Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2011, 09:26   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda CBR 250R and parts issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmeetsingh View Post
dealer in Raipur has not been able to get it since 5 months from when i am reporting the problem.
Jasmeet, are you not riding for last 5 months? Or have you left the bike at ASC with a JC? Or have you opened a JC & the dealer let you go with the bike? Can you elaborate on your issue pls?

And, if I'm not wrong, you should be having a bike from one of the initial batches. If that were the case, did you get any replacement kit that is being distributed now?
Old 14th December 2011, 20:00   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Jasmeet, are you not riding for last 5 months? Or have you left the bike at ASC with a JC? Or have you opened a JC & the dealer let you go with the bike? Can you elaborate on your issue pls?

And, if I'm not wrong, you should be having a bike from one of the initial batches. If that were the case, did you get any replacement kit that is being distributed now?
Yes i have the first bike delivered in Chhattisgarh, i am riding continuously and the problem is that my bike gives smoke only when colds start is performed, after it reaches working temperature it is back to normal no issues with performance what so ever, it just keeps consuming engine oil. But i have not been called for the replacement kit. Also i have mailed Honda customer care more than enough times but no response. The showroom still does not have the parts.
Old 14th December 2011, 20:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
OT - Sorry to hear about your accident. Would you mind taking off your signature while you are out dealing with your issues
ROFL!

Yeah getting better but the month end ride is surely off. Will have to see if I can convince the manager to give me leave sometime next year 1st quarter.
Old 14th December 2011, 21:15   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes i have...still does not have the parts.
I find this hard to believe!!! My entire engine block was replaced & delivered less than a week; the longest I waited for is a chain sprocket for 45+ days; the recent fairings, tank (haven't replace though), fenner, headlamps were available off the shelf;

I strongly suspect the issue with your dealer; may be they haven't placed order OR...they sell less or something between HMSI & your dealer.
Old 14th December 2011, 22:44   #20
BHPian

Quote:
I find this hard to believe!!! My entire engine block was replaced & delivered less than a week; the longest I waited for is a chain sprocket for 45+ days; the recent fairings, tank (haven't replace though), fenner, headlamps were available off the shelf;

I strongly suspect the issue with your dealer; may be they haven't placed order OR...they sell less or something between HMSI & your dealer.
My bike had a fall while parked outside my house and the mirror and the front brake lever had broken even those things are not available. Also the showroom people had ordered for the piston, ring set, Valve set, guide and oil seals but only piston has been delivered. If you have the phone number of any concerned person from the company please pm me.
Old 15th December 2011, 00:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
mirror and the front brake lever
Those 2 parts + radiator are a scarce resource through the country

Quote:
Also the showroom people had ordered for the piston, ring set, Valve set, guide and oil seals but only piston has been delivered
Why? Why not change the entire cylinder + piston kit? IMO, larger components are available quickly rather than their individual components as such

Quote:
If you have the phone number of any concerned person from the company please pm me.
No I don't sorry.

Last edited by aargee : 15th December 2011 at 00:02.
Old 19th December 2011, 21:33   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Those 2 parts + radiator are a scarce resource through the country
You bet! It's been more than 100 days and I'm still waiting for the radiator.
Old 19th December 2011, 23:23   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseller View Post
You bet! It's been more than 100 days and I'm still waiting for the radiator.
Wow, that does indeed sound scary. But I have a feeling that we will be getting it soon. Fingers crossed!
Old 20th December 2011, 11:13   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Wow, that does indeed sound scary. But I have a feeling that we will be getting it soon. Fingers crossed!
DS & Naveen - Fellow member of our forum (aks_karthik) inquired at Manasarovar Honda & it seems they've promised a radiator in a week's time.

Point is that, may be you guys should pretend as a potential C250R customer at a different dealership & inquire about radiator to hear their promises if they're true & ask for the part next day to see if they keep up their words.

What say?
Old 20th December 2011, 12:26   #25
BHPian

Quote:
DS & Naveen - Fellow member of our forum (aks_karthik) inquired at Manasarovar Honda & it seems they've promised a radiator in a week's time.

Point is that, may be you guys should pretend as a potential C250R customer at a different dealership & inquire about radiator to hear their promises if they're true & ask for the part next day to see if they keep up their words.

What say?
I seriously don't mind that. I have tried out all the hooks to get my parts and you know that.. Now I need to try out the proverbial crook!
Old 20th December 2011, 13:41   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

What say?
Yes, I have done that in my hometown in TN and they also say that they can get me a radiator in 10 days time. Hmm hmm...
Old 20th December 2011, 15:11   #27
Senior - BHPian

DS & Naveen - You've asked is fine, but next day, did you take your bike to the showroom & ask for it? That's what you guys should be ideally doing.
Old 4th January 2012, 17:47   #28
Senior - BHPian

Ok, its been more than a month since the accident and am still waiting for the dealer to receive the radiator and other parts for my bike. Quite frustrating to say the least. I am in touch with atleast 2 parts managers from 2 dealers and they have ordered for it but still not confirmed dates.

Well, they say the CBR600F is next in line to be released but cannot understand how we can look forward to this release when Honda cannot even manage the parts issues for the CBR 250R!!
Old 5th January 2012, 23:27   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Ok, its been more than a month since the accident and am still waiting for the dealer to receive the radiator and other parts for my bike. Quite frustrating to say the least. I am in touch with atleast 2 parts managers from 2 dealers and they have ordered for it but still not confirmed dates.

Well, they say the CBR600F is next in line to be released but cannot understand how we can look forward to this release when Honda cannot even manage the parts issues for the CBR 250R!!
Hang in on there Naveen. It won't be long before they receive the parts and fix your babe. Its high time Honda looked into their spares issue. CBR now is not a rare sight on the roads, meaning Honda have sold enough of them to get all the spares in full quantities.
bluenicotine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 16:49   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenicotine View Post
Hang in on there Naveen. It won't be long before they receive the parts and fix your babe. Its high time Honda looked into their spares issue. CBR now is not a rare sight on the roads, meaning Honda have sold enough of them to get all the spares in full quantities.
Hanging in there. But getting frustrated though. Its bugging to have to call the parts guys every other day and they talk to you like they're doing you a favour!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks