Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2013, 10:28   #31
BHPian

Re: Bad Experience: Booking an Enfield Classic 500 at the Bangalore Brand Showroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron.head View Post
Good Luck with your new ride! You are now part of a legacy!

Find out the PDI list and run-in your bike nicely! C5 is much improved now than the initial bikes which were manufactured and I am hopeful that you will have a niggle free ride(even showroom people will not goof up with you on that!).

Cheers!
Thanks, one of the first thing I did after booking the ride was to down load the same, need to give it a good look now.
Old 11th April 2013, 15:06   #32
BHPian

Re: Bad Experience: Booking an Enfield Classic 500 at the Bangalore Brand Showroom

I have been through a similar experience around this January. Wanted to buy the Bull but the showroom experience was one of the worst I have ever had. The SA seemed to have a 'I Don't Care' attitude and the waiting periods were simply too crazy. I also asked if I would get some price protection, which was replied in the negative.

Off I go to the Bajaj showroom and they promise to deliver the bike in 7 days flat post my payment. They were also very helpful in getting Finance for the bike.

Its been a little over a month now with the 200NS and am really happy with my decision.

If RE is reading this please remember that Indian Customers cannot be taken for granted.
Maverick1977 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 15:37   #33
BHPian

@RSimonS: People endure such insane irrationality when they are in love. Looks like you are in love with RE .

Given the product quality and customer service, it is a miracle that this company is still alive. Perhaps it is the irrational love of fans like yourself that kept this company alive, and it is really foolish of RE to stretch it so far and piss you off.

Good Luck,
Su-47
Su-47 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 20:44   #34
BHPian

Hi Iron. Head. I don't mean to pester. But just seeking help. I am from Andaman islands. We don't have royal enfield showroom here. There's a guy who gets it from kolkata for people interested in buying one.
I booked my TBTS 500 on Dec 19th 2012. I've settled full payment. As there's no dealer we don't have the luxury of booking by paying 5000 as advance. Minimum booking amount is 50, 000/- but as I said I've paid in full.
I was told it'll be delivered by jan then came feb then march, then april and so on. Still no sign of the bike.

Last week I was told by the local guy that the kolkata dealer has not been allotted TBTS bike by the factory yet.

Is there a way you can help me?
Old 11th April 2013, 23:23   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinegopi View Post
Hi Iron. Head. I don't mean to pester. But just seeking help. I am from Andaman islands. We don't have royal enfield showroom here. There's a guy who gets it from kolkata for people interested in buying one.
I booked my TBTS 500 on Dec 19th 2012. I've settled full payment. As there's no dealer we don't have the luxury of booking by paying 5000 as advance. Minimum booking amount is 50, 000/- but as I said I've paid in full.
I was told it'll be delivered by jan then came feb then march, then april and so on. Still no sign of the bike.

Last week I was told by the local guy that the kolkata dealer has not been allotted TBTS bike by the factory yet.

Is there a way you can help me?
I can forward your concern but since you are not directly associated with the purchase, I am not sure how much RE can help you.

Is this local guy reliable? Has he delivered any RE bike to any buyer recently?

You should try asking him about booking details of your bike and name of the dealer.

I will try to find out about the availability and waiting periods of TB500 in Kolkata and can help you more after you provide further details.

Cheers!

Edit: How do you get RE's registered in Andaman islands? Is it legal to drive RE's procured from India there?

Last edited by iron.head : 11th April 2013 at 23:30. Reason: addition
Old 12th April 2013, 00:36   #36
BHPian

I booked my Classic Desertstorm 500 at Dhone Automobiles in Pune in Jan 2012... I personally went there in November-end 2012, then they told be to get the cash ready and when my bike arrives they will inform me... Well I got the cash ready, but the bike was not where in sight... I don't have the time, nor the inclination to go to their showroom again and again, I still havn't cancelled my booking and now its April, but I still havn't got my bullet...

Last edited by Leepower : 12th April 2013 at 00:43.
Old 12th April 2013, 01:12   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leepower View Post
I booked my Classic Desertstorm 500 at Dhone Automobiles in Pune in Jan 2012... I personally went there in November-end 2012, then they told be to get the cash ready and when my bike arrives they will inform me... Well I got the cash ready, but the bike was not where in sight... I don't have the time, nor the inclination to go to their showroom again and again, I still havn't cancelled my booking and now its April, but I still havn't got my bullet...
If you still want to buy an enfield, please check with the showroon again. If your bike has still not arrived, PM me your booking details etc and I will forward it to the concerned people.
Old 12th April 2013, 06:08   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron.head View Post

I can forward your concern but since you are not directly associated with the purchase, I am not sure how much RE can help you.

Is this local guy reliable? Has he delivered any RE bike to any buyer recently?

You should try asking him about booking details of your bike and name of the dealer.

I will try to find out about the availability and waiting periods of TB500 in Kolkata and can help you more after you provide further details.

Cheers!

Edit: How do you get RE's registered in Andaman islands? Is it legal to drive RE's procured from India there?
Yes the local guy is reliable. He's the only one who delivers RE to people here.

Andaman is a part of India. It is completely legal to drive RE procured from India. In fact all vehicles sold in these islands are brought by ships from India. Then registered here in RTO.
However in my case as there's no dealer, the guy buying it for me purchases it from kolkata in his name then as soon as it lands in andaman ownership is transferred to the original buyer....that would be me.
There's no problem with the guy, he's reliable.
I just wanred that you would be able to help me in some way or other to get the bike delivered soon.

I'll try to get the booking details and name of the kolkata dealer.
Old 12th April 2013, 11:00   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Leepower,

I have contact details (email IDs as well as phone nubers) of Mr. Dhone (owner of Dhone auto) as well as the RE Sales Manager for Maharashtra. Let me know if you need them. I can PM to you.
A quick email may help you...

BTW, as I understand, you already have a CI 350. Any reasons specific reasons for shifting to C5?

Cheers and happy thumping!
bulletboy76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2013, 12:04   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Iam not sure if this a country wide problem or Hyderabad is the most beautiful place to buy a bullet

Yesterday, I went to fit something ( keep a look out for a new thread on this subject) to my BULL in a brand new dealership that opened on March 14th and is 200 meters away from home

I was checking the delivery dates and this was what they said :-

Classic 500 (Chrome or Basic) : 30 days-45 Days but, will be delivered in 30 days in all probability

Classic 350 : 4months-6 Months

TB 500 : 30 Days

TB 350 : Dont remember now but, wasnt excruciating wait like most of you guys quoting from all over the country

If I speak to them using some of my references, I can get above deliveries even faster

Last edited by mobike008 : 12th April 2013 at 12:05.
Old 12th April 2013, 13:25   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I was checking the delivery dates and this was what they said :-

Classic 500 (Chrome or Basic) : 30 days-45 Days but, will be delivered in 30 days in all probability

Classic 350 : 4months-6 Months

TB 500 : 30 Days

TB 350 : Dont remember now but, wasnt excruciating wait like most of you guys quoting from all over the country

If I speak to them using some of my references, I can get above deliveries even faster

Just booked TBTS - Wait is 10 months in Mumbai for 350 & 500 both

Classic 350 & 500 is 8 months and 6 months respectively.
Old 12th April 2013, 15:24   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
Just booked TBTS - Wait is 10 months in Mumbai for 350 & 500 both. Classic 350 & 500 is 8 months and 6 months respectively.
Ridiculous wait periods. Iam sure RE is riding on a renewed wave of popularity but, if this waiting period goes on people will shift their loyalties

Swift D was one such example now its available off the shelf. Hope RE will follow suit in coming years
Old 12th April 2013, 17:46   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Ridiculous wait periods. Iam sure RE is riding on a renewed wave of popularity but, if this waiting period goes on people will shift their loyalties

Swift D was one such example now its available off the shelf. Hope RE will follow suit in coming years

I completely agree. I am actually amazed by the patience I have developed after I have reached mid-thirties .

But I have also told myself 10 months is a long time. If something new and something better comes in my way till then, then the 5000 booking amount comes back to me and utilised for another equivalent.

My dealer gave me a talk about new plant opening and all that humbug and so the waiting period might be reduced. I am waiting to see the results.
Old 12th April 2013, 18:07   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
My dealer gave me a talk about new plant opening....
Earlier they used to talk about the lockout happened at the factor and subsequent delays, then also they used to mention about the new factory that is coming up, but seems it is also like RE delivery, takes its own sweet time.

I was told by someone that the monthly allotment of bike to a dealership is dependent on the numbers in the corresponding period in previous year and hence waiting period would be more for new showrooms, HYD showroom seems to be an exception to that case as well.

Hope HD will come out with an easy on pocket bike soon... Then only this monopoly will come under threat.
Old 12th April 2013, 19:22   #45
BHPian

Dear RSimoms - Finally what happened? Has someone responded to your complaint? Did they communicate to you the new date of delivery etc? Feb is gone long back its April now..

Cheers

PPS

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks