Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2013, 20:19   #31
BHPian

Re: Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer kumar View Post
The only issue is that if the 500 too is a CKD then the prices too would be north. I personally feel that the CBR's being made in India dont have the fit and finish that one would expect from a Honda, and then the issues of paint and plastic quality is a lot to be desired. Also with an increase of 200 cc over ninja you are only getting around 9 bhp more.
Apparently the CBR would produce about 54BHP(US Unrestricted), so that's 15BHP more. The power figures mentioned in most places are for the EU restricted ones.
But the CBR is still about 30kg+ heavier, which would make the power to weight ratio almost same as the N300, less flickable and if the power delivery is anything like the CBR250..it won't be as much fun as the 300.

The thing that's bothering me now is the Autocar review, it says the top speed is 168kmph; but there is a video on YouTube which shows the top speed closer to 190kmph! I mean why in the name of hell would they detune the engine for India? What purpose does that serve? It's not like we have any restrictions here..

Edit:

Also there seems to be some good news regarding the deliveries, quoting from xBHP

Quote:
500 units of the Ninja 300 already in India for sale.
Since there are about 70 showrooms in India, and with an average of 7-8 bookings per showroom, the bikes we are waiting for might already be being dispatched!

Last edited by sarsh11 : 13th April 2013 at 20:24. Reason: Extra Information
sarsh11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2013, 11:09   #32
BHPian

Quote:
The only issue is that if the 500 too is a CKD then the prices too would be north. I personally feel that the CBR's being made in India dont have the fit and finish that one would expect from a Honda, and then the issues of paint and plastic quality is a lot to be desired. Also with an increase of 200 cc over ninja you are only getting around 9 bhp more.
I agree that it will have 9-10 off more BHPs and 400 ones will come in at 40 odd BHPs (speculative). I think we need to wait for the launch to see this, i just hope this happens in 2013 sometime ... don't want to wait for one more year for this.

Me cant get over this ninja's pricing yet... I guess they need to see 650 more so they pushed the 300's price...

Even the salesmen are apologetic about the price in probiking...
Old 15th April 2013, 20:38   #33
BHPian

Waiting to lay my hands on my Green Ninjette. In the mean while have started collecting accessories. Got my paddock stand today.
Old 16th April 2013, 06:10   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Waiting to lay my hands on my Green Ninjette. In the mean while have started collecting accessories. Got my paddock stand today.
Sorry could not upload the photograph yesterday. Here it is today.
Attached Thumbnails
Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs-20130415_203511.jpg  

Old 16th April 2013, 14:59   #35
BHPian

@sameer , if you don't mind can you reveal the prices. Can this be used for cbr 250r?
Old 16th April 2013, 15:47   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhilash95 View Post
@sameer , if you don't mind can you reveal the prices. Can this be used for cbr 250r?
Absolutely they go with any bike. If you see closely this is a universal type of paddock where you dont have to install any Bobbins ( Hence save money on them). Here the bikes swing arm rests on the rubber coated supports. Since the supporting 'L' shaped rest is adjustable it can de used for any bike. I got it couriered from Mumbai paid 3K plus shipping for them.
Attached Thumbnails
Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs-14999887941339854297.jpg  

sameer kumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2013, 07:07   #37
BHPian

An interesting article I found on MotorcycleUSA.com today am posting the same

Quote:
Last decade the entry-level sportbike class in the United States was a one-bike show. Novice riders could have any bike they wanted, as long as it was Kawasaki’s Ninja 250. Now as manufacturers clamor for market share of coveted new riders, the once stagnant beginner bikes are finally benefitting from R&D attention. The result for consumers is a more robust offering of small-displacement mounts, with the promise of more on the way (see sidebar).
Kawasaki’s Ninja 250 reigned unchallenged for years as the quarter-liter sportbike in America. It faced zero direct competition from Kawasaki’s Big Four rivals, despite the little Ninja’s obvious popularity. Instead, manufacturers seemed content to chase the higher margins afforded by the larger displacement Supersport and Superbike classes. Then the motorcycle market crashed, with the sportbike segment high-siding… Now as the market stabilizes, more manufacturers see wisdom (or is it necessity?) of producing fun, affordable bikes to court a new generation of riders.
Honda was the first to challenge Kawasaki with its CBR250R. The 2011 model year debut showcased some of Honda’s engineering might – with features like the off-set cylinder head on its liquid-cooled Single. It also offered big-ticket newbie-friendly features like optional ABS and linked braking. While it thankfully provided sportbike initiates with a second option, it couldn’t displace the Kawasaki in our 2011 CBR250R vs. Ninja 250R comparison.
Two years after the CBR affront, Kawasaki delivers its Ninja 300, powered by a now-296cc Parallel Twin. Those extra 47 cubes impressed during the 300’s First Ride introduction late last year. But the other redesign changes and additions on the Ninja, like its slipper clutch, make this Kawasaki a comprehensively better bike than its predecessor.
For the complete review, see the link below:

Source: http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/9/1598...a-CBR250R.aspx

Note from Team-bhp Support team: Do not copy paste an entire review from a website. Quote relevant sections and mention a source.
Attached Thumbnails
Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs-picture2.jpg  

Last edited by moralfibre : 18th April 2013 at 10:04. Reason: See note in post.
Old 22nd April 2013, 16:25   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarsh11 View Post
The thing that's bothering me now is the Autocar review, it says the top speed is 168kmph; but there is a video on YouTube which shows the top speed closer to 190kmph! I mean why in the name of hell would they detune the engine for India? What purpose does that serve? It's not like we have any restrictions here..
I managed to ride the Ninja for a good distance, and I'd say don't worry about the top speed. The aerodynamics are so good, you need not be sleeping on the tank. This bike can do 180+ everyday! And the refinement on this bike- its just something else. Not sure how many bikes feel so refined at the redline as the N300. Just a fabulous piece of engineering. But alas, the price :(

Note from Support - Please do not attempt or post about high speeds unless it was achieved on a closed road or a race track.

Last edited by n_aditya : 22nd April 2013 at 19:22. Reason: post edited
Old 22nd April 2013, 17:01   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsurge View Post
I managed to ride the Ninja for a good distance, and I'd say don't worry about the top speed. This bike can do 180+ everyday! And the refinement on this bike- its just something else. Not sure how many bikes feel so refined at the redline as the N300. Just a fabulous piece of engineering. But alas, the price :(
Would you buy this bike or put in 1.5 L more (assuming like most of us you would buy it on EMIs) and buy the N650?

Last edited by n_aditya : 22nd April 2013 at 19:22. Reason: quoted text edited
Old 22nd April 2013, 17:55   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Would you buy this bike or put in 1.5 L more (assuming like most of us you would buy it on EMIs) and buy the N650?
If money is not an issue- then why not, I'd certainly buy. This money calculation is a funny thing- at 5.5 lacs if I get a N650, I'd put in a lac more and get a well maintained inline 4, then 2 lacs more and I can get a litre bike. So depends on person to person how he perceives value of a motorcycle.

At least looking at the N300, if one even happens to buy it- yes, its an expensive motorcycle. But it feels so damn worth it. I happened to click a pic of the monoshock linkages, its just so well finished considering that buyers won't bother to look there.

For example look at this (the Hyosung GT650R linkages on a bike costing close to 6 lacs)

Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs-147831.jpg

And the Ninja 300.

Bajaj Probiking Launches The Kawasaki Ninja 300 @ Rs. 3.50 Lakhs-147832.jpg
Source

See the difference in finishing. Anyways, my point is that if someone who isn't bothered about cost and happens to buy the N300 won't feel that he has brought an overpriced bike - the quality is just so impeccable.

Note from Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Please click here to view our simple help article on uploading pictures.

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd April 2013 at 14:05. Reason: Please take a look at the mod note that has been added to the end of your post.
pulsurge is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2013, 18:09   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely they go with any bike. If you see closely this is a universal type of paddock where you dont have to install any Bobbins ( Hence save money on them). Here the bikes swing arm rests on the rubber coated supports. Since the supporting 'L' shaped rest is adjustable it can de used for any bike. I got it couriered from Mumbai paid 3K plus shipping for them.
From where in Mumbai? i would like to pick these up too.
Old 22nd April 2013, 19:19   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would put in the extra 1.5L and buy the 650. Assurance of the same peace of mind, country wide service and continuity of Bajaj. All the things that are missing in my other favorite, the Harley. Plus it won't hit every pothole. And I get 72 PS of horsepower instead of the 39. And 64NM of torque instead of the 27.

It's just double the bike and double the fun... for just a little more.
Old 22nd April 2013, 19:25   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
I would put in the extra 1.5L and buy the 650. Assurance of the same peace of mind, country wide service and continuity of Bajaj. All the things that are missing in my other favorite, the Harley. Plus it won't hit every pothole. And I get 72 PS of horsepower instead of the 39. And 64NM of torque instead of the 27.

It's just double the bike and double the fun... for just a little more.
Those are all numbers bro. But numbers rarely tell you the entire story.

From whatever I have read by the foreign bikers/writers, they find the 250/300 exciting and describe them in superlatives, but are equally ho hum about the 650.

I guess its what you want from your bike and how you perceive "value" for the money you are spending.
ebonho is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2013, 19:37   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess its what you want from your bike and how you perceive "value" for the money you are spending.
Very true. It's a personal thing. In my opinion, anybody buying a Ninja (whether a 650 or a 300) is not buying a daily commuter bike. The markets are wide open for that. That biker wants to upgrade to a lifestyle that was not easily reachable a few years back. But being a value conscious Indian customer, I also want full bang for my buck. I want my bike to be company serviceable in small towns like mine (Meerut). I want it to easily cross the rough patches in my upcountry roads. I also want it leaving me fulfilled for a long time. I don't want to end up feeling a need for upgrade 6 months down the line, after the initial euphoria dies down, that why did I not go for the bigger capacity sibling, which had all the inherent benefits.

Maybe that's why 1.5L extra is a small price to pay now...
Old 23rd April 2013, 08:44   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsurge View Post
If money is not an issue- then why not, I'd certainly buy. This money calculation is a funny thing- at 5.5 lacs if I get a N650, I'd put in a lac more and get a well maintained inline 4, then 2 lacs more and I can get a litre bike. So depends on person to person how he perceives value of a motorcycle.

At least looking at the N300, if one even happens to buy it- yes, its an expensive motorcycle. But it feels so damn worth it. I happened to click a pic of the monoshock linkages, its just so well finished considering that buyers won't bother to look there.
You are right brother as i commented in my posts before you can buy a Maruti and you can buy a BMW. But item to item neither can maruti match the quality nor the refinement of a BMW. Lets not talk about the monitory value, who stops Indian companies to produce quality products. See our very own TATA it self. Some manufacturers are way beyond the crowd in the market today. So when one has the capacity then why not go in for the best which can be afforded rather than go with the herd.

Note from Support - Please avoid quoting an entire lengthy post as it inconveniences our mobile and small screen users.

Last edited by n_aditya : 23rd April 2013 at 11:36.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks