Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2006, 17:18   #31

Hi, I have bajaj pulsar 150 2002 model. have been facing problem with its acceleration & pickup. can anyone suggest me a gud mechanic in SOUTH DELHI towards faridabad. wud be a great help. have tried all the authorized mechanics and they have failed to resolve the problem in my bike.
Old 31st May 2011, 15:44   #32
BHPian

Re: Hey bike maniacs...PLS HELP ME OUT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post
@turbo_v12: well, a tuned length free-flow exhaust is used in four strokes, whereas expansion chambers are used in 2-strokes. in four strokes, the exhaust can be made slightly free-flowing by changing the internals of the exhaust end-can, and matching the header pipe and end can inner dia with the exhaust port. now, you can either change the end can completely, or do up your existing end can (what we call as mufflers in cars), but the key technique is to retain a certain amount of back pressure. free-flow exhausts in four strokes don't necessarily have to be "noisy"; only "bonga" silencers do that to the bikes. noise can be curbed to an extent by coating the inner pipe of the end can with wool/hitlon or other insulative materials, still retaining the flow direction.

that's as easy as i can put it; i'm sure a tuner can explain it in detail for you. the important thing to remember is that all those "noisy bonga-silencers" available in the aftermarket aren't exactly free-flows; they DO fry up your exhaust valves, and if left unnoticed, could cause fried piston rings too. tuned free-flows for four strokes usually have a single pipe with the same inner dia as the exhaust port, running the length of the entire "silencer", or less.

and how could you think that only two strokes use free-flow, turbo v12? don't you see car owners raving about automech free flows and the likes...?

Veyron, good piece of info.Would you be able to let me know where we can procure a good tuned FFE for pulsar 180?Any contacts?

Thanks
Old 3rd June 2011, 22:36   #33
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hey bike maniacs...PLS HELP ME OUT!!!

You dug up a 5 year old thread, bro...

Where are you located at? Search for Automech exhausts...they make customized exhausts for just about everyone...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks