View Poll Results: which one ,
avenger 17 53.13%
thunderbird 15 46.88%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2006, 19:07   #1
BHPian

tell me which cruiser

well guys i am buying a new bike this march along with a new car the car is almost selected
but the problem is with bike
i am 92kgs(in appearance not overweight )but the mass is masssssss
i have selected two bikes finally .my heart says at times avenger and at it times i think of thunderbird.so guys help me out
aadix get me out of this jinx
i am more concerned withthe thunderbird coz after a year i will have to leave this bike for my dad .he is 5ft 6 and i dont athink cruisers will help him but avenger can ,so guys please i leave the final decision for u.and only u guys have this time i will stick to what ever tbhp says
Old 12th February 2006, 19:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

I would prefer the Avenger over the Thunderbird. I haven't ridden any of them, but just like the Avenger's looks a lot more than the Thunderbird's
Old 12th February 2006, 19:56   #3
Team-BHP Support

in the indian scene there s nothing that comes close to having something thump like a bullet under you, is more like being a par of a cult . . you know what i mean. the bullets have this whole image to them. whereas the avenger is all about having a somewhat practical cruiser considering your dad s going to use it after a while, and it obviously translates into fewer visits to the service centre for you dad. basically the head goes with the avenger but the heart is with the thunderbird all the way . .

manson.

manson.
Old 12th February 2006, 21:54   #4
BHPian

Your DAD is in the equation

The sole reason I chose the avenger is because your DAD is in the equation at 5 feet 6 inches. If not for him I would definitely suggest the thunderbird 100percent. Bye and wear your seatbelts when driving your car and a helmet when astride your bike.
Old 12th February 2006, 22:05   #5
Senior - BHPian

anna,buy the avenger,would be very convnient for even uncle to use.and would suit u to the hilt.sarena?,doubt unte call cheyyi.
Old 13th February 2006, 02:13   #6

Hey trinadha

Definitely the Avenger

I had an Eliminator 2005, and it worked perfectly for me, I'm 1.80mts tall and 110 kg, and still the bike managed to handle me and my passenger (she's 55kg) just fine, over 100km/h
It's a damn well put bike, and if had a chance I'd buy the Avenger, I just loved my Elim (but had to sell it due to a serious crash)

See ya
Old 13th February 2006, 05:57   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix
anna,buy the avenger,would be very convnient for even uncle to use.and would suit u to the hilt.sarena?,doubt unte call cheyyi.

huh???? can some one translate this....
anyways the avenger looks like the rebadged eliminator to me...and i guess the thunderbird is a better bike if you are looking at the engine capacity and comfort level as i have had a citybike 500 before... had to sell due to some crazy people around .. but if you are looking at selling the bike after your dad has used it then the bullet has very little resale.. not sure of the avenger..
Old 13th February 2006, 09:02   #8
BHPian

guys i have one option,this time a bettter one when i am going off i can selll off the bike and buy a gearless bike.
guys wear a helmet its now for a fine but for remaining in this world to pay the fine atleast.

Day before yesterday one of my friends met with accident ,yuvraj was off on his way to his home army quarters in secunderabad when he fell off from his friends bike (activa) on to the divider and there was internal bleeding ,he died on his wasy to gandhi hospital,first he was taken to applo butit seems doctors said they cant help him. he was with all his freinds just before he died they went to an engagement and later in the evening he went to refresh himself .when this stupid thing happened,boy he was cheerful,and always caring.WOrst thing for his parents was his fater he is a major posted at jammu he will come tommorow ,helmet could have saved his head,truly.helmet can save life.
Old 13th February 2006, 10:29   #9
Senior - BHPian

off topic:
trinath,yuvraj's death was not beacuse of the head injury but because of the massive internal bleeding when he liver got punturced dude to an rib bone.i believe he was dead by the time they took him to apollo.he was in gandhi for the post mortem.after which he was transfered to the military hosp.
uncle is coming today,cremation will be tomo early morning....

back to the main topic:why dont u pic up an 2nd hand bullet??anyways u will be selling it in one year na,u will not lose much.

Quote:
sarena?,doubt unte call cheyyi.
it means "ok?any more doubts call me" in telugu
Old 15th February 2006, 20:16   #10
BHPian

I think the thunderbird will suit your purpose . Also I don't think your father will have problems riding the thunderbird though he is 5'6" .
Old 15th February 2006, 21:49   #11
BHPian

avenger would be right considering your dad and in terms of RELIABILITY, FUEL savings its way ahead of the thunderbird. i have a bullet machismo and to be riding any of the enfield stable it will take you about a year to know the various types of unexpected problems and to know where and how to locate simple basic repairs. The thuderbird is a good cruiser but lacks the "bullet thump" and although you have all new gadgets which were basics on other bikes 10 yrs back the refinement of Enfield is a very very big Question mark.

I as a user of the enfield suggest you to go for avenger which tech modern, reliable, and a SERVICE BACKUP which you will admire if u were to compare the service standards of Royal Enfield dealers. The service of enfield is simply pathetic.

btw my enfield has lived for 162,000kms on first oversize. All my mechs will vote for a standard bullet over the thunderbird. there are many reasons to that. other than looks and size appeal the thunderbird is nothing related to an enfield.

finally the choice is entirely urs.

Last edited by 2fast4u : 15th February 2006 at 21:55.
Old 16th February 2006, 11:59   #12
Senior - BHPian

Thunderbird. It really thunders. Nothin matches enfield cruisers.

I still wonder how bajaj and yamaha made sub 250cc cruisers in the first place.
Old 17th February 2006, 00:40   #13
BHPian

its avenger which will be my friend. i got it decided finally,gush and guys i may be booking the vehicle this 22 or 23 whichever date is good as per my jatakam hee hee.but which color is better ,this time i have two red and black but heard that red fades away ,so maybe blackit looks sexy ,tell me any extra fittings necesary(these come in later at time when i am getting the vehicle delivered) ,and what should i check before booking is the criteria,also help me out with the color,,

i am backing off from thunderbird just because of FE(a very minute difference of 5 to 10 kmpl)and the servicing,...but still doors not shut
Old 17th February 2006, 02:30   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinadha
its avenger which will be my friend. i got it decided finally,gush and guys i may be booking the vehicle this 22 or 23 whichever date is good as per my jatakam hee hee.but which color is better ,this time i have two red and black but heard that red fades away ,so maybe blackit looks sexy ,tell me any extra fittings necesary(these come in later at time when i am getting the vehicle delivered) ,and what should i check before booking is the criteria,also help me out with the color,,

i am backing off from thunderbird just because of FE(a very minute difference of 5 to 10 kmpl)and the servicing,...but still doors not shut

ROyal enfield thunderbird is a passion. Its not a bike you buy here but a passion for Classic British Cruisers. Royal enfield has worked a lot on this bike to improve sales. Comfort still remains first class and now is more improved with gas shocks and the new Geabox on left. maintainence is on a higher side but many enfield lovers consider it to be an asset.(obviously they are mad)

Bajaj avenger on the other hand is a mini cruiser(It should atleast have been 250cc) Excellent build quality and driving style. This bike has street presence too. Comes out to be a more logical buy. The small engine is certainly not as powerful as the enfield and also lacks in power(dont even dare compare the torque)

In the end its a selection for you between old style retro cruiser or new age hi-tech cruiser.

I would prefer the enfield as I said above but then volumes speak for bajaj.
Old 17th February 2006, 05:51   #15

:WTF: A 350cc having the same top speed as a 180cc?? Well, my Eliminator didn't have 180, actually it was 173.6cc, and still made decent numbers. Avenger due to dts-i should perform even better, and as I've always known, not always more cc's mean more performance (there's the Yamaha rx135 that beats both of them, big time)...

So, you're making a smart buy Trinadha... for 350cc it should make 130 with ease...

(data obtained from: http://www.roleximpex.com/royal-enfi...torcycles.html )

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks