Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2008, 18:14   #31
BHPian

Wow! Those bikes really look hot!
Old 8th September 2008, 19:36   #32
BANNED

Chasis looks strong and can see RD gear box installed upside down, BTW which engine is it.How she handels and is it RD clutch box able to handle the torque dveloped by this big engine.
Old 8th September 2008, 20:05   #33
BHPian

saw the videos on you tube about the bike. very good effort.
Old 8th September 2008, 20:37   #34
Senior - BHPian

Desideep that's one fantastic effort and truly deserve 5*s for it! I have read about his many years ago in a mag, name i don't remember. Do you have any info regarding the present condition of this bike? Are the photos of the bike in red colour shot by you?

This is one of the best car engine into bike conversions i have come across in India. The home brewn trllis frame looks cool, i bet it functions as well. They could've used a better rear tyre though. I remember the magazine guy mentioning that he was scared to corner with that car tyre at the back!
Old 8th September 2008, 21:10   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Desideep that's one fantastic effort and truly deserve 5*s for it! I have read about his many years ago in a mag, name i don't remember. Do you have any info regarding the present condition of this bike? Are the photos of the bike in red colour shot by you?

This is one of the best car engine into bike conversions i have come across in India. The home brewn trllis frame looks cool, i bet it functions as well. They could've used a better rear tyre though. I remember the magazine guy mentioning that he was scared to corner with that car tyre at the back!
Thanks a lot Sankar, this bike was featured in the Overdriver way back, and the man behind this is Jeevanjit SIngh from Chandigarh, i am not sure about the other blokes who were a part of the project, this was done in the college in MOGA, Punjab.

Regarding the Tyre i remember speaking to someone who was linked to the team, he said that the tyre was too expensive to buy thats why they had to opt for this one, as they also had to look for a 17 Inch or a 18 inch Wheel, and all this was very expensive. buying that kinda of stuff in 2002 2003 was kinda not posible for the team thats why they had to opt for the same.

Yes the guy who mentioned this was Adil Jal Darukhanawala i think. hehehe.

The bike is in a good condition but it is not being riden as it is in CHD, and you know what CHD police is like. no the bike pics were taken off from his orkut profile i remember.

i will try to find out more info about the bike on thursday when i go to chandigarh.
Old 8th September 2008, 21:50   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
Thats fine if this is a old thread but still some one here said give him a break he is a student... i think he should have been a lil bit creative.
let me show you some pics from Punjab Some Students of Mechanical Diploma did this
Hey., I know that guy in the second pic..dunno his name but he used to come to my mech who used to work on my RD 350 in chandigarh..i rem he plonked a 1000cc engine on one of the bikes and had come to my mech to get something done..that was some time back in 2004..good to see he had kept up his passion on change bike engines..cheers:
Old 9th September 2008, 00:54   #37
BHPian

Hmm I wonder what he would register it as? A Car or a bike?
Old 9th September 2008, 03:21   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaniac View Post
If he would have been in Bangy..he should register that as a bike to save on the road tax and insurance..
Old 9th September 2008, 09:49   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats a good question. Whats in reality?

Its a good effort. The bike do look nice.

Hows he balancing that 1000cc engine
Old 9th September 2008, 14:09   #40
BHPian

this bike was made by jevanjit singh and is called G1
the guy as of now is the store manager of Frirefox bike station at Sec 22..gem of a fellow and a stuntsman!!
he used a gypsy engine with RD gearbox.
Old 9th September 2008, 17:43   #41
Senior - BHPian

This bike is not registered and is not on road aswell because of the CHANDIGARH administration.
Old 9th September 2008, 17:51   #42
BHPian

Quote:
This bike is not registered and is not on road aswell because of the CHANDIGARH administration.
Then probably what he should do is get the bike to karnataka, Next what the cops would do is, Stop him and admire his bike and ask him what make is it?
Then admire a bit more and let him go! .
Old 9th September 2008, 17:52   #43
BHPian

@ yamaniac : thanks for digging up the topic...yes nice effort from all the builders...at one point of time even I wanted to build a bike with a maruti 800 engine but back in 1998-1999 people used to think that I was crazy...later on I realised that it was rather difficult building a bike with a cars engine because both are designed very differently. Other, difficulties like mating the same with a gear-box and building a chassis which shall be adequately strong to hold the engine and the rest of the bike. Apart from that since a car engine is usually hidden under the hood it's not very aesthetically designed hence the bike would require a full fairing which would again make the bike look too much bloated up...well finally I left the idea as an idea only...
Old 9th September 2008, 17:59   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Then probably what he should do is get the bike to karnataka, Next what the cops would do is, Stop him and admire his bike and ask him what make is it?
Then admire a bit more and let him go! .
Acha i thought that in Bangy they are very strict they would also nail people with Expansion chambers on the 2 storokers... so how would actually they take this bad boy?
Old 9th September 2008, 18:18   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Acha i thought that in Bangy they are very strict they would also nail people with Expansion chambers on the 2 storokers... so how would actually they take this bad boy?
Well! noooo!! The last post actually meant that the cops here are dumb in the head.. And will eat S**t for money!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks