Team-BHP - Motorcycle Tyres : Compared!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Motorcycle Tyres : Compared! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/120107-motorcycle-tyres-compared-19.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bullet-tooth (Post 3181439)
Hello experts need your advice!

I have a R15 V1. Off late both the tires in my bike have started losing pressure very rapidly.
...post.

Have you checked your rims for bends? R15 rims are prone to bends because they are light weight and designed for better roads than in India and the tyres used have a less radial height which when goes in any pothole causes to flatten out completely and the rim takes the hit.

R15 owners should have a look at the aspect ratio too of the tyre for better protection of their rims.

Good news for Ceat Secura fans. Secura Sport is available for bullet 19 rims. Saw a new Electra with Ceat rib tire and button tires.
The button tire was the best i had experienced on my bikes along with MRF Meteor which is not made any more.
Only hope they are available to purchase and not just OEM fitted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dre@ms (Post 3115741)
Time came and I have changed my unicorn rear from 100/90 18 to 110/90 18 Zapper Q. Its a wide tyre.

I bought the tyre separately and fitted it from my local puncture guy. He didn't check/adjust anything. After the fit, when I drove I heard some noise from the rear and to my shock, the wide tyres are scraping the chain guards. Top one, since the bottom one is already removed to avoid the chain loose sound.
Got it to a mechanic and he said that the tyre pressure is more and so there is this scraping. But even after releasing some pressure, the scrape doesn't stop.
Now I have removed the top chain guard too.

What is my solution now? How do I fit my chain guards and avoid my wide tyres to scrape them?

Own a TVS Apache RTR 180 non abs. Have done 22000 KMs on it. but i want to change my tyres. Stocks tyres, number of times, have almost caused me to crash with rear part of the vehicle completely moving out. I am in bangalore, so we have rains, pathetic roads (dry, gravel, wet and potholes). Suggest a tyre accordingly. Till now have zeroed in on Zapper C (110/80) for rear, nothing for front. Please to suggest, if some other options are available.

I want to change both front and rear and how much will be getting in exchange for selling these off. I stay on old airport road, if possible also suggest some shops nearby for the same.

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shwetanshu (Post 3224264)
Own a TVS Apache RTR 180 non abs. Have done 22000 KMs on it. but i want to change my tyres. Stocks tyres, number of times, have almost caused me to crash with rear part of the vehicle completely moving out. I am in bangalore, so we have rains, pathetic roads (dry, gravel, wet and potholes). Suggest a tyre accordingly. Till now have zeroed in on Zapper C (110/80) for rear, nothing for front. Please to suggest, if some other options are available.

I want to change both front and rear and how much will be getting in exchange for selling these off. I stay on old airport road, if possible also suggest some shops nearby for the same.

Thanks!

For front go for zapper fy2. That's the front tire of R15V2 and the best on the size. Costs around 2.2k at MRF outlets

For rear try to get Michelin Pilot sporty in the size you mentioned.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sagarpadaki (Post 3224416)

For front go for zapper fy2. That's the front tire of R15V2 and the best on the size. Costs around 2.2k at MRF outlets

For rear try to get Michelin Pilot sporty in the size you mentioned.

Also please go through this thread from beginning. This has been discussed umpteen number of times. Even then if you don't find the answer then ask.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shwetanshu (Post 3224264)

Thanks!

If you want to change tryes at the rear, MRF Zappers & Mogrips (have even beter grip, but scream a lot on emergancy braking) are the best amongst the budget brands & for the front (yes I would suggest to change the front tyres as well) Ceat are the most sticky ones. Alternatively, you can go for the Ceat set itself, which should make you life much better over stock tyres.

IMO (past experience) Ceat Tyres lose out on the design of tyre aspect, otherwise you cannot go wrong with Ceats in any case.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CARDEEP (Post 3224468)
If you want to change tryes at the rear, MRF Zappers & Mogrips (have even beter grip, but scream a lot on emergancy braking) are the best amongst the budget brands & for the front (yes I would suggest to change the front tyres as well) Ceat are the most sticky ones. Alternatively, you can go for the Ceat set itself, which should make you life much better over stock tyres.

IMO (past experience) Ceat Tyres lose out on the design of tyre aspect, otherwise you cannot go wrong with Ceats in any case.

told friend to get them replaced since i was busy. He got MRF Zapper FS for front and MRF Revz 120/80 for rear. :Frustrati

told him to get vyde and he got revz. he got them changed from JC road. feel like killing him. Aaaa!!!

Any idea how are revz?

Finally changed my front unicorn tyres from MRF Zapper FS to Michelin Sirac Street in the 43k ODO mark.

Michelins costed me 1740 with 1 year unconditional warranty. Did enquire about the Pilot Sporty but it was available only in 17"

Initial impression, the tyre grips make my handling a bit stiff. Better confidence on the non-tar roads. Need to check how it behaves in some hard braking. Will take some time to judge.

Overall happy for my bike, who finally got its rubbers changed and started its new lease of life.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shwetanshu (Post 3224504)
told friend to get them replaced since i was busy. He got MRF Zapper FS for front and MRF Revz 120/80 for rear. :Frustrati

told him to get vyde and he got revz. he got them changed from JC road. feel like killing him. Aaaa!!!

Any idea how are revz?

These are Okay... I bet your friend fell for the attractive looking pattern, but I am sure he would be much better off than TVS Srichakra or Eurogrip tyres.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CARDEEP (Post 3225050)
These are Okay... I bet your friend fell for the attractive looking pattern, but I am sure he would be much better off than TVS Srichakra or Eurogrip tyres.

How these tyres perform in wet conditions?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shwetanshu (Post 3225131)
How these tyres perform in wet conditions?

@shwetanshu

Revz are new sub-brand, even I do not know about these much, but going with the pattern that is displayed on MRF website, these appear to be as good as Zapper C. And, if the compound is softer, these could be even better, as it would be sticky, but, the life won't be much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CARDEEP (Post 3225299)
@shwetanshu

Revz are new sub-brand, even I do not know about these much, but going with the pattern that is displayed on MRF website, these appear to be as good as Zapper C. And, if the compound is softer, these could be even better, as it would be sticky, but, the life won't be much.

dont care about tyre life much. i would be happy to get 10k from these. i want better grip in wet and dry. Safety of me, my bike and pillion.

Thanks a lot for your replies :)

Changed the tyres on my 2008 Pulsar 180 over the weekend.

It had the original MRF Zappers, run about 34k kms. The old tyres still had a lot of tread left, but I felt that the grip was down, bike was skidding a bit on wet roads. Changed to Michelin Pilot Sporty 2.75-17 for the front and Michelin Sirac Street 100/90-17 for the rear.

The front seems good. The bike doesn't seem to slide on gravel on hard braking anymore. That could also be just an effect of simply changing to a new tyre from the old worn out ones, more than a factor of how good or bad the new the tyre is.

The rear is where I have a question. The Sirac Street seems like I'm riding on a 'ridge'. That's the best way I can put it. It seems unstable, yet it's not really. Confusing, I know.

Bangalore roads have a great(!) mixture of tar, gravel, sand and water these days to let me test the tyres on varying conditions on even a short city ride! :) There is certainly enough grip when cornering, no doubt. The tyre has been mounted properly and there is no wheel wobble. But there is definitely some 'unease' and more 'stiffness' when turning, as compared to the old Zappers.

Is that normal because of the tread pattern?

Changed the tyres of my Royal Enfield Classic 350 UCE

The previous tyres were:
Front MRF Zapper 3.25-19 (32000 kms done)
Rear Michelin Sirac 120 /80 - 18 (20000 kms done)

The new tyres are:
Front Ceat Grip 90 / 90 - 19
Rear Vee Rubber (VRM 163) 120 / 90 - 18

The tyres were put a week before my 4000 km trip to Ladakh.

The rear tyre had excellent grip in all terrains and I managed to complete the trip without a single puncture/fall.
The front tyre fell short of my expectations and turned out to be another hard compound tyre without proper "grip" being marketed as a soft compound tyre.

I am uploading a couple of pics of both the tyres before and after installation on the bike.