Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2011, 21:05   #31
BHPian

Re: The Three Musketeers conquering South India!

Amazing feat... and what a write-up, thoroughly enjoyed it. Doing an SS/BB on the great Indian Highway is definitively a greater challenge always...and surely one must not forget your planning, which is winning half the battle.Kudos to the three musketeers
Old 21st December 2011, 14:57   #32
BHPian

Good write up! Also, I guess doing an SS or a BB with some your closest mates is the best thing possible.

There seems to be a lot of blame on Bangalore's traffic, which I felt could have been toned down a bit. No offence, just that we deal with it everyday and I guess every big city faces such issues (read Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata).

That apart, brilliant feat you lot! We were also planning to do something on these lines although never given it a serious thought.

Could you give us pointers on how much of the ride is down to the bike? What is the level of fitness required and most importantly, how to convince your folks?
Old 21st December 2011, 17:18   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithpd
Amazing feat... and what a write-up, thoroughly enjoyed it. Doing an SS/BB on the great Indian Highway is definitively a greater challenge always...and surely one must not forget your planning, which is winning half the battle.Kudos to the three musketeers
Thanks you. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejus.s
Good write up! Also, I guess doing an SS or a BB with some your closest mates is the best thing possible.

There seems to be a lot of blame on Bangalore's traffic, which I felt could have been toned down a bit. No offence, just that we deal with it everyday and I guess every big city faces such issues (read Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata).

That apart, brilliant feat you lot! We were also planning to do something on these lines although never given it a serious thought.

Could you give us pointers on how much of the ride is down to the bike? What is the level of fitness required and most importantly, how to convince your folks?
Thank you.

The problem with bangalore is that the traffic is not a moving traffic. Every single time I go to bangalore, I get stuck an traffic moves like a snail, and negotiating that kind of a traffic during peak hours while on an endurance run is a big task. Thats something we wanted to point out.

Talking about convincing your folks, thats something which is not easy at all in most of the cases. in my case it wasn't a bug deal at all. My family always supported me when I tell them that I'm going on a ride. All they said before the ride is to be fit, plan well in advance and go with the right company. God forbid even if something happens on the run, My friends were just a phone call away.
Old 22nd December 2011, 16:24   #34
Senior - BHPian

You three are crazy musketeers! Feel proud of you guys for achieving these feats. I cannot even think about attempting any of these Congratulations!

Thanks for sharing the pics and the travelogue with us.
Old 24th December 2011, 01:02   #35
BHPian

Congratulations! Excellent write up. Interesting way of narration. Your persistence in spite of problems during the ride is commendable. You deserved to succeed.
Old 24th December 2011, 15:47   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejus.s View Post

Thank you!

There's traffic in pretty much all the cities in India. Hyderabad has no traffic sense whatsoever whereas in Bangalore there is some order to it but where i found it extremely difficult is the fact that pretty much all of the city is under construction all the time and very few directional signs to assist newbies.

The bike does play a major part, the 250cc's have certainly made it much easier for us because they're quite capable of doing 130kmph for hours on end as opposed to a 150cc bike which is more likely to get stressed (having said that, some have done these feats on a 150cc). Regarding fitness levels, one doesn't need to do any exercise routines prior to these rides except for the sleep synchronisation! It varies greatly between different individuals but if you think you're not physically fit enough then you should certainly improve the fitness but IMO mental fitness plays a much bigger part. Harsha and myself didnt need to convince as our families were kept in the dark but then again it depends entirely on how the parents MIGHT react.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highway_star View Post
Congratulations! Excellent write up. Interesting way of narration. Your persistence in spite of problems during the ride is commendable. You deserved to succeed.
Thank you!
Old 25th December 2011, 11:09   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealabs

Thank you!

There's traffic in pretty much all the cities in India. Hyderabad has no traffic sense whatsoever whereas in Bangalore there is some order to it but where i found it extremely difficult is the fact that pretty much all of the city is under construction all the time and very few directional signs to assist newbies.

The bike does play a major part, the 250cc's have certainly made it much easier for us because they're quite capable of doing 130kmph for hours on end as opposed to a 150cc bike which is more likely to get stressed (having said that, some have done these feats on a 150cc). Regarding fitness levels, one doesn't need to do any exercise routines prior to these rides except for the sleep synchronisation! It varies greatly between different individuals but if you think you're not physically fit enough then you should certainly improve the fitness but IMO mental fitness plays a much bigger part. Harsha and myself didnt need to convince as our families were kept in the dark but then again it depends entirely on how the parents MIGHT react.

Thank you!
Ya I agree with you on the construction chaos here! Even us localities find it hard at times.

Anyway, we don't have 250s at the moment. Got to make to do with my ZMA, R15 and a couple of 150s.

Thanks for your detailed replies. We'll come up with more queries once we start thinking more seriously about it
Old 7th January 2012, 02:33   #38
BHPian

You guys are a true inspiration have a true biking spirit. Congratulations on your achievement guys and keep it up. Cheers!
Old 16th January 2012, 19:10   #39
BHPian

Received a mail from IBA that the ride has been approved and they will be sending a certificate along with a mag and badges to me.

Harsha and Abs are yet to receive an email confirmation from IBA.

As per their calculations, We have done 2556 KMs under 36 hours and qualified for the India bun-burner 1500 challenge.
Old 17th January 2012, 13:33   #40

I am yet to send my documentation! But I think I'll be sending it ASAP (ram convinced me I guess)
Old 14th February 2012, 21:32   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealabs View Post

First point of contact was the legendary biker from AP named Vinu S.V. aka MadMax (more on this great guy towards the end of the story). He is the benchmark for us. They had multiple talks with him about the SS1600.
Team,

Today is a sad day as Vinu SV has bid farewell to this world and now rests in peace. He was doing a Bun Burner, hit a Median near Sulurpet (Chennai Border, Near Pulicat) - he was hospitalised for the last few days. May his soul rest in peace.
Old 14th February 2012, 21:35   #42

yes he was attempting the Bun Burner Gold (2500km in 24hours) and as fate has it, he's not with us but my prayers are with his family and loved ones :'(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks