BHPian

Re: Uttar Pradesh cops on CBR250

whats up with the spiderman paintjobs ? lol
Old 20th April 2012, 18:32   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Is this Tourist Police different from the normal police?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
I stay in Agra and the Police scene has gone very modern. We have brand new Indigos and Innovas and now CBR's. All english speaking cops.

Here is a photo. Attachment 917784
Man, quite a change I must say, from pot bellied paan chewing middle aged Policemen to smartly dressed guys. Googles too. Is this happened under Akhilesh or Mayawati had started the process before hand?
Old 20th April 2012, 18:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

Yes a good change although the ' old kind - the pot bellied ones ' still exist and they are the ones that are sitting in the stations and following the CM facades and given duty.

These are more on the move ones - I think Agra alone has about 300 of these new ones. Excellent for a city that finishes in 10 - 15 km's.

It happened a year back - BUT Mayawati or Akhilesh has nothing to do with it. This is all in sync with the tourism industry and Taj Mahal. Also one must keep in mind the expressway from noida is about to open any day now.

In fact people already travel on it using special passes. So they needed to spruce upto international standards and they have done a mighty good job of starting it by improving the cop presence and attire.
Old 20th April 2012, 21:10   #19
Team-BHP Support

CBR250 - ain't that a little too pompous?

It's not like these cops will be involved in high-speed chases that they need the extra BHP. And about image - that starts with self, not with the bike you ride.

Why were the good ol' Pulsar 180s dumped in favour of CBR?
Old 23rd April 2012, 13:53   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
I stay in Agra and the Police scene has gone very modern. We have brand new Indigos and Innovas and now CBR's. All english speaking cops.

Here is a photo.
That is very great, but what is with that custom paint job. After bat vehicle, is it going to be "spidey bike." The original colour was much better, even black would have been good, but this multicolor.
Old 23rd April 2012, 14:09   #21
Senior - BHPian

This is great, the cops look smart too. That guy looks like a state trooper straight from a Hollywood movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Also I saw an old Hyundai Accent as a patrol vehicle in Chennai on my recent visit. Saw no more. Is it an one-off vehicle?
No, Hyundai gifted 100 CRDi Accents to Chennai Police. There is a thread for it here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks