Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2013, 15:00   #271
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield TBTS 500 Unveiled. EDIT: Now Launched !!!

Well, How about this?

I was called on 30/01 to make the payment for my TB500. It was promptly done via DD on 01/02. Delivery was promised within 4-5 working days and now I'm still waiting for my bullet. RE Jayanagar seem to have some issues with cash allocation from Eicher Motors and hence the delay it seems.

You book and wait for few months and then wait for yet another few days/weeks after making the payment too. This is atrocious!
Old 10th February 2013, 19:08   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
Well, How about this?

I was called on 30/01 to make the payment for my TB500. It was promptly done via DD on 01/02. Delivery was promised within 4-5 working days and now I'm still waiting for my bullet. RE Jayanagar seem to have some issues with cash allocation from Eicher Motors and hence the delay it seems.

You book and wait for few months and then wait for yet another few days/weeks after making the payment too. This is atrocious!
I may be wrong on this, but what I have learnt is that the dealership sends in a request, well in advance, for what it percieves, will be the demand. This includes color, cc and model. They take into account the bookings that they have, and the trajectory of demand that they foresee. Depending upon how much cash they have, they can then deposit the cash and decide, on how many bikes they wish to order. In that sense, a dealer with deep pockets, usually is able to deliver bikes earlier, as he can deposit that much more cash with the manufacturer.
While, in your case it is late, what others can do is, to visit the showroom and ask the people taking delivery, as to when they had booked. Typically the dealer receives 1 lot every month and depending upon the depth of his pockets, the lot size of bikes may vary, and hence the waiting time may go up or down.
When the lot has just arrived, there is a flurry of activity at the dealership, as clients are being called and bikes are being readied. That would be the best time to meet would be owners and enquire about the waiting time, choice of color that they had ordered, versus the delivery color, etc.
Old 10th February 2013, 22:42   #273
BHPian

Hi all.. received mine this weekend (Flicker). A review on cards soon!
sam_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2013, 12:56   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_b View Post
Congrats Sam. Is it the 350 or the 500 that you've bought?
Looking forward to your review.
swami.n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2013, 14:20   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami.n View Post
Congrats Sam. Is it the 350 or the 500 that you've bought?
Thanks It's a TB500.
Old 13th February 2013, 08:02   #276
BHPian

Finally received my TBTS flicker 500 yesterday. Will post my review shortly.

Quote:
Congratulations Sam!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insearch View Post
I may be wrong on this, but what I have learnt is that the dealership sends in a request, well in advance, for what it percieves, will be the demand. This includes color, cc and model. They take into account the bookings that they have, and the trajectory of demand that they foresee. Depending upon how much cash they have, they can then deposit the cash and decide, on how many bikes they wish to order. In that sense, a dealer with deep pockets, usually is able to deliver bikes earlier, as he can deposit that much more cash with the manufacturer.
While, in your case it is late, what others can do is, to visit the showroom and ask the people taking delivery, as to when they had booked. Typically the dealer receives 1 lot every month and depending upon the depth of his pockets, the lot size of bikes may vary, and hence the waiting time may go up or down.
When the lot has just arrived, there is a flurry of activity at the dealership, as clients are being called and bikes are being readied. That would be the best time to meet would be owners and enquire about the waiting time, choice of color that they had ordered, versus the delivery color, etc.
In my case the delay seemed to have been due to several Temporary registrations in December which clogged their registration lot in January.I'm told that RE gives a fixed kitty of ~3L every month towards registration and tax payment. However this month,RE JayaNagar needed 6L to handle Dec TC and Jan deliveries. Hence so much delay!! Anyways, I've my bird now.
Old 13th February 2013, 18:06   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
Congratulations Sam!!
Anyways, I've my bird now.
Thanks! Congrats to you too
Old 31st March 2013, 10:14   #278
J.Ravi

I booked a Thunderbird 500 Twilight on 16 November 2012 at Royal Enfield Brand Store, Besant Nagar, Chennai with an advance payment ofName:  rupeesymbol.gif
Views: 1029
Size:  578 Bytes5,000 vide booking order # 9942 with a tentative delivery by March 2013. But, till today, I haven't got my Thunderbird even after 4.5 months. As per my latest telephone call, I was assured that I would get it by the first week of April 2013. Earlier, I was assured that I would get it by the third week of March, then, the fourth week of March and now, the first week of April 2013! Perhaps, even the gods and goddesses may not know when I would get my Thunderbird!

Old 31st March 2013, 18:04   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
I booked a Thunderbird 500 Twilight on 16 November 2012 at Royal Enfield Brand Store, Besant Nagar, Chennai with an advance payment ofAttachment 10676455,000 vide booking order # 9942 with a tentative delivery by March 2013. But, till today, I haven't got my Thunderbird even after 4.5 months. As per my latest telephone call, I was assured that I would get it by the first week of April 2013. Earlier, I was assured that I would get it by the third week of March, then, the fourth week of March and now, the first week of April 2013! Perhaps, even the gods and goddesses may not know when I would get my Thunderbird!
Ravi,

Pay a visit to the showroom and speak to the owner. Phone calls do not always get a response you would need as they are attended by some clerk/ phone operator who can at best parrot a few lines they have been taught. I got my T Bird within a month. There is no reason why you should wait so long.
rajneeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2013, 11:13   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
But, till today, I haven't got my Thunderbird even after 4.5 months. As per my latest telephone call, I was assured that I would get it by the first week of April 2013. Earlier, I was assured that I would get it by the third week of March, then, the fourth week of March and now, the first week of April 2013! Perhaps, even the gods and goddesses may not know when I would get my Thunderbird!
Dear Ravi,

If you do not get it by April first week, consider writing a mail to the customer care at RE asking for explanations. They'll at least respond and provide you with the contact details of the territory/area sales manager. I had to do the same, when i faced similar problems during delivery of my TB.
sam_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2013, 11:37   #281
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Pay a visit to the showroom and speak to the owner.
Quote:
If you do not get it by April first week, consider writing a mail to the customer care at RE asking for explanations.
Thanks a lot for kind suggestions, rajneeesh and sam_b. I raised the issue here hoping that somebody from RE would see it and sort it out. If I don't get a call from RE Brand Store, I will do as suggested.

Old 8th April 2013, 15:10   #282
BHPian

Some help requested for!

Hi guys,

Writing in for some much needed help. I am 34, salaried guy, planning to get into the world of RE, doing leisure biking on the weekends. I have never rode a bullet before, The key decision criteria for me this time around are: Stylish looks of the bike and comfort.

I am thoroughly confused over Tbird 500 and Classic Desert Storm/ electric Blue. They are all 500 Cc but I am unable to decide on which one ' looks' more stylish, more attractive. I guess it has to be between these three bikes. Can someone guide me on how to go about deciding? What parameters?

I have never driven a bullet, I am 5-7', and 70 kgs weight. people tell me controlling a heavy bike for a lean man is difficult. Please advise on this front too, anyone?

Most thankful to all for their inputs.

Cheers

Rahul
Old 8th April 2013, 20:31   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti.Rahul View Post
I have never driven a bullet, I am 5-7', and 70 kgs weight. people tell me controlling a heavy bike for a lean man is difficult. Please advise on this front too, anyone?

Most thankful to all for their inputs.

Cheers

Rahul
Hi Rahul. Though I still am waiting for my Thunderbird 500, I test drove one and my history with RE is same as yours. This would be my first RE and I also suffer from arthritis. I am 5 ft 10in almost and weigh 65 kg (used to be 100 kg once upon a time), I felt the bike handled superbly and didn't feel as if I was riding a heavy bike. So I suggest you to test ride a TBTS and decide.
Old 9th April 2013, 01:07   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

rahul:
I can't help you decide which one to get but I can say you needn't worry about what others think. Any of the models you mentioned will be appreciated by the others so you need to personally sit on each one and see how it feels to you.

The different seats width's and heights and position and shape of the handlebars do make a noticeable difference in how a motorcycle feels. Choose the one that fits you best. The flatter your feet can be on the ground, the better and your 5'-7" height may make this a factor in your choice.

As for a lean man of your size controlling any of the 500cc Royal Enfields there should be no real problem.
I am 5'-10" tall and weigh 68 kg and controlling my G5 (Electra) is absolutely no problem at all.

The Royal Enfield's handling is among the very best that I have ridden and that covers over 46 years of riding many different motorcycles.

Last edited by ArizonaJim : 9th April 2013 at 01:08.
Old 9th April 2013, 17:40   #285
BHPian

Re: Some help requested for!

Quote:
I am thoroughly confused over Tbird 500 and Classic Desert Storm/ electric Blue. They are all 500 Cc but I am unable to decide on which one ' looks' more stylish, more attractive. I guess it has to be between these three bikes. Can someone guide me on how to go about deciding? What parameters?
Dear Rahul,

Between the three, it will be purely by your personal comfort and convenience. They share the same engine but looks & style are more about individual perception. As Arizona Jim mentioned, see which 'fits' you the most when you sit on them. Buy the RE for yourself, not to show off (that comes as an added virtue).

Quote:
I ride the TB 500 and cant emphasis enough how comfortable it is, plus it handles very very well. (Im 5'8" and 72Kgs). Yet, i'll suggest take a TR of both the Classic and the TB to see which one can you handle well. The TB, in my opinion, with its lower seating, may feel a tad better as the feet can be planted on level ground with the bike absolutely vertical. Do this on both the machines and take a call.. and of course, do let us know
Best wishes for your purchase

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks