Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2011, 22:05   #16
BHPian

Re: Where to buy genuine spare parts for the Yamaha RD350?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sem80-88 View Post
Thank you guys for all the information. Will see what is available here. I have got the option to buy a 1975 RD350B. Which is lying at a farmers shed here. It needs clocks,gear shift lever,indicators,new seat, mainly cosmetic.
I am selling few parts of RD 350. I have the Expansion Chambers (Performance Exhaust system) I also have the rear shocks, the original front/rear Wheels Hubs, with break pads with break wire & speed meter cable etc. Call me on +919810015831 if you need any of the items. You can also check the link for pictures & more information. Yamaha\Rajdoot RD350 LT\HT Expansion Chambers (Exhaust) rear shocks & front/rear Wheels Hubs - xBhp Classifieds : Buy & Sell
Old 5th July 2013, 18:36   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys

I am looking for a set of original clutch plates (the metal ones) for my RD. If anyone has a set for sale, please let me know. I had a set with me, but 3 of the plates have rust on them. :(

Also require a front sprocket.

Thanks!
Old 5th July 2013, 21:07   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
Hi Guys

I am looking for a set of original clutch plates (the metal ones) for my RD. If anyone has a set for sale, please let me know. I had a set with me, but 3 of the plates have rust on them. :(

Also require a front sprocket.

Thanks!
Sorry, cannot edit the post now. Ordered everything from Yambits. Now the wait begins.
Old 6th July 2013, 10:29   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, cannot edit the post now. Ordered everything from Yambits. Now the wait begins.
Cool, wanted to PM you on the same. Did some purchases from Yambits and they are pretty good. Bang on with their delivery dates but you will have to overcome the customs in between. How is the restoration going on? Long time since i caught up with you?
Morrow there is the monthly RD meet in Airlines do PM me offline so that I can share more details if you are interested in making it
Old 11th July 2013, 17:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys

Stuck again. If anyone is using the original Koito headlight beam and bulb holder, please let me know which substitute bulb you are using with it / or where to source an original. I am unable to source one!

Thanks
Viju
Old 11th July 2013, 19:48   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys

Stuck again. If anyone is using the original Koito headlight beam and bulb holder, please let me know which substitute bulb you are using with it / or where to source an original. I am unable to source one!

Thanks
Viju
Dear Viju,
Please use the Original RX 100 Holder & Bulb that comes alongside with it. That should be a direct fit with a slight play which can be ignored. Let me know if you would need any help.
12V35/35 Watt bulb will be the standard fitting.
Old 11th July 2013, 20:00   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post

Dear Viju,
Please use the Original RX 100 Holder & Bulb that comes alongside with it. That should be a direct fit with a slight play which can be ignored. Let me know if you would need any help.
12V35/35 Watt bulb will be the standard fitting.
Hi Mahesh

I know that the RX100 holder and suitable bulbs can be used. In fact that is what I am using right now. Just because I was gifted an original bulb holder for my Koito beam, I wanted to know if there was some way I could use it.

Oh, and one more question. My bike is running on points. I have the option of putting in used-but-working OE coils, but have been told that they are not reliable / don't last for long. Heard that the Bajaj RE coils are a worthy replacement.

I know you are on CDI now, but if you have some info, do let me know. Thanks!
Old 12th July 2013, 11:19   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know you are on CDI now, but if you have some info, do let me know. Thanks!
Viju,
From my experience, back in 98 when I first bought my bike it did come with the Bajaj Scooter Ignition Coils (Bottle Shaped). I was lucky enough to find a pair of original Ignition Coils in good condition. Check with Ruby Electricals for their functionality and found them to meet the specifications.
Went ahead and installed them on the bike. Did not give me any challenges.

But why would you want to put the Bajaj RE Stuff? Am sure you can source one set from the states/UK. Look hard in the place where you are in currently and am sure you will get it.

All the best.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2013, 10:18   #24
BHPian

RD350 parts in Pune/Mumbai

Hi, Any recommendations for shops or dealers that stock RD350 parts in Pune (or even Mumbai)? I'm after a clutch bell (+ its primary gear). Possibly a set of cylinders too.
Old 15th September 2013, 21:27   #25
BHPian

RD 350 spares in Dubai

Bought a 85 model RD 350 LT. It has always been a childhood dream to own one. Am going to Dubai next month. I am told the RD shares many parts with the Banshee ATV. Since I am paranoid about spares for the rd getting depleted, plan to pick a few things from There. Do let me know which are the parts I can pick up from there or can I?

Also have any fellow rd owners in Trivandrum give their bikes to mechanic Saji of nanthancode ? am told he is very good.
Old 10th September 2014, 16:27   #26
BHPian

Re: Spare parts for the Yamaha RD350?

Need a Throttle cable, Any pointers on available makes (indian?) / price info is greatly apprecaited, thanks in advance..
Old 15th May 2017, 10:28   #27
BHPian

I am looking for front and rear wheel hub and sprocket. I would appreciate any info.

Thanks,
Krish

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks