Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2013, 12:18   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Single-Peg Gear Shifters. Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Getting back to topic, suggest you to use one of these to make life easier for your shoes.
Thanks man! But what are those exactly? Some sort of cover for the shifter? Anyway, use the Pulsar for the daily commute so that has a heel shifter, shoes safe.

(PS: No recent rides, did Rajasthan after Assam/Arunachal, but even that was a long time ago, last year. Perhaps next year.)
Old 31st July 2013, 13:01   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Thanks man! But what are those exactly? Some sort of cover for the shifter? Anyway, use the Pulsar for the daily commute so that has a heel shifter, shoes safe.
Yes they are the rubber covers which are actually much softer and absorbs the impact on your formal shoes. Should be costing around 350-500 bucks based on the shop's grandeur.

Ahh RJ, must have been a good one? Did you write a TL? Would be very keen to know if you spent a night in Bhangarh Fort.
Old 2nd August 2013, 12:42   #48

I learn't riding on a radhjoot which had a toe shifter only. It had a small rubber cover which to some extent protects our shoe's. When i started using my Rx 100 which had both heel and toe shifter i use toe to shift down and heel to shift up sometimes i get false neutrals. If iam accelerating hard i use only toe shifter to shift up also.
Vehicles which have good torque which dont require frequent gear we can manage with toe only shift.

Last edited by Jaggu : 2nd August 2013 at 13:23.
Old 2nd August 2013, 16:02   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Yes they are the rubber covers which are actually much softer and absorbs the impact on your formal shoes. Should be costing around 350-500 bucks based on the shop's grandeur.
For those of you, who like me are confused about how these are used, here's a picture from another thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...717_142502.jpg

Thanks to BHPian yogisays0909 for posting that on his thread!
Old 9th August 2013, 16:48   #50
Senior - BHPian

Hello All,

I was used to classic 2002 Bajaj Pulsar 150 model's toe & heel gear shifts untill I bought a 2010 Pulsar 180 with toe-only gear shifter.

Initially the sporty sitting position, reverse gear shifting patterns & toe only gear lever created problems. But over the time, I got used to this & now toe only gear shifts are not a concern at all. Infact now I personally prefer toe-only gear shifters than the traditional onces.

But, damage to left shoe remains a bitter fact. In span of 10 months, I have managed to spoil two of my leather shoes. Luckily, I work in dustry (desk job) so I now ride between home / office wearing samdals (carry a pair of socks everyday) & leave my shoes at office.

Thanks,
Old 10th August 2013, 11:56   #51
BHPian

+1 Jignesh

On my Rxs I use toe shifter only, even if they have a heel shifter.
I have learnt using this technique and don't really enjoy the heel shifter.
Old 10th August 2013, 12:47   #52
BHPian

Nice thread.

The Honda unicorn used to come with double peg during initial roll out but I think after a year or so got changed to single peg shifter. One of the primary reasons for me to go for the unicorn in 2007 was the gear shifter. Me being in corporate relationship management with daily visits to clients didn't want to spoil my leather shoes or carry a shoe care kit with me for this.

I strongly feel the manufacturers should go back with this setting instead of keeping it as an option.

Last edited by Abhi_abarth : 10th August 2013 at 12:51.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks