Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2019, 17:11   #16
BHPian

Re: Starting trouble with Pulsar 180 - CDI Issue

While going through the post, it occurred to me that it's worth checking the grounding between the battery negative or positive as the case may be and other parts of the bike especially the engine block.

Some times there is mix up of a.c and d.c parts of the circuit which results in a blown component. The horn, lights etc work on d.c from the rectifier circuit while the ignition is on direct a.c. from the alternator.

It's just a thought. I suggest you download the manual and check continuity using a multimeter.
Old 21st February 2019, 18:41   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Can it rev fine in idle?
I meant can you rev it in neutral, and I think, you understood what I asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
It comes with a CV carburettor. I believe it to be related to electronics as the horn is not working. And the CDI box is getting hot.

It cannot rev in idle too. Say for example the idle RPM is 1000. At idle, it can rev only up to 1400. Also during driving it can rev only up to 1400. Thereafter engine misfires. Ignition coil or CDI?
Does it make a huge gunshot-like sound?

misfire can be due - CDI, ignition coil, spark plug wires, pickup coil, it can be exhaust side too.

I am not sure if the CDI should get hot or not, but in the older pulsars, they were notorious for going bad.

It is worth swapping a CDI from a good bike to check.
Old 21st February 2019, 19:22   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
It cannot rev in idle too. Say for example the idle RPM is 1000. At idle, it can rev only up to 1400. Also during driving it can rev only up to 1400. Thereafter engine misfires. Ignition coil or CDI?
You should've started with the misfiring, experienced the same when my pulser coil was shorting on my Bajaj CT100B after a pressure wash.

Bajaj CT100B - Utilitarianism Redefined!

As a result of the short the CDI was unable to adjust timing according to revs, hence misfired when revs went past idle.

Last edited by ashwinprakas : 21st February 2019 at 19:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks