Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2011, 01:33   #16

Re: The Three Musketeers conquering South India!

^^ Thanks everyone for the lovely words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
Awesome thread. Hats off to you guys. Very very professional.

Not only is it interesting, it also covers most aspects of safety measures to be followed while considering such feats on the highway. It is good to know that you could find like-minded people to do this in groups. I guess it would have been very difficult in solo. Plus, family members would breath easier knowing that you are not solo.
thank you. yes, i've pretty much included all the safety measures which came to our minds. we are indeed lucky to have each other during this ordeal and i won't find two better people than ram and harsha! you're hit the nail on the head regarding the solo part because at most stretches (barring the bangalore-hosur) we felt we were in the middle of nowhere and god forbid if anything unfortunate were to happen then we'd be stranded. even worse if one does this solo as it might take few hours for anyone to even notice a crashed bike or an injured person (at night primarily, which we had to deal with twice)! family is family so even if they breathe little easier knowing its a group ride, they were scared no end and they've done everything possible to stop us from riding (perfectly understandable)
therealabs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2011, 13:47   #17
Senior - BHPian

Awesome log, guys! Makes me wanna get out, grab a bike and hit the open road!

Congratulations, the Saddle Sore is no easy feat!
Old 12th December 2011, 13:54   #18
Senior - BHPian

Salute to all three for courageous attempt. Congratulations for BB1600 & BB2500 and all the best for SS2000. Your unpretentious future attempt would definitely get you SS2000.
What was the problem with overheating of one of Ninje?

Shubhendra
Old 12th December 2011, 16:07   #19
Senior - BHPian

Wow, gotta really appreciate your efforts, guys! Amazing!

So even these "bullet-proof" bikes do give issues on a long, continous ride. Makes me think anew.
Old 12th December 2011, 18:29   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealabs View Post
^^ Thanks everyone for the lovely words!

thank you. yes, i've pretty much included all the safety measures which came to our minds. we are indeed lucky to have each other during this ordeal and i won't find two better people than ram and harsha! you're hit the nail on the head regarding the solo part because at most stretches (barring the bangalore-hosur) we felt we were in the middle of nowhere and god forbid if anything unfortunate were to happen then we'd be stranded. even worse if one does this solo as it might take few hours for anyone to even notice a crashed bike or an injured person (at night primarily, which we had to deal with twice)! family is family so even if they breathe little easier knowing its a group ride, they were scared no end and they've done everything possible to stop us from riding (perfectly understandable)
I understand your family's stand. If they read your thread (overheating, exhaust falling off, jumping over speed breakers at high speeds, the chance of pushing the bike to the next petrol station), they will be even more scared to let you go next time
Old 12th December 2011, 20:21   #21
BHPian

Brilliant stuff! Logs like these inspire me to just get on my bike and try out an SS1600 at least. Hats off, 2500 kms is a daunting ride, and you've truly earned everyone's respect here!
Old 12th December 2011, 20:51   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
Salute to all three for courageous attempt. Congratulations for BB1600 & BB2500 and all the best for SS2000. Your unpretentious future attempt would definitely get you SS2000.
What was the problem with overheating of one of Ninje?

Shubhendra
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Wow, gotta really appreciate your efforts, guys! Amazing!

So even these "bullet-proof" bikes do give issues on a long, continous ride. Makes me think anew.
my ninja showed couple of temperature anomalies (temperature neddle wouldn't come down even with the fan on sometimes) even before the ride hence i took it to the pbk but it was diagnosed as 'normal' and i took the extra step of doing a trial speed run and nothing abnormal showed up so i went ahead with the ride only to find out that the coolant wasn't being circulated to the radiator at all! my ninja is currently in the pbk and the problem is being looked at...once i know the exact reason, i'll share it over here as it might be helpful to other riders.

regarding harsha's ninja, the bolt was loose and it got lost during the ride! (the bolt was again not properly installed by the pbk technician in hyderabad prior to the ride)...harsha and myself need to learn more about bikes and DIY hence ram was a life saver for us during the ride

thanks for the kind words everyone
Old 12th December 2011, 22:44   #23
BHPian

Haha :-D I'm glad I could be of some help. Just imagine harsha riding his kwacker without the exhaust from namakkal to kanyakumari and back to hyderabad? Specially when the cops stopped us :-P Bunburner would have been history!!
Old 13th December 2011, 00:16   #24
Senior - BHPian

Great Trip & Kudos to the Trio for achieving this feat.

therealabs - Great style of narration. Thanks a bunch for sharing this with us
Old 16th December 2011, 14:45   #25
BHPian

Just one word - Respect !!

Not only is the entire narration amazing but the camaraderie that you guys have displayed is also praiseworthy. Hearty Congratulations

Any plans for achieving the SS2000 ?
Old 16th December 2011, 18:54   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post

Not only is the entire narration amazing but the camaraderie that you guys have displayed is also praiseworthy. Hearty Congratulations

Thank you.

I have SS2000 in mind too
Old 16th December 2011, 18:59   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Great Trip & Kudos to the Trio for achieving this feat.

therealabs - Great style of narration. Thanks a bunch for sharing this with us
thank you! it did take a while to write this up so it feels great when the efforts are appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post

thank you man! yes, we are a very tight bunch and even tighter post the record ride

ss2000? nope no plans as of now! its tough with bangalore in the way (crossing it once is enough but twice would be pushing it), in fact all three of us agreed on route B (krishangiri-vellore-chennai-vijayawada) if we were pressed for time to complete the ss2000 but as fate has it, i had to bail out early and Ram and Harsha lost a lot of time even before the 18hr mark! ss2000 is still a dream and if i'm correct theres only ever been one person in india who's done it successfully!
Old 19th December 2011, 13:00   #28
BHPian

Finally got hold of this thread. Congrats is such a small word for this. And loved the way it's penned down: no nonsense narration for a no nonsense endurance ride. Kudos Abs.

Ram, when is the SS2000K coming up?
Old 20th December 2011, 08:46   #29
BHPian

Awesome...congrats for the great feat.
Old 20th December 2011, 11:33   #30
BHPian

Wow!! What an amazing achievement & an equally detailed & gripping narrative.

Am sure this will inspire many more towards such feats. Thanks for the details on preps & small things to keep in mind.

All the best for SS 2000K. I am sure you guys will have a go at it & nail it down as well

Most Viewed