

Attachment 2504730
So I followed up with BMS regarding this, and the attached below is what they had to say, seems like a copy-paste job.

I would also suggest you check the terms and conditions in the link https://in.bookmyshow.com/sports/mot...dia/ET00361456

MotoGP Bharat | Indian Grand Prix | 22nd - 24th September, 2023-bms-tc.png
FURY_44 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks