Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2012, 11:57   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: 4 day old Enfield Thunderbird. Oil sump damaged. EDIT: RE returns the Money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailu View Post
....happy that they gave the money back.
Wow! Congrats. That's a pretty quick resolution to your problem. Looks like the legal notice did the trick.

Now, what's gonna replace the lost ride?
Old 26th March 2012, 12:28   #47
Senior - BHPian

re: 4 day old Enfield Thunderbird. Oil sump damaged. EDIT: RE returns the Money.

Quote:
Peace at last ! RE and myself parted ways on Saturday mutually as RE did reimburse back the money i invested on the bike + the additional expenses.
You got your money back?
That is an achievement in India.
Party time.
Hope you will stay away from RE.
There are better options to look for.
Old 26th March 2012, 13:16   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Peace at last ! RE and myself parted ways on Saturday mutually as RE did reimburse back the money i invested on the bike + the additional expenses. I did hand over all the documents to them. In additional i did take a letter from them that i will not be responsible for the bike with immediate effect as it was registred in my name. Mixed feelings running in me as i could not own a RE but happy that they gave the money back.

Thank you all for the support and advice.
Shailu: Can you PM me the details of your advocate with telephone number, as I have a valid case against RE which I need to pursue
Old 26th March 2012, 14:49   #49
Senior - BHPian

Though i agree with the Option 1, with RE, my experience is more reliable with Option 2. I totally agree with GTO, warranty or no warranty, an RE gets reliable only after it gets treatment from good hands! I'm not sure you have a pair where you live. But when it comes to customer experience and feeling of a new bike, i'm totally with you. Give option 1 a try but once done, start looking for a reliable pair of hands to work on your bike.
I miss having Kunal next to my house now! My 5yr, 4 north bound trips old bike used to work like new every time i got it back from him.

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 26th March 2012 at 14:51.
Old 26th March 2012, 14:55   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Give option 1 a try but once done, start looking for a reliable pair of hands to work on your bike.
You seem to have missed post# 44 where the OP has resolved the issue with RE by returning the bike back to them and getting a refund of the money spent on the bike + additional expenses.

@ Shailu, its a very good turn of events and really happy for you to have got the money back. Like D2L has said, its an achievement in India. Kudos to your lawyer too, having made it work in your favor.
abhinav.s is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2012, 15:03   #51
Senior - BHPian

Re: 4 day old Enfield Thunderbird. Oil sump damaged. EDIT: RE returns the Money.

Quote:
Peace at last ! RE and myself parted ways on Saturday mutually as RE did reimburse back the money i invested on the bike + the additional expenses. I did hand over all the documents to them. In additional i did take a letter from them that i will not be responsible for the bike with immediate effect as it was registred in my name. Mixed feelings running in me as i could not own a RE but happy that they gave the money back.

Thank you all for the support and advice.
RE still don't get it .Their ego coming the way .They best way was to accept the mistake(mistakes do happen) and give you a brand new bike + some freebies .That would have given them a solid positive attitude towards customer service . Now with this episode ,ppl will think 10 times /or not go at all for RE bikes . This is really shame of RE ,cant believe that RE resorted to this solution in this competitive world .
Old 26th March 2012, 15:58   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 4 day old Enfield Thunderbird. Oil sump damaged. EDIT: RE returns the Money.

shailu - congratulations! This is as good as it gets; the other possibility of being given a brand new bike not coming through.

Now, credit where due:

1. Very good on RE to have closed this loop in this manner: good redemption. I am personally very happy that they did not do another Skoda here.

2. I truly hope they learn from this and address their QC issues in-line with expectations in today's market.
Old 26th March 2012, 16:27   #53
BHPian

They gave your money back and called it quits.
RE must have thought that's what you wanted.
Did you pursue them for refund or replacement in your case?
So all the wait, then all the painful owning has pushed you far away from the thumper, is it?

Hope you bite the bullet sometime down the years.
All the best with your new bike hunt.
Old 26th March 2012, 18:41   #54
BHPian

Re: 4 day old Enfield Thunderbird. Oil sump damaged. EDIT: RE refunds entire amount!

Thank you all once again!

My frame of mind was different before sending the lawyers notice and after it. If only RE would have agreed to give me a new engine when i went back to them with the problem i would have said YES ...but they did not. i send them a lawyers notice to repay my money and If RE would have said that they will give me a new TBTS i would still have agreed but they said to repay and with mixed feelings i agreed.

So what do i do? Went straight to honda showroom and booked a CBR250R.
shailu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2012, 18:59   #55
Senior - BHPian

Re: 4 day old Enfield Thunderbird. Oil sump damaged. EDIT: RE refunds entire amount!

Quote:
So what do i do? Went straight to honda showroom and booked a CBR250R.
Quantum leap at that i must say. Anyways good choice and wishing you many more miles with the CBR.

But i fail to understand RE attitude here. While they did the right thing in giving the money back, they could have avoided losing a customer and also got a loyalist as well if they had given a new engine when you first requested for it. Instead, they wait for a lawyer notice and behave as if they were waiting to get rid of you by paying your money back! Not very good if you look at it in a different sense.
Old 27th March 2012, 01:07   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Without knowing exactly what transpired between the lawyer and RE it is difficult to say why RE didn't offer to exchange motorcycle engines or even to exchange a brand new motorcycle for the one owned by shailu.

If the lawyer did not mention this exchange option to them they may have felt that the only way to settle the problem would be to give him back his money (plus expenses).
Old 27th March 2012, 11:13   #57
BHPian

Or maybe due to their pathetic production numbers, they did not have a ready piece available to replace the bike.

Shailu, I feel you will be happier with the Jap you have chosen. All the best.
Old 29th March 2012, 21:48   #58
BHPian

It is a pity that the RE official who made this decision let his ego get the better of him.
He should have just offered to replace the engine/bike, and he would have got an RE covert for life! Yes, you got a bad one, but the TBTS is a GREAT bike. I know, I own one!
Rollin' Thunda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2012, 15:08   #59
BHPian

Any guess on what RE is to do with this Tbts?
Old 3rd April 2012, 17:14   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennjit View Post
Any guess on what RE is to do with this Tbts?
Absolutely! that was the same thing that was going through my mind. some unsuspecting poor soul would get this bike, hopefully it would be repaired by then.
one question: as this was registered in your name would it be sold as second hand?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks