Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2011, 17:43   #31
BHPian

Re: Castrol Bikezone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Any roadside mechanic can change engine oil. Just buy the oil you want and get it changed. Some shell pumps also do the oil changing for you.

The procedure is common from rx-100 to R-1. No doubt regarding this.
Old 1st July 2011, 10:04   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharanvenu View Post
I used to stay near HAL. There is a shell petrol bunk near that area. CV raman Nagar. They will get the oil changed for you free of cost.
There are two - three varieties of oil available in 'shell advance' range. I like it better than all engine oils.
Thanks Sharavenu, will check out at shell bunk itself. Guess you are saying of the bunk on Old Madras road near to Big bazaar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Any roadside mechanic can change engine oil. Just buy the oil you want and get it changed. Some shell pumps also do the oil changing for you.
Yes, procedure I know it is same for all bikes. Only thing, I have seen in owners manual that after oil change Torque wrench should be used and all that. So wasnt sure if road side mechanic or even shell people will be having it and also, if it was changed from them will the Honda service guys make out next time I go for service. In that case my warrenty may become void.
Old 1st July 2011, 19:59   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Thanks Sharavenu, will check out at shell bunk itself. Guess you are saying of the bunk on Old Madras road near to Big bazaar.

Yes, procedure I know it is same for all bikes. Only thing, I have seen in owners manual that after oil change Torque wrench should be used and all that. So wasnt sure if road side mechanic or even shell people will be having it and also, if it was changed from them will the Honda service guys make out next time I go for service. In that case my warrenty may become void.
Even the Honda service center rarely uses torque wrench. U'll be able to see it in a glass showcase, but no one cares to use it. So, you dont have to worry that way.

Old Madras road is where I used to fill shell.

By the way, I got 57kmpl mileage this time with shell in hyderabad. Thanks to all the fly overs and good roads.
Old 12th July 2011, 11:08   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharanvenu View Post
Even the Honda service center rarely uses torque wrench. U'll be able to see it in a glass showcase, but no one cares to use it. So, you dont have to worry that way.
Old Madras road is where I used to fill shell.
By the way, I got 57kmpl mileage this time with shell in hyderabad. Thanks to all the fly overs and good roads.
Sharavenu, finally got oil changed from shell bunk on Old Madras road yesterday evening. They were having only Shell advance AX3 though I was planning of getting AX5. Decided against waiting or searching anywhere else for now since its some one month I been running on standard honda approved oil. Opted for AX3, 219 rs per litre. Also filled up petrol from same bunk. They along with the customary Namasthe, ordinary or premium and all nowdays are asking 'Sir, engine oil change?' too.
Engine feels much smoother after the change. Thanks for your inputs.
Old 26th June 2023, 10:07   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Came back to Bangalore after a few months to find that the Bajaj service center that was conveniently near my place has shut. Was wondering whether to go to the next nearest authorized service center, but decided to give the nearby Castrol bike service center a try. Turns out, they have done a good job. Certainly as good a job as the Bajaj service center without all the unnecessary 'systems' you have to go through at an authorized service center. And at pretty much the same cost. Will be using these guys in the future.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks