Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2011, 19:40   #31
BHPian

Re: Need a comfortable, easy to ride two wheeler for new rider in Bangalore traffic

We bought a Wego a month ago and has not had the problems mentioned by Sunsivj. It has run about 900 kms and returns an average mileage of about 43kmpl. I think its pretty good and I also think that it might even increase.

Ride quality is excellent, horn is loud enough, self start is very effective so far and the underseat storage is good too. The front storage box is not as big as that of the Activa. The suspension is far better than that of Activa, however, is on par with that of Aviator.

We got the delivery of our Wego within 2 days of booking, so no waiting at all.

Check out my ownership thread on http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...e-go-wego.html

Cheers!

Prajwal
Old 9th May 2011, 14:18   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Need a comfortable, easy to ride two wheeler for new rider in Bangalore traffic

In my opinion go for Suzuki Access. Its a wonderful scooter. It has decent FE also. Generally it gives around 40-45. It has good power & also has very good storage space. It will fit your budget as well.

My in Laws have that vehicle for almost 2 years now. No troubles at all. It handles very well as well. Good for 2 people. You must take test drive for this to feel the same
Old 12th May 2011, 21:13   #33
BHPian

@Avi550m - Though the geared vehicles seem more difficult to ride, it is fairly easy after a while and it is just another thing that your hands/legs take care automatically. Scooters with 10/11 inch wheels aren't that comfortable over potholes and speed breakers and ride for sure wouldn't match a bike.

However if you are set on buying a scooter ..you do have the added benefit of the option of being a pillion to your gf/wife too

With respect to scooters i bought one for my sister (though i ride it more often) last year and did extensive research and few test rides. The most important point i would state is unlike bikes there is absolutely no difference among scooters available. Every scooter has similar power, similar mileage and costs very similar. In way you can't go wrong with your selection nor can you be proud you have the best scooter in the market.

I ended up buying Mahindra Rodeo primarily for the front fueling ( I hate fuel tank under the seat) and fairly youthful looks.

Activa, Access, Rodeo, Flyte, Wego, Pleasure all make 7-8 bhp power, have 100-125 cc engine and costs between 45-52 k on road in Bangalore.
Old 5th June 2011, 16:54   #34
BHPian

Hi Guys

Status update: Have been going around the various showrooms trying out the different bikes on my list, and here are my observations:

1. TVS (Tristar TVS, Domlur); The salesguy almost jumped me when I entered, and went straight into a description of the Wego, which I enquired about. BTW, the Wego's OTR in Bangalore comes out to around Rs. 54k. Was available with one day delivery. The scooter looks fine, and was easy to find a comfortable riding position.

Also, I enquired about the Jive, which is Rs. 52k or so. The plastics on the bike seemed a wee bit low rent, but the bike is available with one day delivery as well. ?? Are TVS not selling enough Wego and Jives?

2. Honda; Haiku Honda, Domlur... what everyone says about Honda dealers is absolutely true. Not bothered, nope, not one bit. Enquired about the Activa (standard response, 4-5 months waiting ). Was instrigued by the new White coloured CB Twister, but they said stock is not available yet. The White Twister looks very tempting though... the service... not so much. Approx 61k for the Disc-Brake equipped Twister).

3. Yamaha; Panache Enterprises, CMH Road... They actually had an SS125 in the showroom ... The dealer here was as enthusiastic as the TVS one, with delivery within a day for the SS125, of course, they actually also tried to push for the SZ series, but I wasnt interested. The paint and other bits on the Yammie really do exude quality. Rs. 61k for the bike, same as the Twister.

4. Hero Honda (forgot showroom name, Domlur); Saw the Splendor +/Pro... given the allow wheels, it actually looks quite retro-cool now, strangely, no one was bothered initially. Bike is available within 2-4 days, depending on the colour. But more an outside shot as the bike, though retro, is a bit too bland.

One question, will the Only Toe Shifter on the SS125 and Twister make it difficult to shift wearing floaters? Cos I don't want to be always wearing shoes for using the bike for short distance trips.
Old 6th June 2011, 11:30   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi550m View Post
One question, will the Only Toe Shifter on the SS125 and Twister make it difficult to shift wearing floaters?
Should not be a problem. Best to take a test ride with floaters to get the exact feel.
Old 13th June 2011, 13:31   #36
BHPian

Wego did have the problem as mentioned in my previous post. However my brother when raised a concern with the dealer and they in turn did with TVS and and Engineer from TVS checked the vehicle and they took the vehicle for service(took 3 days) however the problem of the vehicle(stopping all of a sudden) is not present now. Its been rectified and the showroom people(Ramkay TVS in Velacherry) also filled back decent amount of petrol on the vehicle. This shows their level of customer Service.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks