Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2011, 18:48   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield unveils Chrome and Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puranjoy View Post
Chrome and DS are not yet available for booking in Kolkata . Went to the dealer today to try to change my booking from TBTS to DS. Hard luck. But good news is that the originally booked TBTS is ready for delivery and I can pick it up on monday .
blessing in disguise but as per the launch these two models should be available uniformly across all cities
anyway congrats for TBTS, i have one and just love it
Old 15th October 2011, 23:37   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

A friend booked a black Classic Chrome this week and was initially set a 6-month delivery duration. To everyone's surprise - including mine, RE called him today and told him his bike is in transit to make the delta payment! He will now be getting the bike not later than Oct 24, since RE claims his is the first Classic Chrome that will go for registration in Bangalore and RTO formalities might take an additional couple days.

Expectedly, my friend was celebrating his good turn of events at last check!
Old 17th October 2011, 12:40   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
These bikes are different in the front fork, where the fork offset is removed (can be seen in the pics). Supposedly sharpens the handling. Also supposed to have a longer rear swing-arm.
Absolutely right
to quote Adil Jal Darukhanawala from an article on zigwheels.com
"have a completely new front fork and revised geometry for the 2012 Classic range in focus here. To the unsuspecting eye this may yet look the same but peer close and you see that the forks (built by Endurance who also provide the rear gas charged shock absorbers) act directly on the axle and even though their housings remain yet in the traditional retro style, the internals and their construction are all new. The revised geometry this brings in its adoption sees the trail hiked to 101.49mm from the previous 72.54mm while the centre shift of the forks measure 26mm at a rake angle of 26.09 degrees.
So much for the number crunching but moving on to the placement of this directly on the axle has meant a positive shift in the weight distribution plus also the ability to soak up braking forces without affecting the directional stability of the machine. There is much more poise, more ease and generally a much calmer approach when hitting the anchors. In fact the Royal Enfield engineers went back into history to revert back to a 19-inch front wheel, junking the 90/90-18 tyre for a 90/90-19 unit. The good thing is that this entire revised front end set-up works a treat and the near neutral handling ability colludes well with the overall character of this machine to make it a pleasure ride every time one swings a leg over its minimalist single seat and hits the road. The rear tyre is also changed, a slightly wider 120/80-18 unit coming in place of the 110/90-18 detail on the original Classic.
While the new front forks and larger diameter wheel up front constitutes the main detail changes on the 2012 Classics, there are some important tweaks elsewhere on the machine. One of these is the new mapping of the electronic fuel injection system, the Royal Enfield engine men worked with Japanese fuel equipment supplier Keihin to make for a much smoother power delivery without sacrificing any of the crisp response (in relation to the pre-Classic Bullets) which has been just as much of a revelation"

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 17th October 2011 at 12:41.
Old 19th October 2011, 20:10   #34
shimshumara

Yipeeee, I got my Classic Chrome Maroon. Done with first 200kms as well. Nice feel to answer queries in the traffic signals, gas station, parking lots . I am not able to upload the pics but will do soon.

Old 21st October 2011, 09:09   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshumara View Post
Yipeeee, I got my Classic Chrome Maroon. Done with first 200kms as well. Nice feel to answer queries in the traffic signals, gas station, parking lots . I am not able to upload the pics but will do soon.
congrats mate to own the premium RE, please share your experience and snaps of the chrome beauty
Old 21st October 2011, 16:48   #36
GSM
BHPian

Guys,

It is vehicle replacement time for me (both car and my bike). I ride a Thunderbird 2004 model. Am planning to either replace it or modify it (last option). I am looking at the classic series as an alternative. I use my bike for city rides only. Once in a year or 18 months, I might hit the highways for some long drives (some 1500 - 2000 Kms trip) I need your suggestion regarding the following -
1. Is the classic series more comfortable than TB350 for city rides in terms of driving position, stress on lower back and wrists? (I am 5 ft 10 inch, heavily built)
2. I hate my TB350's vibrations! Are the Classic series any better than this? or worser?
3. Under emergency situation, when I break, the TB350 fishtails and often scares the **** out of me. Is the classic series, the same fish family or slightly better in terms of braking?
4. Niggles! I know there should be some improvements, but not to a great extent. Still need your inputs in this regard.

