Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2011, 11:30   #16
BHPian

Re: Here We go..TVS Wego : My Ownership Review

The WEGO looks hot in white, infact all I like scooters in white they stand out in the sea of gold and silver scooters.

Prajwal, what exactly does Body balance do? I have seen those quirky ad's on TV but does it help in real life riding? A colleague at work was planning to buy a gearless scooter, I forwarded the link to your thread. He was wo impressed with the information and he has decided to pick up one for his wife.
Old 21st July 2011, 12:52   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
The WEGO looks hot in white, infact all I like scooters in white they stand out in the sea of gold and silver scooters.

Prajwal, what exactly does Body balance do? I have seen those quirky ad's on TV but does it help in real life riding? A colleague at work was planning to buy a gearless scooter, I forwarded the link to your thread. He was wo impressed with the information and he has decided to pick up one for his wife.
@downsouth: I really don't want to highjack this thread, but I still don't want to "Not" reply with that excuse. What I have realised between riding the Activa and the Wego is that the centre of gravity seems a little forward in the Wego than of that of the Activa. Couple that with the 12" rear wheel, the balancing act of the Wego is a lot more assured. In fact, as suggested by Veejayyes in my thread, I tried his tip and I could spot the difference right away. My and my wife regularly putter around the town and I found balancing the Wego a lot easier than the Activa. Quite surprising, considering that the Wego is lot lighter in weight. From stationary to first throttle, it starts off without a wobble, something seems absent in most scooters. The lighter the vehicle is, the more it would wobble from starting off and then straighten up as it picks up speed. Looking at it, you'd think the Wego would do the same, but it doesn't, and that is quite noticeable.

The braking is also confidence inspiring, again due to the 12" wheel at the rear. The braking line is very straight when using only the rear brakes. The Activa behaved otherwise. Try rear-braking during a turn (perhaps while turning into a cross from the main road), you'll straightaway feel the difference.

I hope my explanation helped! I am sure parimal can add something to this from his experience of using his Wego.

Prajwal
Old 21st July 2011, 23:50   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajwalkashyap View Post
@downsouth: I really don't want to highjack this thread, but I still don't want to "Not" reply with that excuse. What I have realised between riding the Activa and the Wego is that the centre of gravity seems a little forward in the Wego than of that of the Activa. Couple that with the 12" rear wheel, the balancing act of the Wego is a lot more assured. In fact, as suggested by Veejayyes in my thread, I tried his tip and I could spot the difference right away. My and my wife regularly putter around the town and I found balancing the Wego a lot easier than the Activa. Quite surprising, considering that the Wego is lot lighter in weight. From stationary to first throttle, it starts off without a wobble, something seems absent in most scooters. The lighter the vehicle is, the more it would wobble from starting off and then straighten up as it picks up speed. Looking at it, you'd think the Wego would do the same, but it doesn't, and that is quite noticeable.

The braking is also confidence inspiring, again due to the 12" wheel at the rear. The braking line is very straight when using only the rear brakes. The Activa behaved otherwise. Try rear-braking during a turn (perhaps while turning into a cross from the main road), you'll straightaway feel the difference.

I hope my explanation helped! I am sure parimal can add something to this from his experience of using his Wego.

Prajwal

Exactly sir nothing much to add and you are more experienced to comment on Wego , just ride the Scooter Back to back after Activa/Access/Aviator you will immediately feel the difference. Even today i tried using only front brake, the same way i used to do on bike in pumping action and to my surprised, the scooter almost behaved like bike, too good breaks and balance. And this scooter is very flickable and cornering speed is also very good.

In fact i can say its a scooter gives pleasure of the both worlds, Handling of a bike and practicality of scooter.

But if you buy Wego every one will ask you one default question..Why wego..? If Honda Activa is there. .
Old 22nd July 2011, 12:30   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
Exactly sir nothing much to add and you are more experienced to comment on Wego , just ride the Scooter Back to back after Activa/Access/Aviator you will immediately feel the difference. Even today i tried using only front brake, the same way i used to do on bike in pumping action and to my surprised, the scooter almost behaved like bike, too good breaks and balance. And this scooter is very flickable and cornering speed is also very good.

In fact i can say its a scooter gives pleasure of the both worlds, Handling of a bike and practicality of scooter.

But if you buy Wego every one will ask you one default question..Why wego..? If Honda Activa is there. .
Congrats parimal_g on the new wego, The vehicle will get better in terms of smoothness and pickup after 2nd service. I have clocked close to 4000 kms over the past 5 months in my wego. Even under harsh traffic conditions, the vehicle will give a mileage of 45kms for a litre..
Mr_Bean is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2011, 00:54   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
Congrats parimal_g on the new wego, The vehicle will get better in terms of smoothness and pickup after 2nd service. I have clocked close to 4000 kms over the past 5 months in my wego. Even under harsh traffic conditions, the vehicle will give a mileage of 45kms for a litre..

Thanks, Yes the vehicle is getting better, but mileage of 45 kmpl is bit too tough to get, my second refueling i got 38 kmpl. And one observation fuel gauge is misleading, initially if the tank is full it will not come down at all for say 50-55 Kms and then it suddenly gets attracted towards Empty mark.

4000kms in 5 months is good running., do they change oil after 2nd Service as well...? Which colour ..? And Pics Please.
Old 24th July 2011, 14:35   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, Yes the vehicle is getting better, but mileage of 45 kmpl is bit too tough to get, my second refueling i got 38 kmpl. And one observation fuel gauge is misleading, initially if the tank is full it will not come down at all for say 50-55 Kms and then it suddenly gets attracted towards Empty mark.

4000kms in 5 months is good running., do they change oil after 2nd Service as well...? Which colour ..? And Pics Please.
You need not worry about the mileage for the first 1K kms, only after the second/third service you can start gauging the mileage.

For my Activa after 3rd service the mileage acheived was fairly good well withing the 45-50Kmpl mark.

One question - how much is the reserve capacity for Wego?
Old 24th July 2011, 18:21   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
You need not worry about the mileage for the first 1K kms, only after the second/third service you can start gauging the mileage.

For my Activa after 3rd service the mileage acheived was fairly good well withing the 45-50Kmpl mark.

One question - how much is the reserve capacity for Wego?

Hmm, but the wait is bit longer, i am waiting for the First service as there will be first oil change.
There is no reserve total capacity is Approx 5 Liter.
Old 24th July 2011, 18:58   #23
BHPian

Very Very Nics Pics.....Just like a professional photographer....
Well, i own a HH Pleasure n have driven a Wego. Its way too much better than HH Pleasure.

Quote:
ghodlur, you can see in previous set of pictures how the Fuel cap works, move the key to left to open the fuel cap and to right for Seat, its nice feature.
Few More Snaps.
Old 25th July 2011, 10:36   #24
Senior - BHPian

Nice thread.

I was curious about the ground clearance of the Wego. When riding double, does it bottom out on most speed-breakers?

My wife's Kinetic Honda invariably used to do so, unlike my daughter's Access which has not scraped its bottom a single time in the one year since she has it.

The FE in the Access is around 40 to 43 kmpl.
Old 25th July 2011, 13:23   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is no reserve total capacity is Approx 5 Liter.
The fuel meter on the Wego must be surely having the red line markings (a couple of them maybe). Once the needle reaches the redline the reserve fuel kicks in.

In Activa the reserve fuel is 1 ltr.
Old 25th July 2011, 22:30   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The fuel meter on the Wego must be surely having the red line markings (a couple of them maybe). Once the needle reaches the redline the reserve fuel kicks in.

In Activa the reserve fuel is 1 ltr.
But to know that the reserve fuel is kicking in is only by a visual update from the fuel gauge. There is no way else to know when "exactly" the reserve fuel is kicking in.

Its only by approximation by refuelling at the exact spot everytime and noting the odometer and fuel amount and arrive at an average figure.

Prajwal
Old 26th July 2011, 12:24   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But to know that the reserve fuel is kicking in is only by a visual update from the fuel gauge. There is no way else to know when "exactly" the reserve fuel is kicking in.

Its only by approximation by refuelling at the exact spot everytime and noting the odometer and fuel amount and arrive at an average figure.

Prajwal
Yes its a visual reading agreed since there is nothing like that available in bikes where you have a valve to move to the reserve position. Over the past numerous refuelling I have realized that when the needle is on the first red mark I should fill in 3.5 lts to top the fuel tank and the needle to go back to the full position mark.
Old 28th July 2011, 15:51   #28

True, I too have a TVS Wego. The service guy informed me that there will be 1.5 litres of fuel left in the tank once it reaches the Empty mark. TVS could have made the fuel guage much better. It is difficult to know the exact amount of fuel anytime.

Also, I found an interesting problem in my TVS Wego. After giving water wash, my wego refused to re-start. And the choke got blocked. Did anyone faced this problem in their Wego's. I don't know whether this is the right forum for asking this question.

Thanks.
Sridharan

Quote:

Prajwal
Old 22nd January 2012, 12:52   #29
BHPian

Update.. 2200 Kms,
6 Months Update.

Today morning i sent My Wego for 3rd Free Servicing, She has crossed 2200 Kms.
Not faced any issues till date except from the Rats, i dont know from where they enter at back side of Headlight and cut the Break wire and head light wires, since two month i have forgotten that my Wego is auto start, as whenever i repaired the wires with in next 3-4 days, rats cut the wires, so kept it like that, now today hope service center will fix the wires.
But Wego never gave any problems for Start even in cold morning, She is one kick start, never gave me starting trouble.
Bullet points
1> Max speed i took 90 Km/hr with the help of slope, 85 kms is easy to attend . engine roars at max speed but its not annoying.
2> Average: On my office commute i get 42-45 Depends on traffic, tankful to tankful method, speeds mostly 50-70 Km/Hr.
3> Ground clearance is good and comfort is awesome for a Scooter.
4> Breaks are good, but i think wear is faster.
5> About suspensions, i like rear more, they are better on Bad roads. even front are good but may be am expecting too much.
6> Headlight beam is very good.

In fact overall am very happy with the performance of the scooter. the ride, the engine is butter smooth, She is at best when you are cursing between 60-70 Km/Hr.

Will update in the evening about the Service breakup, i think this time there will be oil change.
Old 23rd January 2012, 20:03   #30
BHPian

Quote:

In fact overall am very happy with the performance of the scooter. the ride, the engine is butter smooth, She is at best when you are cursing between 60-70 Km/Hr.
That's a good tip..... I'll also "curse" the Wego at 60-70 Km/Hr so that it will be butter smooth!

Just pulling your leg!

Prajwal

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks