Team-BHP - My 5 year old Suzuki Access
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   My 5 year old Suzuki Access (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/127137-my-5-year-old-suzuki-access-3.html)

@a4anurag @scarletrider
Will buy Amaron Dry battery 5 AH if the replacement dies. Cannot upgrade to 7AH as the compartment in Access is restricted in size.

Attached is the clicks of Exide Bikerz !!!

Gyaan
=====
Don't buy philips (ANY) vision bulbs they are just halogen coated with Blue paint that filters out most light. Marketing Gimmick at the best.
I'm going for AUTOPAL LED auxiliary lights attaching the picture from their site
Inputs about LED lights required

Horn Upgrade
==========
Pulsar Horn coupled with access Horn with Relay attached in PIC

Now when I press the Horn Button I can feel the sonic vibration through Handlebar :D Loving it

Total Cost break-Up (INR)
=================
Pulsar Horn 250.00
Relay 150.00
Philips BlueVision Moto 230.00
Labour 150.00
Total 730.00

Hope it helps fellow BHPians

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 2978643)
Exide are a problem in any vehicle they are made for. I don't know what the R&D team is doing in spite so many complaints.

Exide Batteries are to be exiled:D

Anurag.

I beg to differ. My Exide replacement battery for my Maruti 800 (and ordinary Exide NS 40 model) lasted me 5 years and 11 months. The one after that lasted 3 years 9 months, though it was a 'Freedom' maintenance-free version.

On my WagonR, the stock Exide lasted 4 years 2 months, and the replacement Exide lasted 6 years and 2 months.

On my Kinetic Honda, Exide battery lasted for 3 years twice, till I disposed of it.

Amaron may be better, but my experience with Exide has always been good to excellent. My Fiesta's stock Amaron lasted me 5 years and 3 months, which is good for a stock battery. Let me see how long the new Amaron lasts--it's been only 6 months so far.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhenu (Post 2984947)
@a4anurag @scarletrider
Horn Upgrade
==========
Pulsar Horn coupled with access Horn with Relay attached in PIC

Just curious - how was the relay wired to the battery? Hope you remembered to include a fuse between the battery and relay for safety.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhenu (Post 2984947)

Now when I press the Horn Button I can feel the sonic vibration through Handlebar :D Loving it

Planning to book the Access soon, and install the pulsar horn. Have been using P220F from the past two years and just love the horn, makes other bikes in front turn back or give wide space to overtake thinking its an approaching car ! :D

Some useful info for Suzuki Access 125 owners.

Apart from the engine oil, we also need to ensure to check the Gear Oil. Most of us tend to concentrate on the engine oil and not the gear oil. The owner's manual has incomplete information about this.

Although it clearly says that the gear oil needs to be replaced every 7500 - 8000 kms (see Maintenance Chart) and also shows how it has to be done, it does not mention the grade and quantity of the gear oil.

I checked this with a person from the Suzuki A.S.S. in Hyderabad and he said that the gear oil used is SAE-90 and about 50 - 100 ml is required.

Regards and Keep Revving, :thumbs up

Rahul Waghmare.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider (Post 3004997)
the gear oil used is SAE-90 and about 50 - 100 ml is required.

True. I've done that a couple of times. You need an oil dispenser - the red colored one with a long thin spout and a lever for pumping the oil. Typically found in bicycle or auto parts shops. Of course, any equivalent device that can pump oil through small openings would work too.

With that, oil can be pumped into the inlet until it starts flowing out. Try to place and tighten the oil plug without too much oil running out.

Thanks guys, for the enormous input regarding Access. I too plan to buy the vehicle and hence, wanted to know the size of front and below seat dickey space. A pic will be worth a see. Any help?

Thanks,
Ramki

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramki067 (Post 3105470)
I too plan to buy the vehicle and hence, wanted to know the size of front and below seat dickey space.

Great to hear that you are planning to buy the Access 125. The best option would be check the scooter in person and take a test ride. Photos may not give you a clear idea of the space. All the best and share your experiences for the benefit of all. :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider (Post 3106635)
Great to hear that you are planning to buy the Access 125. The best option would be check the scooter in person and take a test ride. Photos may not give you a clear idea of the space. All the best and share your experiences for the benefit of all. :thumbs up

Scarlet/Guys,

Is there any way i can request to put MRF tyres during delivery instead of Ceat tyres which they provide in the showroom?
I called Saptagiri Suzuki guys here in Rajajinagar and they said they can delivery the vehicle immediately, no waiting period guys:)
Have to check in person regarding the space compared to Honda Activa which we are using now.

Ramki

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramki067 (Post 3105470)
Thanks guys, for the enormous input regarding Access. I too plan to buy the vehicle and hence, wanted to know the size of front and below seat dickey space. A pic will be worth a see. Any help?

Thanks,
Ramki

The front space is good to accomodate large grocery bags but the only drawback is the hook is on the lower side.

The below seat space is good - can hold a full face helmet without any problems. One issue is - the space gets quite warm in no time. For me the dealer gave a "mat" which is useless.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramki067 (Post 3108707)
Scarlet/Guys,
Is there any way i can request to put MRF tyres during delivery instead of Ceat tyres which they provide in the showroom?
I called Saptagiri Suzuki guys here in Rajajinagar and they said they can delivery the vehicle immediately, no waiting period guys:)
Ramki

Definitely. Only the dealer will probably try to push across a vehicle that came with MRFs from factory rather than replace them on some other vehicle. I have MRFs on all my two wheelers and car. Whenever it came to choosing between color and tyre brand, I always chose the latter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AltoLXI (Post 3109303)
One issue is - the space gets quite warm in no time. For me the dealer gave a "mat" which is useless.

Thanks AltoLXI for the inputs.
Do you mean to say a warm under the seat cover(helmet keeping space) or on the foot?

Quote:

Originally Posted by isiv (Post 3119560)
Definitely. Only the dealer will probably try to push across a vehicle that came with MRFs from factory rather than replace them on some other vehicle. I have MRFs on all my two wheelers and car. Whenever it came to choosing between color and tyre brand, I always chose the latter.

Thanks isiv. Will enquire with them regarding the tyres. Is MRF better than Ceat?

Ramki

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramki067 (Post 3120305)
Thanks AltoLXI for the inputs.
Do you mean to say a warm under the seat cover(helmet keeping space) or on the foot?

It gets warm under the seat where we keep helmet.

Hi Guys,

I have a Swish that I bought for my wife around a year back, it has done around 2600 kms, I have a strange issue, I don't know if it is actually an issue. When ever I open the accelerator gradually, the bike behaves weirdly, you feel like it isnt shifting gears, after I open the accelerator a little further it shifts to higher gears and feels better, also sometimes when I accelerate hard, it keeps on giving out a kirk, kirk sound, I have told this to the service center guy many times, idiot just notes it down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbp (Post 3121451)
Hi Guys,
When ever I open the accelerator gradually, the bike behaves weirdly, you feel like it isnt shifting gears, after I open the accelerator a little further it shifts to higher gears and feels better, also sometimes when I accelerate hard, it keeps on giving out a kirk, kirk sound

I could be wrong, but it looks like you have a variator problem. If you have the inclination, open up the transmission cover, run the vehicle on main stand and check whether the belt moves inwards and outwards on the pulleys with varying engine speed. On the driving pulley, the belt should move outward with increasing RPM whereas it's vice versa for the driven pulley.

In any case, please do not ignore any unexpected noises. Probably spend some time at the A S S just to get his fixed instead of clubbing with a regular service?