Thanks in advance!
Old 21st October 2011, 17:45   #37
shimshumara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
congrats mate to own the premium RE, please share your experience and snaps of the chrome beauty
Thanks Ruchir, the experience was an awesome one, especially with the bonding I had with my Ikran (like Jake Sully in Avtar). While me and my colleague walked into the show room at Erragadda, HYD, to get our Bullets, they were ready. We started inspecting and I also took some pics. While inspecting, (how stupid of me), I wanted to feel the curve of the silencer (this is my first bullet) and while I caressed the exhaust pipe with my right palm, it got stuck and the whole palm was burnt instantly. Thanks to the show room guys and my colleague we had some first aid but even after 10 days, my palm is not 100% back to normal. Today was the first day after 10 days, I held my Accelerator with my bare hand . Else, the delivery was memorable to both myself and those guys. They also took the Bullet to the near by service station, did some checks, fitted a leg guard. I would rate this as a good experience. Thanks to Vikas & Raju (Sales) Ram Babu & Srinivas (Service)

Old 21st October 2011, 17:47   #38
shimshumara

I dont think I am allowed to post pictures, but as soon as I get the privilege, will share them. BTW, is sending a link of Picasa or FB allowed?

Old 22nd October 2011, 08:43   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshumara View Post
I dont think I am allowed to post pictures, but as soon as I get the privilege, will share them. BTW, is sending a link of Picasa or FB allowed?
i think you can post pics but dont write back to back posts instead use the EDIT mode of the post to write anything within 20 minutes,
feel sorry for your palm burn and that too on the delivery date, anyway happy thumping, will like to see some snaps
ruchirtnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2011, 09:23   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSM View Post
Guys,

It is vehicle replacement time for me (both car and my bike). I ride a Thunderbird 2004 model. Am planning to either replace it or modify it (last option). I am looking at the classic series as an alternative. I use my bike for city rides only. Once in a year or 18 months, I might hit the highways for some long drives (some 1500 - 2000 Kms trip) I need your suggestion regarding the following -
1. Is the classic series more comfortable than TB350 for city rides in terms of driving position, stress on lower back and wrists? (I am 5 ft 10 inch, heavily built)
2. I hate my TB350's vibrations! Are the Classic series any better than this? or worser?
3. Under emergency situation, when I break, the TB350 fishtails and often scares the **** out of me. Is the classic series, the same fish family or slightly better in terms of braking?
4. Niggles! I know there should be some improvements, but not to a great extent. Still need your inputs in this regard.

Thanks in advance!
I am in the same boat own a TB 2005 model and i am 6'2", i love every bit of my TB which i have already modified, i have booked a RE Desert Storm 500 just because i want to avoid kick start in my TB (my TB is a kick start model only)
IMHO, the seating position and posture of back in TB is more comfortable than any RE, my reason of change is only kick start which i am advised by doctor not to use much, but otherwise i love every piece of comfort TB offers once on road

PS: Mods: Please merge my both the back to back posts in one

Last edited by ruchirtnt : 22nd October 2011 at 09:25.
Old 22nd October 2011, 10:26   #41
GSM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
I am in the same boat own a TB 2005 model and i am 6'2", i love every bit of my TB which i have already modified, i have booked a RE Desert Storm 500 just because i want to avoid kick start in my TB (my TB is a kick start model only)
IMHO, the seating position and posture of back in TB is more comfortable than any RE, my reason of change is only kick start which i am advised by doctor not to use much, but otherwise i love every piece of comfort TB offers once on road
Many thanks Ruchir!

My TB is also kick start only. No Electric Start models were available around the time I bought my TB (it is a sick abbreviation, but considering the current status of my bike, it fits well).

Even with that seating posture, my back isn't getting any better treatment. The biggest trouble with my TB350, in my view is the horrible vibrations (despite getting it serviced at intervals of 2500 kms approx, replacing oils, replacing piston some 1000 kms back, which was the third replacement over the last six years). The vibrations are pretty heavy that I experience pain till my neck, with the helmets on.

I have kind of decided to go do a test drive of the classic series, and then take a call. If I am not comfortable with it either, would turn towards some Jap stuff.

Regards
Old 17th June 2013, 22:35   #42
BHPian

Dusting a old thread for a new fuel tank

Today I went to The Legend Motors, Chennai to know about the status of my Desert Storm booking, while on a casual chat with the SA asked him to show me some new Desert Storm ready to be delivered as mine is expected after a fortnight.

And suddenly I spotted some difference between the New DS fuel tank and the old ones waiting their after being serviced, It was bulkier and definitely good looking. When questioned the SA told me that the new factory (Oragadam) is assembling 20 liters fuel tank to the DS and thats a good, new and welcome addition.

This new tank looks good when viewed side by side with a old DS. Kudos to RE.
narchennai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2013, 15:33   #43
BHPian

Re: Dusting a old thread for a new fuel tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by narchennai View Post
Today I went to The Legend Motors, Chennai to know about the status of my Desert Storm booking, while on a casual chat with the SA asked him to show me some new Desert Storm ready to be delivered as mine is expected after a fortnight.

And suddenly I spotted some difference between the New DS fuel tank and the old ones waiting their after being serviced, It was bulkier and definitely good looking. When questioned the SA told me that the new factory (Oragadam) is assembling 20 liters fuel tank to the DS and thats a good, new and welcome addition.

This new tank looks good when viewed side by side with a old DS. Kudos to RE.
Hi narchennai (Naresh?),

Thanks for the post. Would you be able to post a picture of the DS with the 20 litre tank? My DS booking was also due for delivery - I am extending it to mid September to avoid the rains as much as possible. Had started veering towards Chrome lately but saw your note above - so having renewed interest in DS :-)

- Manish
Old 7th July 2013, 22:25   #44
BHPian

Desert Storm in 50 days

Happy news for me and those interested.

I booked my Desert Storm on 16th May 2013 and I got a call from the dealer - The Legend Motors yesterday and they informed that this bike had arrived.
Much excited I went with payments to be made for the same and I saw that the bike was getting unloaded from the lorry (SR Transport - TATA Truck, why couldnt they use EICHER Trucks )
Made a payment of Rs.1.01 lakhs (Numerological reasons) and told them that I will decide on the bike after PDI by me and RTO number fixing (fancy number). I was informed to come on Monday to see the bike and start the formalities.
Happy to own this bullet in 50 days approx.
Old 8th July 2013, 13:56   #45
BHPian

Re: Desert Storm in 50 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by narchennai View Post
Happy news for me and those interested.

I booked my Desert Storm on 16th May 2013 and I got a call from the dealer - The Legend Motors yesterday and they informed that this bike had arrived.
Much excited I went with payments to be made for the same and I saw that the bike was getting unloaded from the lorry (SR Transport - TATA Truck, why couldnt they use EICHER Trucks )
Made a payment of Rs.1.01 lakhs (Numerological reasons) and told them that I will decide on the bike after PDI by me and RTO number fixing (fancy number). I was informed to come on Monday to see the bike and start the formalities.
Happy to own this bullet in 50 days approx.
Nice to know narchennai. Congratulations.
Btw, I myself did visit my dealer and found one DS waiting for delivery. The 20 litre does look impressive. Though i can ask for a delivery anytime now, i would rather wait for the monsoon to get over in Mumbai. Target date - September 9th.

-Manish

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks