Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2011, 12:44   #16
BANNED

Re: Hitches in transferring my Yamaha RX135 - Help required

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post

1) How should I solve the Chassis print problem?

2) Is the Municipal Tax applicable in my case? If yes, How?

3) Am I liable to pay Green Tax?

4) What procedure should I follow?
DO NOT TRY PUNCHING THE CHASSIS NUMBER. This is a major offence and WILL land you in jail.
The best option is to scrape off the paint and the number should be visible at least partially. If not the chassis has been changed and the number filed off. There is also a possibility that the previous owner officially bought a new chassis (without any number). In that case the receipt should have been produced to the RTO and the an Inspector should have inspected the chassis before and after the number punching. Also evidence of the destruction of the old chassis is to be produced. The RTO does not issue new chassis numbers.

Green tax is for vehicles over 15 years. No idea about municipal tax. Best option for you is to directly talk to an inspector (MVI or AMVI). Your case will probably be referred to the Asst. Dir. of Transport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
You will need to get the Chasis No embossed on a metal sheet, neatly welded over the existing one and then neatly painted with no traces of external job, thats the only way I can suggest.
Suggesting an illegal practice is an equal offence to the offence itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
benzinblut I too have some what the same story but with different 2 wheeler.
I recently got my 15 yrs old JAN 1996 Kinetic Honda DX registration renewed for 5 yrs at RTO Navi Mumbai. Mine Kinetic too didn't have the chassis no as it got rusted and scrapped of with regular dips in potholes and 15 yrs is quite a lot of time.
So during renewal of registration I told the police inspector that the chassis number has got scrapped of, he told me to get the engine no imprinted on a piece of paper and verified the vehicle on the basis of engine no. If your RX has engine no imprinted get it verified through it and don't try to have the chassis number imprinted or welded it will cause more trouble and be truthful to the RTO, even they know such problem arise with such old vehicles.
Regarding Green Tax, it is only to be paid by a vehicle which is 15 yrs or older, so it is not applicable to your vehicle.
No idea what this municipal tax is, I'm aware of only two tax those are road tax which is paid for 15 yrs and paid again when you renew your registration after 15 yrs and green tax which is paid when you renew your vehicle registration after 15 yrs.
I would suggest you to directly goto RTO Navi Mumbai and ask them about your problem and they will help you out. Later when you know what is to be done have a agent employed to do your work. As you already esquired about it, no agent will fool around you.
You did the right thing. Though it is impossible to verify completely, an inspector may use his discretion at times if he is convinced that no foul play is involved.
FRgt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 17:27   #17
BHPian

Bumping this old thread after a long time.

I sold off the bike in the subject was sold because of the difficulty in transfer.

But now I need to transfer another Rx135 in my name. No, there are no hitches this time, I just need a little advise on the procedure and sequence.

I am about to pick up a 1998 Rx 135 from a friend in Navi Mumbai. The bike is first owner but registered in MH15 Nasik RTO in his name. After completion of 15 years the papers were not renewed.

I understand that the sequence should be this:
1) Under my friend's name i pay the green tax at Nasik along with the penalty and get the RC extended
2) Apply for NOC from Nasik
3) With the above documents apply at Navi Mumbai RTO for transfer in my name

Is this the correct sequence? I seek your advise on the above procedure.

Pic of my old RX135 when newly rebuilt. It was done by a cousin. Its sold now
Attached Thumbnails
Hitches in transferring my Yamaha RX135 - Help required-black-mamba-1.jpg  

Last edited by benzinblut : 20th May 2015 at 17:34. Reason: Picture Added
benzinblut is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 23:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I recently bought a used yamaha Rx135 and want to transfer it in my name. I contacted 3 different RTO agents and got different opinions and varying rates from each of them. I need help on the following:

1) How should I solve the Chassis print problem?

2) Is the Municipal Tax applicable in my case? If yes, How?

3) Am I liable to pay Green Tax?

4) What procedure should I follow?
Having discussed with agents, I will suggest you to go inside the office and ask the RTO officers themselves. They are the ones who are going to process your documents.

You can get the answers to your questions through an RTI (Right To Information) application too.

If the RTO officers have legal concern about absence of the chassis number, then better to scrap the deal.

There may be some way out like making an affidavit in the court showing the actual engine number, tallying that engine number with the RC book and then stating the chassis number in the RC book. But better to ask RTO.

You have already mentioned that Rx owners are considered notorious and are on the cops' radar. So, why take chance when even the faint traces of the chassis number are not present?
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2015, 11:10   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
...So, why take chance when even the faint traces of the chassis number are not present?

Thanks for your reply Rahul. But you have answered to and old post. I have already sold that bike. My query is for another bike that I'm about to aquire. I need inputs on this post
Old 22nd May 2015, 13:10   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your reply Rahul. But you have answered to and old post. I have already sold that bike. My query is for another bike that I'm about to aquire. I need inputs on this post
That is exactly what I did for my RX 100, first I made the papers current then apply for transfer.

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2015, 13:18   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bumping this old thread after a long time.

I sold off the bike in the subject was sold because of the difficulty in transfer.

I am about to pick up a 1998 Rx 135 from a friend in Navi Mumbai. The bike is first owner but registered in MH15 Nasik RTO in his name. After completion of 15 years the papers were not renewed.

I understand that the sequence should be this:
1) Under my friend's name i pay the green tax at Nasik along with the penalty and get the RC extended
2) Apply for NOC from Nasik
3) With the above documents apply at Navi Mumbai RTO for transfer in my name

Is this the correct sequence? I seek your advise on the above procedure.

Pic of my old RX135 when newly rebuilt. It was done by a cousin. Its sold now
Dear benzinblut,
First of all, sorry for replying to an old post!

I think the process sequence mentioned by you is correct. Just confirm from Navi Mumbai RTO if they have any extra concerns / procedures while registering a bike more than 15 years old. IMO, there shall not be a problem in Mumbai, for a bike. You may need to get the bike inspected for fitness by Navi Mumbai RTO.

Last year, my wife transferred her license from her native place to Pune. Also my 15 years old daughter acquired a learning license and then the driver's license for non geared scoooter. On each occasion, they went to RTO themselves, without me. They avoided any agents; directly contacted the RTO officials and completed the formalities.

Not only they saved potential bribes / commissions but also they were sure that correct legal procedures were followed because it came from the authority (horse's mouth). Also their confidence in the system (and in themselves) was enhanced.

Last edited by Rahul Bhalgat : 22nd May 2015 at 13:21.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2015, 15:14   #22
BHPian

Thanks for the reply guys. One more question: Is the bike required to be taken to Nasik or an agent can handle it without that? The bike would need some work to get it started. Also, taking an unregistered bike from Navi Mumbai to Nasik and back is a task in itself.

Unfortunately I cannot spare time to go to RTO. In my case it has to be handled by an agent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
That is exactly what I did for my RX 100
@PRAMOD: Since green Tax is due for almost 2 years, I am prepared for a penalty on that. But I heard that the penalty for delay is to the tune of 100 Rs per day. Is this correct?

Last edited by benzinblut : 22nd May 2015 at 15:17.
Old 22nd May 2015, 15:38   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@PRAMOD: Since green Tax is due for almost 2 years, I am prepared for a penalty on that. But I heard that the penalty for delay is to the tune of 100 Rs per day. Is this correct?
No, Actually its a not that high(not sure how it is in Bombay), its 2000 here(compounding fine) but that depends upon how late you are(pro rata on 2000)

We have some schemes where in RTO gives you a discount for one shot payment, don't worry, most 2Strokes have expired fitness/green tax.

Pramod
Old 22nd May 2015, 15:46   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
No, Actually its a not that high...
Is the bike to be physically present at the time of renewal of RC / Green Tax payment? Can this be process without the bike being physically present?
Old 22nd May 2015, 16:22   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is the bike to be physically present at the time of renewal of RC / Green Tax payment? Can this be process without the bike being physically present?
If you go the straight route, yes! Reason, they check the road worthiness of the bike.

Pramod
Old 22nd May 2015, 20:06   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Yes the bike has to be compulsorily be present.

Basically the green tax is only the tax for using the bike which is more than 15 years old, further it is the 'passing', (permission to use the vehicle for the next 5 years is called passing), that is also a part of the procedure, for which the bike has to be physically present.

Things to take care of to save time and to avoid going back to the RTO again for the passing:

-Make sure that the colour of the tank and side panels match the colour mentioned in the RC
-The bike should not show much rust and wear
-The chassis print should be clearly printed and read on the paper
-There should be no modifications on the bike
(simple stickers and all are ok but things like chambers or free flowing filters should be changed before showing the bike to the inspecting officer)

Last edited by The Great : 22nd May 2015 at 20:14. Reason: Additional info
The Great is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2015, 10:30   #27
BHPian

Thanks for your replies.

So that means I have to make the bike fit for a nasik return trip and also be prepared to grease palms all the way to nasik and back because it has an expired RC. phew!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
-There should be no modifications on the bike
The bike is absolutely stock. It was in working condition until 18 months ago. Since then its lying at one place and most of the damage is in the form or rust and on the paintwork. Its owned and driven by my friend who lives in the neighborhood. The bike is worth the effort man.

Last edited by benzinblut : 23rd May 2015 at 10:43.
Old 23rd May 2015, 11:26   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your replies.

So that means I have to make the bike fit for a nasik return trip and also be prepared to grease palms all the way to nasik and back because it has an expired RC. phew!!!

The bike is absolutely stock. It was in working condition until 18 months ago. Since then its lying at one place and most of the damage is in the form or rust and on the paintwork. Its owned and driven by my friend who lives in the neighborhood. The bike is worth the effort man.
AFAIK the passing and green tax can be paid in Mumbai itself. Get the NOC from Nasik RTO and do the procedure here. I had done the same procedure in Mumbai when I paid green tax and did the passing for Shogun which was registered in Panvel RTO, but in my case the bike was already transferred to my brothers name before the age limit for next passing. Hence ask your RTO agent once, as I believe this can be done in Mumbai.
The Great is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2015, 12:07   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
AFAIK the passing and green tax can be paid in Mumbai itself. Get the NOC from Nasik RTO and do the procedure here.
Thanks!

Yes, I know this procedure exists. I contacted the agent in Nasik yesterday to find it out. I should get an update on Monday.
Old 25th May 2015, 13:35   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks!

Yes, I know this procedure exists. I contacted the agent in Nasik yesterday to find it out. I should get an update on Monday.
The bike will have to be taken to the parent RTO for the green tax or retest. Once that is done and transferred to your name(in the Mumbai RTO) future retests can be done at Mumbai. You don't have to ride the bike to Nasik instead you can load it on a Volvo or if you have an SUV in that. Before you do that make the bike look clean superficially, they will ask you to start the bike to hear any abnormal sounds, all electricals should be working they will ask you to switch on all of them. Should have 2 RVMs and a saree guard. We have a scheme here in kerala for old cars and Bikes where in if the tax is pending for more than 10 years, there is a discount in the fine .

Pramod

Last edited by pramodkumar : 25th May 2015 at 13:36.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks