Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: More Power to Bikes ?
Yes 43 81.13%
No 10 18.87%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2006, 11:46   #1
Senior - BHPian

I say NO !

Guys,

After reading about the Bajaj 250cc bike - a thought crossed my mind - should bike riders in India be given more powerful bikes?

I dont think so - looking at the way these guys ride. No BASIC DRIVING SENSE - NO PATIENCE - LANE CUTTING - NO HELMETS and what ever possible ways and means not to ride safetly are rampant.

But then say about 10 % of those real bikers will suffer 100 and 125 cc machines and crib about not having more powerful bikes. but i still say - we dont need to give more powerful bikes to the riders now , not atleast till they mature !

your say ?
Old 9th February 2006, 12:29   #2
Team-BHP Support

Hey NC,

I see the point you are trying to make, but the exact same thing can be said about cars...

Do we "need" - 120+bhp cars??

cya
R

ps - my answer is YES! bring on the big bikes and the Type-R/RS/S cars!
Old 9th February 2006, 13:14   #3
Senior - BHPian

You want faster cars, and you even argue over 4-5 bhp that one car has over another. You dont want bikes to be more powerful. You have a problem.

MORE POWER TO BIKERS! We need 100bhp+ bikes, please. Bring it on!
Old 9th February 2006, 13:20   #4
Senior - BHPian

I'd say no to 250cc bikes.Butttt,

YES to 600cc(100bhp) and 1000cc(170 bhp) .

These will be too highly priced for these 'road bandits' and will need a lot of skills that riders won't try to show stunts with a 8 lakhs rupee bike on the roads as a small error will make a difference to their life and not much to others(mostly).
Old 9th February 2006, 13:23   #5
Senior - BHPian

I say no cars over 130 bhp, even thats too much. and to top it we do not have the roads for these kinda machines , agreed the situation is improving but still who will improve our common sense ?

if any of the mods can change the title please do it, add cars to the title. and i said bikes because bikers are at a greater risk of loosing lives in case of any crash (i dont have any data to support it) but its my feeling.

ps- today morning while driving to work i saw a yellow bike zoom by - A Comet - and then on the highway the guy went beserk changing lanes at his will , scooting between trucks and buses , generally risking his life and limb because he wanted to be ahead of me as i overtook him ...i just slowed down and let the IDIOT go !

Last edited by normally_crazy : 9th February 2006 at 13:26.
Old 9th February 2006, 13:40   #6
Senior - BHPian

NC, a guy owning a 150bhp RS knows why he's bought it and must have some sense and maturity to drive it at sensible speeds and max it only when on a highway or safe roads. Thats what i always feel.

Forget about 17y0 kids getting an RS as gift from parents which is now tuned to 235bhp+75 bhp shot NOS. (No offence to Autopsyche). Whom should we blame here?
Old 9th February 2006, 13:55   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
NC, a guy owning a 150bhp RS knows why he's bought it and must have some sense and maturity to drive it at sensible speeds and max it only when on a highway or safe roads.
then why did we see a RS toppled over on this site (just an example). obviously the guy dint the capability of the car and himself too - irresponsible driving thats what most of the guys do

Quote:
Forget about 17y0 kids getting an RS as gift from parents which is now tuned to 235bhp+75 bhp shot NOS. (No offence to Autopsyche). Whom should we blame here?
blame the parents , the law .
Old 9th February 2006, 14:12   #8
Senior - BHPian

It doesn't matter how much power u have as long as ur responsible and capable enough to handle it. And i doubt how many people will throw they car arnd as long as they arn't real good drivers cuz of the amount of money they spent for the car.

The prob with the bikes is they are priced in such a way that almost everyone is able to afford one. Repairs are also very much affordable. But now since the 250cc pulsar is kinda overpriced for most people, only the real bikers would buy it.
Old 9th February 2006, 14:54   #9
BHPian

what is the need of a powerful vehicle for kid when he is expected to travel at a max of 50 to 60kmph.so its nonsense in my thoughts.either parents want to fulfil the needs of the kids (later repenting for showing the gates of hell/heaven (often see the kids meeting with accidents ,just coz of high speeds)) or else want to show off to other kids who are not having these fastmachines .parents should realise that not all wishes can be granted atleast for their own childs sake .hope the tbhp guys when become older and gonna have kids dont give speedguns to their kids ,if i give one i will make sure that i am pillion rider
Old 9th February 2006, 15:30   #10
BHPian

Hi All,

Most of the motorcycle riders keep their brains at home and ride the bike....Adding more power to the bikes would promote haphazard overtaking...overspeeding..which is like increasing the chances of accidents...a strong NO from me...

Regards,
Turbofreak
Old 9th February 2006, 17:13   #11
Team-BHP Support

ok NC, I now classify you as officially out of your mind!
Old 9th February 2006, 17:51   #12
Senior - BHPian

if cars can have 100+hp ..then whats the harm in having 250cc bikes..
but yeah ...like in japan ...we can have manufacturers to agree on a top speed...in japan its 180 kph ..

so even here we can have something on similar lines ...
Old 9th February 2006, 17:58   #13
Senior - BHPian

Bikes of any type fine unless top speed limited to 150kmph

Same goes for car
Old 9th February 2006, 18:18   #14
Team-BHP Support

well lets not talk about the roads and all as it not always about riding/driving at high speeds, its just the acceleration that excites most.
i'm certain our roads can handle those short bursts of power once in a while.
infact getting bigger bikes may make things safer for those who can affird them as with power they are even well packaged with better stability.
so there was a toppled rs, i say big deal, we even see toppled maruti 800's and altos, what does that mean, are we not even ready for 40+ bhp?

manson.
Old 9th February 2006, 18:30   #15
BANNED

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Deleted. Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advice you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Aditya : 9th February 2006 at 19:01.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks