Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2013, 16:15   #16
BHPian

Re: Honda unveils CB 150R ‘Trigger’

Looks like Honda has learnt the art of coming up with ALL NEW vehicles from virtually the same parts bin. May be a rub off from partnership with Hero motors.

With the engineering prowness that Honda has, it should lead the pack of Indian two wheeler manufacturers, sadly its only a wish until now!
This new bike is another good reason for Honda to charge a premium and to boost the egos of the Sales guys from the Hond showrooms across India.

I may be completely wrong about this bike as I haven't seen or test driven it, but my opinion is based on the specs.
Old 13th March 2013, 10:04   #17
BHPian

Mod Note : Your post is very poorly constructed, and is an eyesore to read. Please ensure that you use CAPITAL letters where required, proof-read your posts to correct Language & Grammatical errors and use the right punctuation.

Last edited by GTO : 13th March 2013 at 13:37.
san2 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 13th March 2013, 11:26   #18
BHPian

They should have named it Dazzler Plus or Dazzler Pro.

Their relationship with Hero is definitely showing, with Hero they used to redesign stickers and now they are just replacing bins.
snowmane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2013, 12:19   #19
BHPian

CBS is a welcome move IMO. Sharing the parts from Dazzler is highly evident. I had used a Dazzler for a short while - the only letdown was it had a small seat. Me (A tad overweight) and my wife could just manage on it somehow. I hope this one has a bigger seat. Also - kick start is also a good move. I doubt the masses ever care if the battery dies, they may not add a new battery and will run the bike without one. There are so many Karizma's I know of which only start on kick !
Old 13th March 2013, 20:57   #20
JLS
BHPian

I could notice following small changes over Dazzler
- Ofcourse CBS
- Full chain cover
- Kick starter
- Full gear lever

Later I realized that Unicorn was already having kick starter, full gear lever and chain cover, hence only CBS is new and otherwise this bike is a changed Unicorn rather than a changed Dazzler

It may be a good move as Unicorn was popular commuter bike with a refined engine and hassle free maintenance, though with aged looks. Now this new bike with refreshed look with CBS may again bring in good numbers for Honda, which Dazzler failed to do so

Regards,
JLS

Last edited by JLS : 13th March 2013 at 21:24.
Old 22nd April 2013, 00:42   #21
BHPian

Any update on it's pricing? I was not able to find it on the internet. This looks like a good option for a 150cc bike in the price range of 80-85k (on road) for me as I am looking out for a decent commuting 2 wheeler which is decently powerful & reliable.
Old 4th May 2013, 00:06   #22
BHPian

Well the pricing details for CB Trigger are out - http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...aunched/16263/

At 82K (Ex. showroom), and almost 98K (on road) for the top variant going additional overheads/taxes/etc for a new bike in Bangalore, it looks like a foolish buy to me. for 98k, Pulsar NS200 is a better buy IMO.

So, I think I should go back to liking the Twister or DreamYuga once again for my buy.
Old 4th May 2013, 23:24   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post

At 82K (Ex. showroom), and almost 98K (on road) for the top variant going additional overheads/taxes/etc for a new bike in Bangalore, it looks like a foolish buy to me. for 98k, Pulsar NS200 is a better buy IMO.
The 82K is for the CBS Version. It's a good think to have, Combined Braking System on a Dual Disk Brake bike, supposedly reduces braking distance by 32%.

For those who don't want the CBS, the Standard(Disk+Drum) is available for 72000 ex-showroom and the Deluxe(Dual Disk without CBS) will be available for 75.5k ex-showroom.

The Standard and Deluxe should be available for between 85k and 90k on road I guess. Not sure though.

But I do believe from a safety perspective, the CBS is worth the investment. You may not thank the extra money you put down everyday, but one day when you knew you were lucky to have stopped 30 odd metres from a barricade, you'll know it was a good thing you did by paying the extra money.

Although, given the 95k odd price tag for the CBS, an Apache RTR180 + ABS would be a much better option.
Old 5th May 2013, 01:34   #24
BHPian

Imagine riding a live trigger to work! That would be hilarious!
Jokes apart, i think the high end version would be a flop-show.
The regular joes wont look for CBS and that sort of thing, the people who need CBS would need much more power for the CBS to be required at all, and a performance biker would still buy a CBR 250R if at all.
Thats how it plays in my mind though, people may differ.
Old 5th May 2013, 14:47   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
the people who need CBS would need much more power for the CBS to be required at all
Some of my friends with scooters like Activas which have the CBS tell me it's really useful and reduces braking distance. I guess if it's useful on a scooter, it'll probably prove to be useful on a 150cc bike as well.
Old 5th May 2013, 14:48   #26
BHPian

Honda is doing nothing but reinventing the wheels. Come on Honda, Please focus on 250 cc and above if you want to stay safe in the market. There are lot of 150cc and 125cc commuters and performance oriented bikes for that matter. Other than CBS, what else would they claim new ?
Old 8th May 2013, 12:46   #27
BHPian

Any news about this bike ? any idea when its being launched
Old 12th June 2013, 06:43   #28
BHPian

It has been almost a month since the bike was launched and is available in the showrooms. However, there are hardly any test rides of this. The sheer apathy to this bike is puzzling, as it is one of the most sensible and practical bikes in the market today

Note from Mods: Please continue the discussion in the Ride Report thread

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th July 2013 at 16:07. Reason: Adding a closing note + link to new thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks