Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2013, 20:36   #1
BHPian

Restoration Project: '96 Yezdi 350 Twin

Just started the restoration of the Y 350 Twin [1996] .Will be posting further pics as work progresses. Anybody out there with a wiring diagram for this bike?
I would be most grateful for a copy.
Attached Thumbnails
Restoration Project: '96 Yezdi 350 Twin-dsc00869.jpg  

Restoration Project: '96 Yezdi 350 Twin-dsc00870.jpg  

Restoration Project: '96 Yezdi 350 Twin-dsc00871.jpg  

Restoration Project: '96 Yezdi 350 Twin-dsc00872.jpg  

Restoration Project: '96 Yezdi 350 Twin-dsc00873.jpg  

Collector is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th April 2013, 19:25   #2
BHPian

Re: Restoration Project: '96 Yezdi 350 Twin

Nice project!
I guess parts are rare to comeby for these machines as they sold in few numbers.
I haven't seen one in flesh for like 15 years now.
Old 29th April 2013, 19:55   #3
BHPian

Parts are extremely difficult to obtain. One of the reasons that the bike has been in bits for around 5 yrs! When I purchased it at that time it had been unused for around 2 yrs due to non functional eletronics.I got it running but found that it was not charging the battery.On further investigation found that the rectifier,regulator and other misl bits were missing completely.Luckly Prashant from Bangalore was able to give me a complete magneto with all prepheral bits. I was also able to obtain equavelant piston rings [ compression was low before but the pistons were not worn] so hopefully I should have a sweetly running bike soon.
Old 29th April 2013, 22:00   #4
BHPian

Great Thread Sir. Would love to see the progress. Facebook pages are the best place for Y350 Bikes.. [3 Bikers Jawa Yezdi Club etc]. You should be able to find spares at Mysore.
Old 30th April 2013, 12:18   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruncheloor View Post
You should be able to find spares at Mysore.
You will also be able to find New-Old stocks of Roadkings at the factory shed. The problem is no matter how much you coax them to sell it, they won't. They talk about some impending auction that was first slated to happen in 2001, but never did!

Great thread. Love to see a Yezdi breath life again.
Old 30th April 2013, 14:04   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueintrepid View Post
You will also be able to find New-Old stocks of Roadkings at the factory shed. The problem is no matter how much you coax them to sell it, they won't. They talk about some impending auction that was first slated to happen in 2001, but never did!
This is very interesting to read mate, would you have any leads or you know people hoarding the spares up? To the best of my knowledge which many Yezdi & Jawa enthus will back me, the entire factory was brought down and in its place you have flats built.

But if there is something you know do let me know the details and I will venture into it.

@Collector,
Would be following your thread eagerly and very nice to see a Y350 getting restored. You are quite an interesting character RD350, Y350 What next? Would it be the Fury?

Last edited by ku69rd : 30th April 2013 at 14:13.
Old 30th April 2013, 14:12   #7
BHPian

+1 to Ku69rd

The spares were sold off in an open auction somewhere in mid 2000-2010. The machinery and land was sold to direct buyers. The factory is no more.
Old 30th April 2013, 15:01   #8
BHPian

I was there in May of 2003.

The factory shed was in the outskirts. Remember seeing about 80-100 bikes catching dust.

The watchman asked me to speak to somebody. I met this guy, left my number behind with the hope that he would give me a buzz at the time of auction. None of that happened. I now gather that the entire place has been transformed to a corporate jungle.

Wonder what happened to those Roadkings? Anybody living in and around Mysore should shed some light on this.
Old 30th April 2013, 20:07   #9
Senior - BHPian

Check with Mr. Chandrashekar Mohanram/ Mr. Ajay Nande for the wiring diagram. You can PM them via fb if you are using it.
Old 1st May 2013, 11:30   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
Check with Mr. Chandrashekar Mohanram/ Mr. Ajay Nande for the wiring diagram. You can PM them via fb if you are using it.
No Sir I am not a user of face book Is there any other way I could contact these gentelmen???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
This is very interesting to read mate, would you have any leads or you know people hoarding the spares up? To the best of my knowledge which many Yezdi & Jawa enthus will back me, the entire factory was brought down and in its place you have flats built.

But if there is something you know do let me know the details and I will venture into it.

@Collector,
Would be following your thread eagerly and very nice to see a Y350 getting restored. You are quite an interesting character RD350, Y350 What next? Would it be the Fury?
The factory premises were cleared out and the buildings and all contents sold. Unfortunatly even though I was actually in Mysore when this happened I did not come to know about it till much later. I missed picking up many different things including the 600cc 4 stroke Jawa racer that I had ridden for the Iranis/Ideal Jawa in the 70's.

It would be a Fury if I could lay my hands on one. I have been unsucesfully trying to find a reasonable machine but so far have missed out finding one. The ones that I have seen are either way to costly or are missing so many components that it would not be possable to get them running again.Since I dont have a Fury I am most likely to start on the Radjoot Runabout or the Bobby next.

Last edited by Collector : 1st May 2013 at 11:39.
Old 1st May 2013, 12:51   #11
BHPian

Hi collector

Any update on the bike. i also have a jawa 350 1986. picked up few engines , bores all the necessary parts when the factory was being wound up. will update snaps shortly.
bsa1955 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2013, 13:01   #12
BHPian

There was a guy called Henry in my class while I was in P.U. He had a Y350. Have been on a ride on it and it was awesome at that impressionable age. All the best Collector, keep us posted on the progress. The said guy now runs a two wheeler dealership in East Bangalore. I will ask him if he has any spares to spare for you..Bangalore is a good place for the spares of Jawa/Yezdi
Old 1st May 2013, 17:07   #13
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see another Yezdi coming to life. Good luck Collector. I did not know that the 350 was available in 1996.
Old 2nd May 2013, 10:32   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collector View Post
Since I dont have a Fury I am most likely to start on the Radjoot Runabout or the Bobby next.
The Bobby would be a good project to start off with, But considering the lineage you have in your garage would very strongly suggest you to get into a Fury. If there is anything that you feel I can help you with, please PM me.

Regarding contacting Chandrashekar do PM me if you are keen on getting in touch with him, shall PM you his email address and you can continue the discussion with him.
Old 2nd May 2013, 14:47   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collector View Post
No Sir I am not a user of face book Is there any other way I could contact these gentelmen???

The factory premises were cleared out and the buildings and all contents sold. Unfortunatly even though I was actually in Mysore when this happened I did not come to know about it till much later. I missed picking up many different things including the 600cc 4 stroke Jawa racer that I had ridden for the Iranis/Ideal Jawa in the 70's.

It would be a Fury if I could lay my hands on one. I have been unsucesfully trying to find a reasonable machine but so far have missed out finding one. The ones that I have seen are either way to costly or are missing so many components that it would not be possable to get them running again.Since I dont have a Fury I am most likely to start on the Radjoot Runabout or the Bobby next.
A lot of the parts were sold once they discovered there was some value in it,..till we got there an started carrying out parts, they were being crushed and scrapped :o. A bunch of use were regular visitors for about three months trying to get out as much as we could , by any means. Ive got most spares for my d type. A guy called nomad frm bangy picked up a few mz's , roadkings etc. There were 350 motors just lying arnd in the 350 assembly section. I have pics of that silver cz racer (not jawa imo) that youre talking about, apparently that along with some special yezdis and jawas were retained by the iranis im told, massive tank on the cz. This was no auction; the guys in charge started quoting idiotic rates as we managed to spread the word around, or they would say buy it or we scrap it. Finally we resorted to smuiggling stuff out, ive walked out with jikovs in my undies, . All in all a sad end to a magnificent factory.
howler is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks