Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2006, 15:09   #16
BHPian

Suggest me good bike modifiers(both performance and cosmetic) at trivandrum.

Last edited by dodge3p : 24th May 2006 at 15:11.
Old 24th May 2006, 20:31   #17
BHPian

[quote=mail4ajo]1. Wider rear tyre+alloy front & rear wheels - Alloys - 3K for a good set(dont get RADO) they are heavy. If 100/90x18 tyre - about 1200Rs, broader above the 1500rs mark(Not worth it, cause it increases the drag on the engine and wears out the chain kit quickly). You lose your top speed as well.

I recently changed the rear tyres on my unicorn,since the stock suffered from an impact faliure ( due to bad roads). after some market research i settled for TVS JUMBO 100/90-18, mthey r really good both performance wise n looks wise another choice would b CEAT SECURA ZOOM 100/90-18
Old 24th May 2006, 21:56   #18
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the reply, mail4ajo.

What is the price diffrence between the various brands in tyres?
Old 25th May 2006, 01:20   #19
Senior - BHPian

@moralfibre; No, the front disc of the unicorn might not fit on the karizma's alloys; you'll have to change the disc rotor, callipers, front forks and the master cyl. assembly, if the wheels do not accomodate the rotor. Although the assumption that the wheel will not accomodate the uni's disc rotor is purely under MY calculations, you can check out the hub dia. for yourself. Just in case if it matches, you can save yourself a bomb. If you really DO want to go in for the karizma's alloys, I suggest you source used parts for the disc brake setup; they're easily available, as I've seen a lot of banged up karizmas with perfectly good disc rotors and assemblies...

The rear drum of the unicorn need not fit on the karizma's alloys, as the wheels come as an entire assembly. You can fit karizma's brake shoes and mount hubs on the alloy wheel. The sprocket should fit, as the Honda's and Hero Honda's sprocket mounts are more or less similar, and of the same diameter.

And like shipwreck said, in the end, stock is best. Especially in case of our single-cylinder Indian bikes. Multi-cylinder SBK's, now THAT's another story...
Old 25th May 2006, 08:03   #20
Senior - BHPian

veyron plz telll me the address or any link of the shop u r talkin about
Old 25th May 2006, 15:35   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero
Thanks for the reply, mail4ajo.

What is the price diffrence between the various brands in tyres?
There is nominal difference in prices. MRF is costly. They have the best looking thread patterns and do last a while too.

If you have more moolah, You can look at Michelin(Awesome grip) and Pirelli(not sure). Visit GP road, Try Champion, Gurminder Singh.
Another option is DURO imported by KRP
Old 25th May 2006, 15:59   #22
Senior - BHPian

mrf zapper = decent but useless on a wet surface or one with gravel.

mrf zapper q = better grip than the normal zapper.quite ok on wet surfaces.

michelin = amazing grip and lasts quite long too.very light tyres.only disadvantage is that its tube type.not available in tubeless.

pirelli = amazing grip.doesnt last as long as michelin but its tubeless so it scores there.heavier than michelin so you might lose your top end slightly.

Hope that helped.

Rev
Old 26th May 2006, 02:32   #23
BHPian

K&N installed, upjetted the carburetor within 3 months of buying my CBF150. It doesn't do much than just to make the bike peppier.

K&N RC1060 and bored out a 118 jet to ~125. Its damn easy.

Dont' ask as to who would be best to modify your bike man! Learn to do it yourself. Its a lot better and gives you a lot more satisfaction about a job well done.

You want modifications for the CBF150? Stay tuned. Got somethings up me sleeve. Will post when its up and running. Major Vitamin M deficiency at the moment.
Old 26th May 2006, 14:09   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
And like shipwreck said, in the end, stock is best. Especially in case of our single-cylinder Indian bikes. Multi-cylinder SBK's, now THAT's another story...
Thanx a lot for the response Veyron... how abt Pulsar alloys?
Old 27th May 2006, 00:22   #25
Senior - BHPian

Nope; Pulsar alloys are 17" ones, and will screw up the geometry; and the gearing too. But the alloys from the Apache might go in just fine; the Apache has a 240 mm front disc (and a 17" front/18" rear wheel), which means the mounting won't be difficult. Apart from an over-reading speedo, you won't have any issues. Say, doesn't the new Victor ride on 18" alloys..? Well, if they do, I'm guessing that's your best bet.
Old 19th June 2006, 19:38   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosfreak
Heyz m8, im from Hyd 2.

Wht do ya wanna do, performance or cosmetic?
Been using Unicorn for nearly an yr now,nearly 8000km up n running. I'd like to modify it. Recommend any modifications parts/settings that would be anywhere upto 15 grands in total. I prefer orignal settings and fittings, no changes have been made so far. Also please provide a good mechanic/modifier for unicorn settings in hyderabad to keep the bike in gud condition.

I want gud looks,,,so just keen on cosmetics.Cuz i believe the performance is awesome with original settings,,,any changes in wheels,, or watever which makes it rocking,,without actually losing its performance is helpful.

Any help appreciated

Regards,
Lord
Old 23rd July 2006, 13:29   #27
BHPian

hello iam also staying at chennai can u advice me whether i should go for K&N filter for Honda unicorn is it worth changing ? what will be the difference?
Old 14th October 2006, 10:38   #28
BHPian

Hi guys..

I have a Honda Unicorn 5 months old and live in chennai..i want to change the unicorn's wheels to that of a Pulsars alloy wheels..will it be possible and also i want to know where it can be done in chennai and how much it costs..

for getting to know this i searched in google and finally landed in this beautiful forum..

also i ahev to do stickering in my bike..any good stickerings..

TIA
Old 3rd June 2007, 18:56   #29
BHPian

You can watch my bike, heres the link.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...rth-watch.html
Old 4th June 2007, 00:09   #30
BHPian

Can the New Unicorn's alloys be fitted onto Old Uni??
I thought it should be a direct port, but the service center guy says that the rear alloys wont fit in old Uni!! can anyone confirm that?

@Moralfibre: Hey man, me too owning a Unicorn - Palio 1.6 combo!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks