Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2013, 16:59   #61
BHPian

Re: My 1st Bull: Classic 500 Desert Storm

Hi,

Amazing pictures there. Proper drool-worthy stuff!

Can you please share more pics of your Bhutan travels? It would awesome if you'd put up a travelogue of the same

Look forward to it..

Cheers and keep ridin' safe!
Sam
Old 24th October 2013, 20:09   #62
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

It has been a while since I updated this thread.

My Desert Storm has completed 17000 kms now in 17 months of ownership so far. In the last few months there have some niggles, but everything has been rectified now. Now the Desert Bull has got a new battery, a new drive chain, new chain cover, new sprockets, a new clutch cable, a new air filter and the engine oil and oil filter have also been replaced.

There had been a little issue with the rear suspension as the bike used to wobble sideways at speeds less than 40 kph. The suspension issue was rectified and the wheels were aligned.

I haven't got enough chance to ride my Bull due to a lot of outstation trips in the last two months. Another reason is that post cyclone Phailin, Ranchi is seeing a lot of rains so have not got many opportunities to ride. I will update this thread as I clock up more kms on the odo.

A recent pic of my Desert Storm:
Attached Thumbnails
My 1st Bull: Classic 500 Desert Storm-dsc08971.jpg  

Last edited by //M : 24th October 2013 at 20:17.
//M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2014, 13:01   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Few pics that shows the inconsistent paint job around the edges and also a scratch in the rear fender that happened due to the rear seat removal while I was getting seat covers for the DS500. Sadly the paint job is a big concern even in the 2012 Enfield's.
My rear fender also got scratched because of the pillion seat rubbing against it.

How did you get it fixed? and how can it be prevented?
Old 14th January 2014, 21:22   #64
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jundi View Post
My rear fender also got scratched because of the pillion seat rubbing against it.

How did you get it fixed? and how can it be prevented?
I have not yet found a permanent solution to it. Little touch-ups can hide the scratch to some extent though.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2014, 10:34   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Amazing thread there Arunabh. Thanks for pointing me to it. And you surely have wheels under your feet!
The RE looks amazing and one who is fascinated by it, can only own an RE. It can never happen by chance. BTW, among the pictures, I saw some pictures shot in Shyamali colony (& HEC, etc). Any chance that you have been living in shyamali? And great shots of places near Ranchi, which is typical of your travel threads.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2014, 14:55   #66
Senior - BHPian

Great thread and it has been an absolute pleasure reading through it. Your bike has been to some really exotic locations and kudos to you for really "tripping" with the awesome DS 500.

I got mine in Nov, 2013 and haven't yet taken it anywhere on a long distance ride. The longest being 50km out of Bangalore and back. It has clocked a measly 1300km over the past 5 months. So hoping to take it to nearby locations as the weather also seems perfect for a long ride.

So any modifications or upgrades planned for the bike? New seat, handlebar or a new exhaust? Do keep us in the loop.

Amazing photography to compliment your journeys. You should send some of them to RE.
Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2014, 23:01   #67
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Amazing thread there Arunabh. Thanks for pointing me to it. And you surely have wheels under your feet!
The RE looks amazing and one who is fascinated by it, can only own an RE. It can never happen by chance. BTW, among the pictures, I saw some pictures shot in Shyamali colony (& HEC, etc). Any chance that you have been living in shyamali? And great shots of places near Ranchi, which is typical of your travel threads.

Regards,
Saket
Thank You Sir for all the appreciation.

I stay in Doranda, North Office Para to be precise. Do you, by any chance, live in Shyamali Colony?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Great thread and it has been an absolute pleasure reading through it. Your bike has been to some really exotic locations and kudos to you for really "tripping" with the awesome DS 500.

I got mine in Nov, 2013 and haven't yet taken it anywhere on a long distance ride. The longest being 50km out of Bangalore and back. It has clocked a measly 1300km over the past 5 months. So hoping to take it to nearby locations as the weather also seems perfect for a long ride.

So any modifications or upgrades planned for the bike? New seat, handlebar or a new exhaust? Do keep us in the loop.

Amazing photography to compliment your journeys. You should send some of them to RE.
Thank You Fullrevs. I will surely mail some good clicks to RE

I am not sure if I'll go for any modifications in the near future. Yes I want a more comfortable seat and maybe a comfortable backrest for the pillion too. But the ones in the market look weird and wacky. I was toying up with the idea of retrofitting an Electra's seat but then it would have spoiled the good old looks of the Classic 500. So the plan is on hold till I find something good looking and comfortable. Maybe I can add a layer of cushion under the seat covers and cover it up snugly to make it comfortable without spoiling the looks.
Old 4th April 2014, 10:36   #68
Senior - BHPian

A BHP'ian has changed his seat as shown in the picture below. Looks like the perfect setting but I am thoughtful of the extra "spring" action the stock seat has, with this alteration that is gone. This is now available at ebay for a very competitive price.
Attached Thumbnails
My 1st Bull: Classic 500 Desert Storm-kgrhqzhjfefbmczegibqjqiwjdrq60_12.jpg  

Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2014, 22:53   #69
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

That's a good looking seat, fullrevs. Thanks for the pic.

Meanwhile, some pics of my Desert Storm during the weekend rides with fellow bulleteers and at times with the HOGS of Ranchi:
Attached Thumbnails
My 1st Bull: Classic 500 Desert Storm-dsc01686.jpg  

My 1st Bull: Classic 500 Desert Storm-dsc08150.jpg  

My 1st Bull: Classic 500 Desert Storm-dsc08180.jpg  

My 1st Bull: Classic 500 Desert Storm-dsc08455.jpg  

My 1st Bull: Classic 500 Desert Storm-dsc08512.jpg  

My 1st Bull: Classic 500 Desert Storm-dsc08523.jpg  

My 1st Bull: Classic 500 Desert Storm-dsc09255.jpg  

My 1st Bull: Classic 500 Desert Storm-dsc09775.jpg  

My 1st Bull: Classic 500 Desert Storm-dsc09883.jpg  

My 1st Bull: Classic 500 Desert Storm-dsc09894.jpg  

//M is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 10:08   #70
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Some pics of my Classic 500 Desert Storm taken during the One Ride on 6th April 2014.

Total kms covered: 150 kms

Route Taken: Ranchi-Pithoria-Patratu-Pithoria-Ormanjhi-Ukrid Nakwatoli-Ranchi
Attached Thumbnails
My 1st Bull: Classic 500 Desert Storm-dsc01732.jpg  

My 1st Bull: Classic 500 Desert Storm-dsc01746.jpg  

My 1st Bull: Classic 500 Desert Storm-dsc01753.jpg  

My 1st Bull: Classic 500 Desert Storm-dsc01769.jpg  

My 1st Bull: Classic 500 Desert Storm-dsc01788.jpg  

My 1st Bull: Classic 500 Desert Storm-dsc01815.jpg  

My 1st Bull: Classic 500 Desert Storm-dsc01827.jpg  

My 1st Bull: Classic 500 Desert Storm-dsc01831.jpg  

My 1st Bull: Classic 500 Desert Storm-dsc01838.jpg  

My 1st Bull: Classic 500 Desert Storm-dsc01801.jpg  

Old 25th April 2014, 16:31   #71
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

At 19800 kms, the rear tyre on the Desert Storm has worn out so I recently purchased a Ceat Vertigo 120/80 R18 rear tyre for my Bull. It is a tubeless tyre and I also purchased a tube of the same size to go with the tyre. Since I am based out of Ranchi, there are very limited number of tyre shops here. I couldn't find any tyre shops selling a tube-type 120/80 section tyre and hence had to get a tubeless one. However I got a decent discount on the tyre so it more or less compensated my purchase of a tubeless tyre instead of a tube-type tyre. I am yet to fit the new tyre in the Desert Storm and will surely share my experience about the ride quality once I get it fitted.

Also my leather riding jacket had worn out and had got some bruises. So the hunt for an all-weather jacket was on. With the onset of summers, I was looking for a mesh jacket with a rain liner as I plan to take my Desert Storm to Sikkim next month. Finally decided on the Spartan Pro Gear Helios after hearing good reviews about this product. Ordered it through snapdeal as there's no authorised dealer in my city and the jacket was delivered today. It is indeed a very good riding jacket, specially for the summers with good body protection too.

Some pics of the rear tyre and the riding jacket:

Ceat Vertigo 120/80 R18
My 1st Bull: Classic 500 Desert Storm-dsc01892.jpg
My 1st Bull: Classic 500 Desert Storm-dsc01894.jpg
My 1st Bull: Classic 500 Desert Storm-dsc01895.jpg

Spartan Pro Gear Helios Black XL
My 1st Bull: Classic 500 Desert Storm-dsc01874.jpg
My 1st Bull: Classic 500 Desert Storm-dsc01875.jpg
My 1st Bull: Classic 500 Desert Storm-dsc01877.jpg
My 1st Bull: Classic 500 Desert Storm-dsc01879.jpg
My 1st Bull: Classic 500 Desert Storm-dsc01880.jpg
My 1st Bull: Classic 500 Desert Storm-dsc01882.jpg
My 1st Bull: Classic 500 Desert Storm-dsc01885.jpg
My 1st Bull: Classic 500 Desert Storm-dsc01889.jpg
Old 23rd May 2014, 11:10   #72
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Few days back, I did a 2179 kms roadtrip on the Desert Storm to North Sikkim and back.

Here's the travelogue: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...bz-xtreme.html
Old 9th July 2014, 13:34   #73
BANNED

Quote:
Few days back, I did a 2179 kms roadtrip on the Desert Storm to North Sikkim and back.

Had gone gone through your TL with great interest.

Could you please tell me how is the long distance riding comfort of DS. Want to go in for TB for this very reason but DS is pulling not just me but my entire family including my daughters towards it.
anandjha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2014, 18:59   #74
BHPian

Quote:

Read your travelogue and its simply wow. Beautiful Sikkim on a handsome bike, great combo.

I am so much inclined towards the Desert Storm but somehow can't make up my mind deciding which bull to buy, hence I would be really glad if you could also throw up some first hand info on the ownership and maintenance part. The sales guys are pathetic here in Mumbai and they show no interest whatsoever to discuss anything apart from bookings.

Cheers to many more kms of riding bro !
The Great is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2014, 22:42   #75
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandjha View Post
Had gone gone through your TL with great interest.

Could you please tell me how is the long distance riding comfort of DS. Want to go in for TB for this very reason but DS is pulling not just me but my entire family including my daughters towards it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
Read your travelogue and its simply wow. Beautiful Sikkim on a handsome bike, great combo.

I am so much inclined towards the Desert Storm but somehow can't make up my mind deciding which bull to buy, hence I would be really glad if you could also throw up some first hand info on the ownership and maintenance part. The sales guys are pathetic here in Mumbai and they show no interest whatsoever to discuss anything apart from bookings.

Cheers to many more kms of riding bro !
The DS500 is an amazing bike. Riding it has always been a pleasure, whatever maybe the terrain conditions. There have been minor niggles in the past, but I can live with it. The DS has made me fallen in love with it and every time I ride it, it feels magical. However, as far as comfort is concerned, there are more comfortable Enfield's available in the market. The Thunderbird is surely one of them.

I recently rode the Bullet 500 and was highly impressed. Supremely comfortable seats, smoother gearbox and that lovely forest green paint looks the part. Sure, it looks a little basic when compared to the more modern Thunderbird and the retro Classic but the Bullet 500 is an amazing cruiser. Perfect for long distance touring. Plus, it costs way less than the other 500cc Enfield's. It has no EFI, just a regular carburetor but then the carburetor is easier to clean than playing with the sensors in a EFI engine. Had I been in the market now, I would have surely taken a second look at the Bullet 500.
//M is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks