Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2010, 15:46   #61
BHPian

If properly worked out,this bike would be one of the fastest made Indian Bikes. I hope the owner does it.
Old 14th September 2010, 22:51   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Why would they want to use a quad front suspension? I've never heard such a suspension before. Frankly speaking, this is the first time I'm seeing a mototcycle with a quad front suspension. Why can't they build with stronger springs, viscous oil or inverted telescopic combinations, instead of quad front suspension. Its looking very odd!!! Any techy answer to this is appreciated.

Well the simple answer to why is that because he wanted it and he can do it.It was the owners and the workshop's decision."Style hai"
This was the answer what i got.

And frankly when you're doing a custom bike the answer to every "why" is "because i can".Simple.

Moreover where do you get stiffer springs in india? Moreover can you imagine the cost that it would set back the owner with.

This bike was made with a minimum Budget in mind.The owner is not a super rich kid.He's a simple working man.A great guy.

Every sunday the bike is worked serviced by the owner himself.There have been a few changes now.The exhausts are way better.Twin chromed like the Intruder.and some more tit bits have been changed.

But believe me if the bike is standing at a distance then no one can say its not a proper imported cruiser.The fit and finish is amazing and the integration of the Engine is amazing.Not like a bot on feel that you get in most of the mod jobs.This feels like a bike made in a factory.

The guys at Engineer Redefine are very good at thier work.I get most of the work on my bullet done from them.Good nice guys with very modest prices.
Old 14th September 2010, 22:56   #63
Senior - BHPian

This is a great effort indeed, does the maker rides it often? Any issues faced?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
only reason that they wanted to use local parts. & there are no beefy shocks made in India which can support the weight of this bike.
check out this link for more info in quad front shocks.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...estions-6.html
the world famous NEANDER 1400 TURBO-DIESEL uses quad front shocks too.
Attachment 423553
I hope it rides well too, if you notice, the shocks stator part are joined in NEANDER while in the M800 one they are not, which means if the two shock on same side &/or opposite side are not in sync you will have disaster waiting to happen.

Last edited by Technocrat : 14th September 2010 at 22:58.
Old 14th September 2010, 23:08   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
This is a great effort indeed, does the maker rides it often? Any issues faced?
Ridden nearly daily.This is his daily commute bike.
Old 15th September 2010, 08:41   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
I hope it rides well too, if you notice, the shocks stator part are joined in NEANDER while in the M800 one they are not.
from WIP pictures from magazine they look like they are joined.
Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
This bike was made with a minimum Budget in mind.The owner is not a super rich kid.He's a simple working man.A great guy.
The guys at Engineer Redefine are very good at thier work.I get most of the work on my bullet done from them.Good nice guys with very modest prices.
navpreet please post some hi-resolution pictures if you can.
& invite dee-zane & guys at workshop to team-bhp.

Last edited by jeepster : 15th September 2010 at 08:46.
Old 15th September 2010, 09:04   #66
Senior - BHPian

@Navpreet - Buddy, cool!!! I never said I didn't like or underestimated his effort or had a slightest doubt on skill. I only meant to say that, his motorcycle would've been more beautiful to have just 2 suspension in the front. And also just wanted to understand why wouldn't any alternatives (that I could think of) help instead of using quads.

Yes, I do strongly AGREE, its looking good, it looks like an imported cruiser & the efforts are more than appreciated.
Old 15th September 2010, 09:43   #67
Senior - BHPian

Aagree i just stated the answer to your why question.I hope you didn't take the tone of the reply as a harsh one.It was never meant to be.

Its a simple thought that i believe in.The question "Why" always has only one answer-"Because i can".No technicalities.No other explanations.

Jeepster I will try and get them to tbhp but these are rather old school guys with less of the internet thingy.Will try and get some nice pics next time i meet up with them though.

Last edited by navpreet318 : 15th September 2010 at 09:47.
Old 15th April 2012, 00:30   #68

Re: Photo report of a Bike with an 800 engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
steel rhino from dehradoon.
owner Dee-zane Pamei, made by Engineering redefined workshop.
  • m 800 engine
  • rd350 GB
  • quad front shocks
  • 24l tank
  • 185 km/h tested speed

source BIKE India - India's no. 1 two-wheeler magazine
MODS picture taken from magazine. please delete if required.

Sorry for reposting in this thread.............but I am really interested in getting touch with the people from Engineer Redefined , Dehradun.

The Steel Rhino is a runaway success for its owner,
Now one of my friend's is also interested in a custom chopper with specs like that of this bike.

I need some specifications:
1.What bike chassis has been used ?- I guess a Bullet.My friend believes in getting an auctioned Army bullet for this job.

2.Is the fuel tank built, or is sourced from another bike ?

3.What are the size of those tyres ?

4, How can this engine be mounted so precisely without any loss of stability for the bike- its a very neat job.

5.Can the people behind Steel Rhino build custom choppers like this on request or share their knowledge for assisting a similar venture ?

6.Also, my friend hopes to use the Tata Nano engine- which would be the diesel version to get it done on fuel front too with the torque a chopper should have.....

7. Finally, how much did the Steel Rhino cost to be built up ?

Need just information for, so if I get any contact(email or website ) of the people behind the Steel Rhino, it would be great.
Old 15th April 2012, 20:57   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH50 View Post
The Steel Rhino is a runaway success for its owner,
Now one of my friend's is also interested in a custom chopper with specs like that of this bike.

I need some specifications:
1.What bike chassis has been used ?- I guess a Bullet.My friend believes in getting an auctioned Army bullet for this job.

IMO its a rd350 chassis

2.Is the fuel tank built, or is sourced from another bike ?

custom hand made.

3.What are the size of those tyres ?

no mention of rim size but 140 fromt & 170 rear. (IMO they look like 15" or 17")

4, How can this engine be mounted so precisely without any loss of stability for the bike- its a very neat job.

hmmm..

5.Can the people behind Steel Rhino build custom choppers like this on request or share their knowledge for assisting a similar venture ?

they have a workshop so i think they can do another project.

6.Also, my friend hopes to use the Tata Nano engine- which would be the diesel version to get it done on fuel front too with the torque a chopper should have.....

tata nano dosenot have diesel engine, yet.

7. Finally, how much did the Steel Rhino cost to be built up ?

4L+.

Need just information for, so if I get any contact(email or website ) of the people behind the Steel Rhino, it would be great.

they have not provided any contact.
my reply in bold.

IMO you should look at many custom bike builder in India.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...r-charged.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...-engine-2.html

www.vardenchi.com/

Rajputana Custom Motorcycles | Facebook

Dreamriders-custom motorcycles,custom bikes,custom modification,choppers,modification,performance enhancement

custom motorcycle builder India,Custom Bullet Modification in Delhi,Indian motorcycle Modification, chopper Royal Enfiled in india, cruiser motorcycle in Delhi, custom made bikes in Delhi, Indian chopper bikes,Royal Enfiled redesign in india,custom m

Vegachoppers.com - custom royal enfield choppers in India
rgds,
Nikhil
jeepster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2013, 00:01   #70
BHPian

I thought about fitting a car engine, precisely Maruti 800 in a bike since years!

And recently on seeing the low cost of Army Disposal Bullets (Under 25k), even I would be keen to take up a project as such!

And like MACH50 here, I too think, it would be much better to use a Tata Nano Engine.

I am just a kid (19), and have only imagined such stuff or seen on tbhp or TV.

But I don't understand, why are the expenses so high?

Used Maruti 800 Engines go for under 5k (As per my Mechanic), used Bikes should be 25-50k.
Then why is the Steel Rhino costing 4l+

IMO, Such projects make sense only when one has something REALLY nice (American Chopper Creed), really powerful (100hp+) or really cheap (under 60-70k)
The steel Rhino seems to have none! Then whats the feasibility of such projects? o.O
Old 8th June 2013, 17:51   #71
Team-BHP Support

Nothing beats this, I suppose. Found this floating in FB.

Photo report of a Bike with an 800 engine-945712_10200125223918088_1472598409_n.jpg
Samurai is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th June 2013, 20:30   #72
BHPian

^^^ My god in my dreams also I can never think of having a complete tractor with the integrated hood in a bikes frame and if this is no edited pic then kudos to the designer to be able to do this and it still looks like a bike.
Is the tractor a massey fergusson one?
The tyres they can seriously pluck mud.
This is simply unbeatable. Imagine the torque a tractor engine creates and that being transferred to one single rear wheel of the bike.
Old 11th June 2013, 00:10   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Nothing beats this, I suppose. Found this floating in FB.

Attachment 1094211
Wow what a ride... imagine plonking it into first gear, what kind of a torque it will have... Viberations will be monstorous... but shatters tale bone and lower back would be the only side effect, I guess!!!
Leepower is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks