Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2011, 03:39   #1
BHPian

Where to buy genuine spare parts for the Yamaha RD350?

Hello, where is the best place to get some genuine spares for the 350, possibly around Delhi as I will be
there in the next month or anywhere else in India where I can get a lot of spares. Thank you
Old 9th November 2011, 09:24   #2
BHPian

re: Yamaha RD350 - Genuine Spares in Delhi?

Karol Bagh should be a good bet, that place has a lot of shops dealing with motorcycle parts, accessories, after market mods etc
Old 9th November 2011, 09:44   #3
Senior - BHPian

What exactly are you looking at ? And don't say " I am rebuilding my entire bike " . Because if thats the case there is no one place where you ll get everything you want .
Old 9th November 2011, 09:51   #4
BHPian

+1 ^^ What exactly do you need? For example TKR Pistons are easily available in Bangalore, while speedometer-meter sets are available in Coimbatore...so on and so forth
Old 9th November 2011, 10:57   #5
Senior - BHPian

Karol Bagh is your best bet to start your search for the RD350. You'll find most things that you need, over there. If you get stuck on something, you'll also find alternatives and solutions there. By the way, which one: HT or LT?
Old 9th November 2011, 16:44   #6
Team-BHP Support

Re: Yamaha RD350 - Genuine Spares in Delhi?

Two threads you might want to look through :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...100-rd350.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...-rd-350-a.html

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2011, 16:57   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sem80-88 View Post
Hello, where is the best place to get some genuine spares for the 350, possibly around Delhi as I will be
there in the next month or anywhere else in India where I can get a lot of spares. Thank you
To be honest its quite a herculean task to get the original spares in India. There have been loads of rumors always stating that some spares are still available and in original packing. A bit of common sense approach, vehicle was last stopped in 1989 and till 1993 it was available on demand. These figures mean a good 20 years ago. After having dabbled with RD from 1999 would say that you will get spares which are not original but still are functional. They might not be of the best quality but will last you atleast 50% of what an original's life would be.

PS: Have seen that you have mentioned your residence is in London, suggest you to look around in Northern England and you should be able to lay your hands on some spares there.
Old 9th November 2011, 16:57   #8
BANNED

Why don't try to procure spares from UK itself there are few on line shops which sells original Yamaha and after market which are far better than Indian Karol Bagh "Woriginals".
Buy it from ebay US, economycycle.com, motocarrera.com, hvccycle.com etc costly but worth spending.
Why i am telling all this?I have burnt my hands dealing with Delhi cheats so dont even think of Delhi if you really keen on fast and powerful RD.And I have three of them.
Let me know if you need any help in procuring any specific spare, everything is available but at cost.
Old 9th November 2011, 17:09   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
motocarrera.com,
Ajay, Motocarrera.com has closed/downed shutters. Ebay not quite sure how well it works considering the many debacles...
Old 9th November 2011, 18:10   #10
Senior - BHPian

Since you are in UK you can source stuff like fork oil seals some bearings etc from pyramid parts UK, there may be others also. I am buying some stuff from hvccycle.com, they seem to have some replica parts of rarely available stuff as well.

Prepare an item list of what you want and trawl the net, you will find it somewhere.
Old 9th November 2011, 18:26   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Buy it from ebay US, economycycle.com, motocarrera.com, hvccycle.com etc costly but worth spending.
Big thumbs up to John at Economy Cycle. Bought many parts from him, very pleasant guy to deal with.

Yes, parts are expensive in the USA. However its quality parts that don't go bad every 2 months, then get new parts and spend lot more on labour. Bike will be un-rideable all the time and just causes more mental agony
Old 9th November 2011, 19:23   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Big thumbs up to John at Economy Cycle. Bought many parts from him, very pleasant guy to deal with.
Sunny,
Hope you would not mind sharing the details or contact for John?
Old 10th November 2011, 02:14   #13
BHPian

Thank you guys for all the information. Will see what is available here. I have got the option to buy a 1975 RD350B. Which is lying at a farmers shed here. It needs clocks,gear shift lever,indicators,new seat, mainly cosmetic.
Old 11th November 2011, 12:43   #14
Senior - BHPian

Re: Where to buy genuine spare parts for the Yamaha RD350?

Quote:
Thank you guys for all the information. Will see what is available here. I have got the option to buy a 1975 RD350B. Which is lying at a farmers shed here. It needs clocks,gear shift lever,indicators,new seat, mainly cosmetic.
Trust me you will get all the required spares in UK, the search will be even more easier if you manage to become a member of the rd group in UK. Was able to source a majority of my spares in terms of oil seals/switches/rebuild kits/levers from UK. Do let me know if you need any further details around in UK
Old 11th November 2011, 15:02   #15
BHPian

Re: Where to buy genuine spare parts for the Yamaha RD350?

Quote:
Hi mate, I am in UK and like others mentioned u can get almost all the spared needed here. Do PM me your number and will give you a call next week and can help you with whatever I can do.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks