Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What you guys suggest?
Classic500, wont be completly satisfied but its okas it is a practical bike... 9 50.00%
Phoren bike anyday, though maintaining may be a issue but its far relaible then an RE 9 50.00%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2011, 10:30   #16
BHPian

Re: C500 or a used Import

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Other then the Yezdi and Bullet which are multicylinder i have not driven anything.
Yezdi & Bullets are NOT multicylinder bikes, unless you are referring to the Yezdi 350 or the RE Interceptor twin, which I presume you are not.
The only multi cylinder bikes produced in India in the past (note, am not mentioning the latest offerings) were the Yamaha/Rajdooth RD 350 and the Jawa/Yezdi 350 twin.

Last edited by GTO : 9th December 2011 at 16:00. Reason: Fixing quote
aadithsince1980 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2011, 11:07   #17
BHPian

Ajay, the belgaum bike has been sold as far as we know! Lohith contacted the owner last week! The other 96 model in Pune has a very high asking price!

OT: I always recommend a honda for ease of use and repair + availability of spares. Ive seen friends who own Ducati, kawasaki and suzukis search high and low for some parts! A friends official monster was dropped within a month of purchase and finally after nearly a year of not getting any support from the company/dealer, he brought down the parts from abroad and fixed the bike himself! Kawa guy was searching for a RR unit for his 10r and found one with a lotta difficulty!

Also, im kinda curious to know why your friend changed over 19 RD's?

Last edited by james : 9th December 2011 at 11:09.
Old 9th December 2011, 11:51   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadithsince1980 View Post
Yezdi & Bullets are NOT multicylinder bikes, unless you are referring to the Yezdi 350 or the RE Interceptor twin (note, am not mentioning the latest offerings) were the Yamaha/Rajdooth RD 350 and the Jawa/Yezdi 350 twin.
You are absolutely right, thanks for pointing it out. Yes the bike Yezdi i rode was single cylinder bike but twin exhaust (Which i confused with cylinder). Although i have driven a Rajdoot as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
OT: I always recommend a honda for ease of use and repair + availability of spares.
So would you recommend a Honda over a Suzuki Busa. Is Suzuki bad in terms of parts availability? I liked the CBR 250R but would like to drive one with higher engine capacity.
Old 9th December 2011, 12:06   #19
Senior - BHPian

mayank i will strongly suggest N650, nothing like brand new if you have the budget.

biggest draw back with the used vehicles is you never know how they have been used and by looking or riding for few kms you wont know the condition, if it throws up surprises later then it wont be easy...

this is a reason am holding on...

Quote:
You are absolutely right, thanks for pointing it out. Yes the bike Yezdi i rode was single cylinder bike but twin exhaust (Which i confused with cylinder). Although i have driven a Rajdoot as well.

So would you recommend a Honda over a Suzuki Busa. Is Suzuki bad in terms of parts availability? I liked the CBR 250R but would like to drive one with higher engine capacity.
Old 9th December 2011, 12:07   #20
BHPian

Quote:
I wouldnt be the best person to answer this as im quite biased towards honda. I have nothing against the other companies but from whatever little ive seen and heard, they are the easiest to maintain especially the older hondas(900/919/929/954/XX/Hornets etc).
Old 9th December 2011, 12:29   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
mayank i will strongly suggest N650, nothing like brand new if you have the budget.
Looked at Hyosung GT650N, did not liked it much (from what i saw on the internet), also looking at Kawasaki Ninja 650 and liked it more then the Hyosung (Both cost ~4L in Bangalore). Might visit the Bajaj Probiking dealer on 100 feet road Indiranagar.

Is there a Hyosung dealer in bangalore, anyone? Did not find one.
Old 10th December 2011, 08:49   #22
Team-BHP Support

@Mayank - Before you smirk at the low capacity of the CBR-250R, would suggest you to shift the first 3 gears at 10,000 rpm on the CBR and then let us know as to how you feel.
Old 12th January 2012, 12:43   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
@Mayank - Before you smirk at the low capacity of the CBR-250R, would suggest you to shift the first 3 gears at 10,000 rpm on the CBR and then let us know as to how you feel.
+1 to that.

I used to ride a friend's CBR 250 which had a 4 cylinder engine. The redline was at 18k and boy what power viz-a-viz its CC.

Absolutely amazing!
Old 12th January 2012, 15:11   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
+1 to that.

I used to ride a friend's CBR 250 which had a 4 cylinder engine. The redline was at 18k and boy what power viz-a-viz its CC.

Absolutely amazing!
I guess he wants to have more 'head room' wrt to torque power without having to strain.

And dont N650 have a long waiting period?
Old 13th January 2012, 22:03   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
+1 to that.

Absolutely amazing!
@Mile cruncher - The Indian CBR 250R is much more docile than what you rode. Yours was an RR. This is a single cyl. 250cc conventional Motorcycle, still...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
I guess he wants to have more 'head room' wrt to torque power without having to strain.

And dont N650 have a long waiting period?
For torque any 2 cyl bike is much able than 4 cyl ones. The 'busa has quite a lot in reserve, but then it costs a bomb (relative to 650R) and can put you in trouble a lot faster than you can imagine.

There are many sweet bikes coming up to us & even in west, save for track-days & autobahn usage, most prefer 600-800cc Motorcycles. Fuel, tires, insurance being the biggest culprit.

Though if someone wants something badly, one should go for it, you can't reason it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks