Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2020, 21:47   #46

Re: Bluetooth Intercom / Headsets for Motorcyclists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Wow! Its a great fit. How's the sound quality? The helmet is really unique too. Mind sharing where you got it from, and price please? Thanks in advance
Hi, the sound quality is very good since my helmet was a snug fit and has little noise from outside. Voice clarity when you take calls is also very good and talking to your fellow riders is seamless.Only drawback which I forgot to mention is it answers the calls automatically after 3 rings, incase you don't want to answer certain calls it's a probelm.

Helmet model is LS2 stream which I got it here in Hyderabad from Gear up store MRP was 6500/- got it for 5800/- as me and my brother took one each of the same model.
TS09SRITOG is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 22:25   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS09SRITOG View Post
Hi, the sound quality is very good since my helmet was a snug fit and has little noise from outside. Voice clarity when you take calls is also very good and talking to your fellow riders is seamless.
Good to know. I was looking for something like this for my LS2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS09SRITOG View Post

Helmet model is LS2 stream which I got it here in Hyderabad from Gear up store MRP was 6500/- got it for 5800/- as me and my brother took one each of the same model.
I have exactly the same helmet. I got it from Probikers, Pune for 6500/-. I haven’t checked properly but does this helmet have speaker pockets?
Waspune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 22:45   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
Good to know. I was looking for something like this for my LS2.

I have exactly the same helmet. I got it from Probikers, Pune for 6500/-. I haven’t checked properly but does this helmet have speaker pockets?
Hi, good to know that you have the same helmet. Yes this helmet has speaker pockets, one can either stick it using the 3M sticker to stick the speaker or can use the Velcro which I felt is the better option so that it can be adjusted according to our ears. Both 3M sticker and Velcro comes with the intercom.

If you are getting the same headset please note while fixing the device use the 3M tape instead of the screw fitting as the padding inside the helmet won't give proper support for the external device. I tried using bigger screws but it didn't work, so sticked the device with the 3M tape and believe me it's better than the screw fixture.

Don't forget to run the speaker cables from behind the helmet padding and the mouthpiece.
TS09SRITOG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 19:22   #49
Senior - BHPian

Are there any extremely basic bluetooth headsets I can use just to talk to my helmeted pillion in noisy mumbai traffic ? I'm open to jugaads using phone apps and bluetooth hands-free or similar
Old 29th August 2020, 17:09   #50
BHPian

Hi guys I just got myself a sena 5S. Wanted to know, if you keep the device on the helmet all the time or do u take it off after rides? Thanks!
Old 30th August 2020, 00:13   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Are there any extremely basic bluetooth headsets I can use just to talk to my helmeted pillion in noisy mumbai traffic ? I'm open to jugaads using phone apps and bluetooth hands-free or similar
I've tried using this with some success - Intercom for Android

Works quite well but I stopped using it because my pillion got tired of wearing earphones.

Best plan would be to get yourself couple of cheap ones that don't have too much range/functionalities. E.g.: BT S3
Old 23rd September 2020, 20:14   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure if you have already bought something, but you can have a look at the below.

https://www.amazon.in/Fansport-Inter...t-items&sr=1-1

Its pretty basic and serves the purpose of speaking to your pillion. I have used a similar one in the past and we could clearly communicate even at speeds of ~75kmph on a RE. It has a music share option as well, but i would not recommend it for anything other than speaking to each other on a bike without having to turnaround or slowdown every time you need to talk. There's no noise cancellation and so if you are using an open face helmet, you will have to cover the mic with your hand and speak for better voice clarity.

I have ordered something similar again (Link below). There are a few sellers on amazon. While the price range varies (INR 1300 to INR 4500), it all looks the same product. I am expecting to receive the product by end of next month. Hope it works the same way as last time around.

https://www.amazon.in/KKmoon-Motorcy...s%2C306&sr=8-4
thepilgrim1424 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2020, 22:50   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepilgrim1424 View Post
Not sure if you have already bought something, but you can have a look at the below.

I have ordered something similar again (Link below). There are a few sellers on amazon. While the price range varies (INR 1300 to INR 4500), it all looks the same product. I am expecting to receive the product by end of next month. Hope it works the same way as last time around.

https://www.amazon.in/KKmoon-Motorcy...s%2C306&sr=8-4
Nice, brings back a lot of memories this one. Do let us know how this turns out to be.

Pretty convenient and VFM accessory this is. I used it on my leh ride with my wife. Works without a fuss and battery life was simply amazing though the sound was average at best but can't complain at that price. Only problem was that after a while it got irritating to get the wired setup on and off everytime we stopped, which happened a lot once we reached mountains. Eventually we gave it up for most of the ride and only used this when we knew there were no unexpected breaks for hours to come.

Since then, shifted to Sena 20S and the rides have never been the same. Unless one is really short pressed for budget, I'd recommend getting any decent sub 10k a pair kind of wireless/ bluetooth intercom just for the convenience factor.

edit - it cost me Rs. 850 in 2017
Attached Thumbnails
Bluetooth Intercom / Headsets for Motorcyclists-screenshot_20200923225305.jpg  

Last edited by camitesh : 23rd September 2020 at 22:57. Reason: Added image
camitesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 22:25   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by camitesh View Post
Nice, brings back a lot of memories this one. Do let us know how this turns out to be.
Helmet intercom
Bought it on Amazon, KKmoon Motorcycle Helmet Headset 2 Way Intercom for Motorbike Motorcycle Helmet Interphone Headphones with Mic, Brand : KKMoon

Link - https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07XDJR9QG/?tag=tbhp0e-21

Cost - INR 1,339/- Free delivery.
Customs duty – I paid nothing. The package however came along with Bill of Entry which stated the cost of the product at INR 948.17 and Duty at INR 398.99, which means the duty must have been paid. But I have not been asked to pay anything separately.

Delivery time – One of the fastest international shipments I have received. Booked on 23rd Sep 2020 and received on 4th Oct 2020. The estimated delivery time was end of October, I was pleasantly surprised I must say.

Performance
The main unit has 2 inputs for the intercom sets provided. It has an additional input for external audio/ phone to be connected through an aux cable provided. It runs on 2 AAA batteries.

Each of the Intercom inputs have a separate ON/OFF and volume switch so that you can control individually. The device performs the intercom function pretty well. The voice clarity has improved since the last one I have used, and the voice is loud enough to mask the traffic noise! In case it is too loud or otherwise, the volume button is helpful to adjust according to individual preference.

We can plug in our phone using the Aux cable and use it to listen to music or attend calls as well. But there is a weird noise that comes when we try making/ receiving calls, like when we get disturbance in radio signals. Further the voice clarity is not that great for calls. Also, since the audio is shared, the pillion can hear in on the calls (one way is to switch the connection OFF using the control switch, but you will have to do it every time a call comes in and turn it back on when you need to speak to the pillion). Only plus point is if you want the pillion also in the call, then it will be similar to a conference call but with lot of disturbance. Its not great to listen to music on this as well, the speaker (ear plug) is more suited for voice.
The ear plug is good, but kind of gets uncomfortable to use for a long time. It is not like the other helmet intercoms available in the market which sits in the helmet. This one is in the ear and hence it is painful to wear for a long time. Alternatively, you can plug in the helmet intercom’s speaker unit into the device’s input and use the same.

My take – useful for short distances/ duration as an intercom only. Not a very useful device for making calls or sharing music. Further, lot of wires to deal with. Takes a bit of patience to do it every time we hop on for a ride. If budget is not an issue, I'd recommend a basic intercom system that comes in pair which would be much better and comfortable.
Attached Thumbnails
Bluetooth Intercom / Headsets for Motorcyclists-1-packaging.jpg  

Bluetooth Intercom / Headsets for Motorcyclists-2-customs-assessment.jpg  

Bluetooth Intercom / Headsets for Motorcyclists-3-contents.jpg  

Bluetooth Intercom / Headsets for Motorcyclists-4-radio-box.jpg  

Bluetooth Intercom / Headsets for Motorcyclists-5-mess-contend-.jpg  

Bluetooth Intercom / Headsets for Motorcyclists-6-how-fits.jpg  

Bluetooth Intercom / Headsets for Motorcyclists-7-instructions.jpg  

thepilgrim1424 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 07:29   #55
Senior - BHPian

After the useless Parani fell off the helmet I'm going for a Sena. I'm looking at the EVO with video capability, not for 'vlogging' but as a record of the roads I'm taking. But the 50 series in the latest launch, and sound is supposed to be better with HD speakers. Video recording is very important to me right now, given the maniacal ways few drive/ride over here - but the unit is large and is slightly on the heavier side. It's also good to have on hand, what actually happened, in case of any accident. Request the experienced users here for suggestions?
Old 5th February 2021, 07:48   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
After the useless Parani fell off the helmet I'm going for a Sena. I'm looking at the EVO with video capability, not for 'vlogging' but as a record of the roads I'm taking. But the 50 series in the latest launch, and sound is supposed to be better with HD speakers. Video recording is very important to me right now, given the maniacal ways few drive/ride over here - but the unit is large and is slightly on the heavier side. It's also good to have on hand, what actually happened, in case of any accident. Request the experienced users here for suggestions?
Please don't. Get yourself a cardo packtalk Bold. Or any cardo for that matter. Sena is just marketing.

The evo or whatever is junk. Get a dedicated camera if you really want to capture stuff. Like the insta series or a gopro. These two in one units are all fail.

Last edited by Red Liner : 5th February 2021 at 07:50.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 09:16   #57
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, I'm also veering towards that line of thought. I'm shocked that SENA doesn't provide service in the country. I reached out to the dealer who raised his hand. Next I contacted their US office, they then redirected me to Parani and they told me that they got service in US. So if its broke, its toast. Does Cardo offer service in our Country?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Please don't. Get yourself a cardo packtalk Bold. Or any cardo for that matter. Sena is just marketing. The evo or whatever is junk. Get a dedicated camera if you really want to capture stuff. Like the insta series or a gopro. These two in one units are all fail.
Old 5th February 2021, 09:38   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, I'm also veering towards that line of thought. I'm shocked that SENA doesn't provide service in the country. I reached out to the dealer who raised his hand. Next I contacted their US office, they then redirected me to Parani and they told me that they got service in US. So if its broke, its toast. Does Cardo offer service in our Country?
No they don't. Nobody does. You are at the mercy of the dealer.

I personally think we are better off buying a chinese unit since "service" is universally devoid. And since they are so cheap, one doesn't care too much when and if they stopped working after a couple of years.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 10:16   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I personally think we are better off buying a chinese unit since "service" is universally devoid. And since they are so cheap, one doesn't care too much when and if they stopped working after a couple of years.
+1

I got a pair of Vimoto V8's from AliX for circa 5000 bucks sometime in 2018. Both units still going strong, giving me about 12 hours of continuous music+calls. They also pair with a Sena Universal Mesh if needed. I don't really see any reason to spend more.
roy_libran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 15:37   #60
BHPian

I was looking for a Bluetooth intercom. I usually ride solo or with my wife as pillion. I do not travel in groups. My needs are
1. Being able to interact with pillion clearly
2. Ability to share music with pillion
3. Great sound quality for music - I don’t play it loud.. I just like listening to mild music as if it is playing in the background.. But the quality of music (not the loudness) has to be great.
4. Take calls and listen to audio messages / Map directions etc.

I was looking to buy Sena SMH5 or the ASG SG5. However, seeing all the review comments i understand that these only serve as good intercoms and for answering calls. But has poor audio (music) quality and lacks service support.

I am now sceptical if i want to invest in one. I already have my 2 year old AirPods Pro. I initially did not want to use them while riding. But then since I don’t have anything else i tried wearing them couple of times during short 100kms ride. They initially would pop out of place while i put on my helmet which is snug fit. But then i got the hang of it. I wear le gear balaclava over my AirPods Pro and with few adjustments i could wear my helmet and AirPod Pro just stays intact. While taking off the helmet, the ear buds do pop out but the balaclava holds it from falling off completely.

I love the noise cancellation feature on my AirPods but while riding I turn off noise cancellation completely. Sound from passing vehicles are audible. Though the ambient sound does get filtered / muted to some extend, it doesn’t pose a big issue. It is similar to wearing a good quality earplug. Music quality is great and call quality is impeccable.

Only challenge i have is that Siri doesn’t work while inside my helmet. But then i use my Apple Watch and use Siri and sometimes touch to control the music, calls. But again it is highly inconvenient and sometimes very risky to operate such devices while on the go. I am planning to turn on auto answer and also create playlist so that i do not have to fiddle much with my watch.

I am really confused now if i really want to invest in a Bluetooth intercom. For now i want to keep using my AirPods and when things open up and i have a pillion rider, i might start my hunt for a good music Bluetooth with intercom device again.
Vikashmalya is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks