Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2006, 14:30   #16
BHPian

New tyres

My bikes tyre got punctured on the same spot twice in the same week, first time i got the puncture repaired without actually getting the tyre removed, but when it happened the second time i got he tyre removed and inspected , on inspection the tyre had a crack on the inside which was not visible outside, when i took the tyre to the manufracturers (MRF), they told me that it was an impact fracture and not a manufaturing defect and that i had to replace the tyre , if not the tube is likely to get puncutered again. now, that i have to change the tyre can u guys help me pick a tuff tyre because the roads i ride on are mainly only metal roads and are not surfaced with asphalt. I ride an UNICORN . even bigger tyres will do, how will the bigger tyres change the performance and handling of the bike, also FE.
regards

Thread merged.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 28th April 2006 at 15:03.
Old 28th April 2006, 14:53   #17
BHPian

RX135 tyer change help.

hi all,
my Rx 135 tyers need replacement...
wanted to know what is the best tyer for the bike, front and back...
and howmuch will it cost...

i also wanted to put a RPM meter on the bike...
i see people putting RD350 meters but they are not working...
how much will i get them for the bike,...
and how much...

Thread merged.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 28th April 2006 at 15:55.
Old 28th April 2006, 14:56   #18
BHPian

Unicorn has a monoshock and the max i have seen on a unicorn is a 110 section tyre fitting rather closely to the swingarm.

from what i guess, it comes fitted with a 3 or 3.25*18 tyre.

You can safely upgrade to a 100/90-18 Zapper-Q (not the regular pulsar zappers)

If you can try and fit a Pirelli Sport-Demon 110/90, you are never gonna regret it. i have one on my bike (not a unicorn)

Anything more than a 110 section is a compromise for our 150 odd CC machines.
Old 29th April 2006, 23:27   #19

your bike has good tires keep them. or upgrade the back tire to one size bigger.try getting a better compound.pirelli or michelin
Old 5th May 2006, 20:55   #20
BHPian

guysafter much research,taking ur advise n irritating the hell out of some tyre dealers finnaly settled for a new rear tyrefor my ride. as suggested i checked out the pirelies n the michliens, but all these tyres r soft compound even the dunlop in india is soft compound. one of the tyre dealer suggested that ieither go in for ceat or tvs as these were hard compounds. tried a 120/90-18 but dosent clear unicorns swing arm, and 100/80-18 were as narrow as the previous ones on the bike , so decided to go infor 100/90-18 which were a little wider.
now after deciding on the size now to decide the company, the two tyres i narrowed in were CEAT SECURA ZOOM and TVS JUMBO, i went in for the latter cos i saw one stock fitted on the APACHE and went in with the gut feeling that TVS would have done some testing on it and then stock fitted it on the APACHE.
as of today i have done around 300k's with the tyre and ther has been noi drop in pick up, FE and top end of the bike.
please send feed back on my choice .
regards
Old 6th May 2006, 21:19   #21
BHPian

You better watch out dude...

TVS tyres do not have the best of reputations when it comes to grip.

I say this out of personal experience. I own an F2, and the rear would really love fishtailing. A lot of inspection finally showed that the tyre was an issue...and found that the issue was the same with the others.

It's been a long time with a CEAT tyre on a bike...so I'd rather you tell us how the TVS Jumbo is doing.
Old 8th May 2006, 20:53   #22
BHPian

so far so good , the tyre takes the bumps really well, no fishtailing as of now
Old 7th September 2023, 10:37   #23

Re: Suggestions/improvments on bike tyres

Hey guys ! My friend owns a 2019 KTM Duke 200 and wants to change his tyres and wheels (alloys) to 16 inch ones. He feels that the current tyres kn his bike lack grip and wants to know what 16'' tyres would look good and provide good grip. I was wondering if any of you also had any good suggestions for alloy wheels. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance !
Old 7th September 2023, 12:45   #24

Re: Suggestions/improvments on bike tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffTheLine View Post
Hey guys ! My friend owns a 2019 KTM Duke 200 and wants to change his tyres and wheels (alloys) to 16 inch ones. He feels that the current tyres kn his bike lack grip and wants to know what 16'' tyres would look good and provide good grip. I was wondering if any of you also had any good suggestions for alloy wheels. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance !
Sorry I meant to say 14 inch and he does not want to change the wheels. Sorry for the mistake. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks