Team-BHP - Motorcycle Tyres : Compared!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Motorcycle Tyres : Compared! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/120107-motorcycle-tyres-compared-69.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPRIME95 (Post 5768100)
That is my problem right now. The Road 5s aren't fully worn but have lost thier shape i.e. flat in the center. And I like the occasional high speed highway run so a bit concerned as to whether I should change or not.

Front side view with flash
Attachment 2604769

Do provide your opinion as to if these are gone or I can extract some more kms on these. For reference, these have done about 24700 kms to date.

I would suggest to change those ones as micro cracks are clearly visible which in turn points to hardened rubber. It might not have the same flex and grip now. Without those cracks,the tyre would have still had some life in it. For reference, this is the road 5 on my Duke.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thamps (Post 5768113)
I would suggest to change those ones as micro cracks are clearly visible which in turn points to hardened rubber. It might not have the same flex and grip now. Without those cracks,the tyre would have still had some life in it. For reference, this is the road 5 on my Duke.

Yes that is another concern. Cracks are not life threatening but in this case they are on the soft compound portion and hence risky.

What would you recommend as replacement ? Im headed to a Michelin Shop to ask for a tyre check and potential replacement prices

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPRIME95 (Post 5768127)
Yes that is another concern. Cracks are not life threatening but in this case they are on the soft compound portion and hence risky.

What would you recommend as replacement ? Im headed to a Michelin Shop to ask for a tyre check and potential replacement prices

I have only used Metzelers and Apollos other than Michellins. I had my stock metzelers changed at 7.5k while apollos have lasted me for more than 15k. Have even seen plenty of fast guys on Apollo shod RCs/Dukes on racetracks with high praises.
But I have also read raving reviews stating that TVS protorqs are even better.
I think you wouldn't go wrong with either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPRIME95 (Post 5768127)

I agree with TBHPian Thamps on both accounts. You should probably change the tires sooner, rather than later. 24,700 kms is excellent life from the Road 5s. Its time to move on.

Secondly, you really cant go wrong with either the Alpha H1s or the Protorqs. The Apollo tires have been around for much longer and hence you will hear more positive feedback on them from a larger segment of happy users. That said, experienced riders are singing high praises of the Protorqs which is more expensive by a few hundred rupees.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPRIME95 (Post 5768100)
Do provide your opinion as to if these are gone or I can extract some more kms on these. For reference, these have done about 24700 kms to date.

I have Pirelli Diablo Rosso 2s on Daisy, my Duke 200. The tyre is a bit old and locks up on concrete roads, even with further upgrades left for me to do on the front brakes.

I'm looking to change to Road 5, you extracting 24K+ on those tyres is definitely good news for me!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunnyBoi (Post 5768376)
I have Pirelli Diablo Rosso 2s on Daisy, my Duke 200. The tyre is a bit old and locks up on concrete roads, even with further upgrades left for me to do on the front brakes.

I'm looking to change to Road 5, you extracting 24K+ on those tyres is definitely good news for me!

I must admit that I drive like a grandpa most of the time. And I am probably one of the few RR310 riders to use Urban mode most of the time. That might be the reason for my high mileage on the Road 5s. Normal expected life is somewhere around 20,000 kms.