Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2011, 18:26   #31
BHPian

Re: Two New Enfields : The Bullet Standard & Electra with 500 EFI

Guys, any news on the release of the Standard and Chrome 500? I've booked the Classic 500 and the dealer says I'll get delivery within 30-45 days. But what I'm actually keen on is the Standard 500. Love the black paint and the pinstripe tank..
Old 4th July 2011, 18:42   #32
BHPian

I had been to the RE brand store today to return the test ride bike. I talked to the Sales guy about the next RE model(s) to expect and he said that the next model will be a 500 CC Thunderbird. Classic Crome may be in for next year. No changes expected in Electra as per him.
Looks like they have planned for the CC earlier but for some reason it has been postponed.

Last edited by mTorque : 4th July 2011 at 18:44.
Old 22nd July 2011, 14:18   #33
BHPian

My Classic 500 (Green) arrives on Monday- the 25th. Am really excited, yet wishing i could have gotten the Standard 500.
Am in a fix- whether to pick this one up or wait for the Standard 500.Searching thru the net for any news on the release of the Chrome & standard 500 but to no avail.
I know I'm gonna feel really bad if I pick up the C5 next week only to find the company launching the Standard one next month...yet, I've waited enough... decisions, decisions..
Old 22nd July 2011, 14:57   #34
e46
BHPian

@rk_sans: did the std 500 have a round tail lamp? is it the same as the export version, that we could see in the RE website? I remember Venky P's mail, stating the std 500 is going to be launched soon.

request:
3 pages of this machine, and not a pic to do justice?? not good. :(
Old 22nd July 2011, 15:36   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
are there test rides being offered in Gurgaon or delhi?
RE offered test rides in Gurgaon in May. I was invited and rode both Standard 500 and Electra 500 for some 10 kms. Both bikes have exactly the same tech specs as the Classic 500. However with the regular seat both electra and standard felt more compact and better handling. I don't like Classic 500's spring seat, don't like to bounce around while cornering and braking. The Classic 500 nevertheless looks like monica belluci while both Electra/Standard looked like side artists infront of C500.
At the end of day, response to Electra/Standard was poor and around 90% of testers liked the more visually appealing C500. RE is going from city to city to test it's bike and inviting select existing customers to test both new models. I think they have already been to Pune and Bangalore.

Electra and Standard look exactly the same as their 350cc counterparts. I am waiting for the STD 500 to be launched and I would buy one if it does. The pricing will be marginally lower than Classic 500 (not more than 5-10K).
Old 22nd July 2011, 17:30   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46 View Post
@rk_sans: did the std 500 have a round tail lamp? is it the same as the export version, that we could see in the RE website? I remember Venky P's mail, stating the std 500 is going to be launched soon.

request:
3 pages of this machine, and not a pic to do justice?? not good. :(
Sorry buddy, i do not have any pics. I think its the same what we see the RE website. I went there the first day of their so called road show but they hadn't set it up till 12, so was not interested there on.
Old 22nd July 2011, 19:12   #37
BHPian

@ E46
you will find the pictures on royalenfield.com. under the tab of 'motorcycles'
and an interview with venky CEO for RE http://www.wheelsunplugged.com/show_...?sid=159&iid=9

Last edited by iron : 22nd July 2011 at 19:17.
Old 15th March 2013, 22:04   #38
BHPian

[quote=Randhawa;2396848]It's the same MR programme I had gone for and bought you the initial report on the new 500 EFI variants. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post2337740

As I said previously and saying again, it all depends upon the feedback from the guest riders and what they would pay for the carbed or EFI 500. Only after the feedback from this MR exercise report, RE will decide to either come up with carb or EFI. It will take another couple of months before it hits the market. [quote]

I've been waiting for a ELECTRA 500 EFI or a BULLET 500 but there is no news yet. The dealer here in Madurai had taken the booking in the name of TBTS500 and now says that Electra 500 / BULLET 500 is only for export and that it might be more than a year before it arrives. Customer care replies with the contact number of Mr. Nagarathinam whose contact number is INVALID and no replies from Royal Enfield. Could someone please let me know if this wait is just going to be fruitless.
Old 16th March 2013, 03:01   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Is this not what you are waiting for?

http://royalenfield.com/motorcycles/bullet-electra-efi
Old 16th March 2013, 22:42   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaJim View Post
Is this not what you are waiting for?

http://royalenfield.com/motorcycles/bullet-electra-efi
Yes the same. Please let me know when this would be available in India and also the contact number or mail ID of some point of contact at RE . When I try reaching the number on their portal it lands at the Security cabin at RE factory in Thiruvottiyur and no other response then

Most Viewed