Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2012, 21:03   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield TBTS 500 unveiled EDIT Now Launched

What about the reliability of new Enfields. I have been thinking of buying one but scared of multiple service centre visits.
Old 18th December 2012, 22:22   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
What about the reliability of new Enfields. I have been thinking of buying one but scared of multiple service centre visits.
I was in the same boat as you. But went ahead and took the plunge. Its not that scary afterall.

You just need to realise that when you are at a Doc's office you mostly get to see only people who are sick and ailing needing cure not prevention. Same with most RE forums. The happy ones hardly go online and document their experiences.

If your passionate about owning an RE just go ahead and buy it. Too much of deliberation would lead you nowhere!! Good luck
Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2012, 04:19   #258
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan2129 View Post
I didn't know this before, but UCE engine has hydrollic tappets. Starting a Cold engine sounds somewhat like beating a empty vessel with a metal stick ( though just for a few seconds )
If your oil pump is working properly, and the gerotor style pump seldom fails, you are not hearing the hydraulic valve lifters on start up.

The automatic compression release which is operating is the source of the noise.
This is most commonly heard when the weather is cool and your oil is thick.
The thick oil sometimes causes the auto compression release to fail to retract when the engine starts.
Slightly increasing the engine speed will retract the comp. release and the noise will vanish.
When it does, you can let the engine return to its warmup idle.

Last edited by ArizonaJim : 19th December 2012 at 04:21.
ArizonaJim is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2012, 22:28   #259
BHPian

@ArizonaJim : Thanks. Very helpful information. Yeah, I am sure you are correct. The sad part is that RE brand store people don't know anything about this. They simply say ignore this kind of query.
Old 22nd December 2012, 08:37   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I Got the delivery of my TBTS 500 in Twilight colour on 10th Dec ( though I booked Stone - The matte black one ), after about a month of wait. No doubt, TBTS 500 rides like a charm though I am not so happy with some tiny details that RE should have worked on.

The very first being :
1. a little tilted tail section ( yes, it's with every TBTS )
2. My rear tyre constantly generates a sound. something like a old door creaking.
3. Rear Disk brake is just weird non-existent ( the """ RE Engineer""" says "" TBTS has ABS). I had no answer to this. lol
4. There is no fourth.

I used to own a STD CI 350 & as much as I loved the thump, I am enjoying the endless power TBTS generates.

Will be writing a full review with pics soon.
Congrats on your bull. Don't take the technicians word for the rear Disc brake. When I got my bike I it too was not working. I realised it after some time as I primarily use the front brake and engine braking. Got the problem rectified in first service. I don't say that it is a zapper now but it is working.
Old 22nd December 2012, 09:01   #261
BHPian

Quote:
I Got the delivery of my TBTS 500 in Twilight colour on 10th Dec.
Shan2129 could you please let us know how many bikes were ready for delivery along with yours. Wanted to estimate the rate of delivery. Thanks in advance
Old 23rd December 2012, 19:05   #262
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield TBTS 500 Unveiled. EDIT: Now Launched !!!

@rajneesh : Yeah, I am going to do that. I have already made a list of problems with the bike & it seems like a long one :(

@adnaps: Mine was the only one ready for delivery. The estimated delivery period for 500CC TB is nearly 8 months here in Uttarakhand and 5 months for the 350CC
shan2129 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2012, 19:46   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
I was in the same boat as you. But went ahead and took the plunge. Its not that scary afterall.

You just need to realise that when you are at a Doc's office you mostly get to see only people who are sick and ailing needing cure not prevention. Same with most RE forums. The happy ones hardly go online and document their experiences.

If your passionate about owning an RE just go ahead and buy it. Too much of deliberation would lead you nowhere!! Good luck
Exactly what i have in my mind. Those who have good experience never share and basically you get to see people with bad experience only on the forums. This was the same when i got my Manza, the general opinion was don't get a Tata car because of the constant niggles which isn't actually true.

@ Buffetfan- So go ahead if your heart says "Yes" by not giving much interest to the mind's talk.

Last edited by rki2007 : 23rd December 2012 at 19:48.
Old 28th December 2012, 15:45   #264
BHPian

Booked my bird. waiting to get my hands on it. Delivery is expected by March.
Old 4th January 2013, 19:13   #265
BHPian

Hey Everyone !

I have changed my rear tyre on TB500 to a Pirelli Sports Demon 120-80. I checked the Pirelli website and it does not offer any 19" front tyres. Can anybody suggest me a good 100-90-19" or any other 100 - 19" front tyre ?
The stock 90-90-19" looks very lean :(

Congrats Thamizha. Hope you get this beast soon
Old 5th January 2013, 14:34   #266
Senior - BHPian

Shan, Please do report on the performance of the Pirelli rubber. Have you als changed the stock rims??
Old 5th January 2013, 22:50   #267
BHPian

@rajneeesh : No, I haven't changed the stock rims. Pirelli seems a bit better than the stock MRF tyre. After the initial changes I made to rear disk brake, it was performing in a touch and go manner ( lot of bite ), so on a muddy / sandy surface TB was skidding a bit on braking & somehow after Pirelli skids went away.

Also the tread pattern looks awesome.
Old 5th February 2013, 17:28   #268
BHPian

I had called the jaynagar RE showroom today . I was told that the waiting period is 6-8 months for tbts 500 and 1 year for classic 350 and tbts 350. Man I can't understand , can anyone wait for a year to get a bike . I don't understand why this is happening , is it because of the demand or the inefficient production capacity of the manufacturer. I certainly don't think this should be because of demand .
Old 5th February 2013, 17:37   #269
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
I had called the jaynagar RE showroom today . I was told that the waiting period is 6-8 months for tbts 500 and 1 year for classic 350 and tbts 350.
Agree. The waiting period just seems to increase phenomenally year on year. One of the primary reason is the renewed interest in a lot of people for RE bikes ( even many youngsters are preferring it over the sports bikes) so i guess the demand is definetly high for RE bikes now

What is ridiculous is the wait period of TB500, they should have expected the demand and lined up production accordingly. 8 months is simply too much.

Following is the update for Classic 500 in Hyderabad

Classic Chrome Black 500cc is available for delivery in 30 days

Classic Chrome Maroon 500cc is available for delivery in 90 days

Last edited by mobike008 : 5th February 2013 at 17:39.
Old 10th February 2013, 13:29   #270
Senior - BHPian

I take these long waiting periods cited by the dealerships with a pinch of salt. It seems to be a ploy to convince the prospective buyers toa take what ever model/variant is available with the dealer. Very often the waiting period increases or decreases without any plausible reason. I have seen one dealer delievering a TB 350 the same day on 100% down payment saying that someone has cancelled his booking. If this was the case, the person next in line should ghave been moved up the list.
rajneeesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks