Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2006, 05:17   #16
BHPian

Hmmmmmmm, I see no mention of the victor GLX. In my personal opinion its the best bike in the 125cc segment. The discover is also good.

Yes, Honda and Suzuki are rumoured to come out with 125cc bikes and it would be good to give them a look before you make your decision that is if you can wait.

Peace
DNR --- TCR
Old 23rd March 2006, 13:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

Are you looking for a two stroke or a four stroke?
Old 23rd March 2006, 13:55   #18
Senior - BHPian

Discover is one SWEET bike ! I would settle for Discover - if you are not comfortable with Bajaj , then I would say the Fazer !
normally_crazy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2011, 11:04   #19
vsh
BHPian

Re: Help in Selecting New Bike! 120-135 cc

hi guys
i have to choose a bike in 125-135 cc. please suggest me a good bike which can take bad roads too. daily commute will be around 20-30km.
Old 2nd June 2011, 12:03   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsh View Post
hi guys
i have to choose a bike in 125-135 cc. please suggest me a good bike which can take bad roads too. daily commute will be around 20-30km.
If you are going to use bike on Bad roads, TVS Victor GLX is best, am having it, but i think its discontinued now, check for For TVS Flame, one of my friend has this very good mileage and very comfortable.
parimal_g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2011, 12:35   #21
Senior - BHPian

Try either a yamaha or the pulsar 135. It is as quick as a 150cc FZ, is good at handling, lightweight and to top it all bajaj's spares are dirt cheap as compared to rivals. For examole ZMA's disc pad cost about 1500 INR n pulsar's a mere 300 INR as i recently found out. And I won't say anything about which bike brakes better n spark off an unwanted arguement but let us just say that both the bikes have adequate braking.
YC.BALENO.CHD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2011, 17:48   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Try either a yamaha or the pulsar 135. It is as quick as a 150cc FZ, is good at handling, lightweight and to top it all bajaj's spares are dirt cheap as compared to rivals. For examole ZMA's disc pad cost about 1500 INR n pulsar's a mere 300 INR as i recently found out. And I won't say anything about which bike brakes better n spark off an unwanted arguement but let us just say that both the bikes have adequate braking.
+1

Yes same case with Honda one of my friend changed his Break Disc pad of Unicorn and it was 1200 + something, and for my TVS Victor it was only 320 Rs.
Even for my Palio its 1100 Rs only.
Old 2nd June 2011, 21:46   #23
vsh
BHPian

thanks parimal_g and yc.baleno.chd.
i am looking between honda twister(110cc), yamaha and pulsar 135. it seems pulsar 135 would be the best choice. BTW whats your thoughts on twister?

Last edited by vsh : 2nd June 2011 at 21:50. Reason: modifying question
Old 2nd June 2011, 23:08   #24
BHPian

Quote:
i am looking between honda twister(110cc), yamaha and pulsar 135. it seems pulsar 135 would be the best choice. BTW whats your thoughts on twister?
Yes even i think Pulser is best VFM, good looks, i think even suspensions are good, Twister, better avoided, why to good for 110 CC, It looks like bigger bike, but don't think it will be it will be as comfortable as Pulser or Yamaha.

Test drive both the bikes and decide(Yam and Pulser).
parimal_g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2011, 01:27   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Its hard questioning a Honda in terms of quality and reliability but in my opinion the 135cc pulsar should be a better bet. It may last about a decade if not a lifetime (as in case of Honda) and will give you performance of 150cc at a price point of 125cc both in terms of buying and maintainence. Plus the new range of Pulsars is rumoured to be based about the 135 LS and KTMs, if that helps, so just safely assume that Bajaj is quite serious about the leaps in terms of technology it took with the
Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g
my Palio its 1100 Rs only
Now what should I assume from this??...Is it easy maintaining a palio or tough maintaining a Honda 2 wheeler??

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 4th June 2011 at 01:30.
Old 4th June 2011, 09:42   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post

Now what should I assume from this??...Is it easy maintaining a palio or tough maintaining a Honda 2 wheeler??
Its not about which one is tough to maintain, just shows how expensive the Spare Parts of Honda are, and i never find Honda Two wheelers available in India to be superior than Indian Bikes in terms of quality.
Old 4th June 2011, 11:26   #27
Senior - BHPian

Ohkay, that was just in a lighter manner. YES many say that Indian bikes are as good as the japs when it comes to quality and I don't have much to say against it but just that I rely on the fact that worldwide Honda is known to boast of great built.
Old 6th June 2011, 01:37   #28
BHPian

Till now almost all the bikes have been suggested. Let me try to make your decision easier.

You need - Safety, FE, comfort.

Splendor - Safety (drum brakes), thin tyres, FE - Good if ridden properly, comfort - Riding stance yes, back - NO.
Glamour - Safety (front disks available), good tyres, FE - Varied reports also parts are not easy to come by, Comfort - Good suspension.
Discover 135 - Disks in the front (hard braking thoug), nice tyres, FE - Good, Riding stance - commuter like, Gas shockers at the rear. VFM.
Pulsar 135 - Disks in the front (hard braking thoug), nice tyres, FE - Good, Riding stance - sporty, Gas shockers at the rear.
Yams - disks available, decent FE, ok tyres, good suspension can be ridden over the curves as easily as in the city. No nonsense
Suzuki Slingshot - Disks in the front, nice tyres, good FE, comfortable and has the wow factor.
Honda Twister - Looks like Arnold Shivajinagar. (Wants to be a bodybuilder but god (designer) gave spindly legs and a small__) Puny engine, thin tyres, pathetic suspension. Pathetic A$$.
Honda Shine - Little brother of Unicorn. Nice bike overall.
TVS Flame - nice bike overall. Jack of all trades.
Old 6th June 2011, 03:29   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
Till now almost all the bikes have been suggested. Let me try to make your decision easier.

You need - Safety, FE, comfort.

Splendor - Safety (drum brakes), thin tyres, FE - Good if ridden properly, comfort - Riding stance yes, back - NO.
Glamour - Safety (front disks available), good tyres, FE - Varied reports also parts are not easy to come by, Comfort - Good suspension.
Discover 135 - Disks in the front (hard braking thoug), nice tyres, FE - Good, Riding stance - commuter like, Gas shockers at the rear. VFM.
Pulsar 135 - Disks in the front (hard braking thoug), nice tyres, FE - Good, Riding stance - sporty, Gas shockers at the rear.
Yams - disks available, decent FE, ok tyres, good suspension can be ridden over the curves as easily as in the city. No nonsense
Suzuki Slingshot - Disks in the front, nice tyres, good FE, comfortable and has the wow factor.
Honda Twister - Looks like Arnold Shivajinagar. (Wants to be a bodybuilder but god (designer) gave spindly legs and a small__) Puny engine, thin tyres, pathetic suspension. Pathetic A$$.
Honda Shine - Little brother of Unicorn. Nice bike overall.
TVS Flame - nice bike overall. Jack of all trades.

Once again I'll suggest u to have a good look at yamaha or bajaj. Slingshot too is a nice bike but buy only if you can digest the looks otherwise I have 2-3 friends who have a 125cc suzuki with 2 of them having a Zues and 1 a slingshot and they usually are all praose for their bikes.
Old 13th June 2011, 21:50   #30
Senior - BHPian

If i were in the market searching for a 135CC bike, my thoughts would be on a Pulsar 135. Pretty decent and ride quality is quite good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks