Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2013, 13:48   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Honda CB Trigger : Ride Report & Pics

Err, do you think while leaning, it is the rear shocks which are more compressed? I don't think so. Rider at front, tank full of gas at front, braking from front.

I don't know & nor can I pin point, but the fat tire making the swing arm bush wear out just doesn't sound right Maybe something else is.
Old 18th July 2013, 14:28   #32
BHPian

Great Review!!

So Honda is back again with a much uglier bike.

Whatever happened to the Honda Design guys who designed the first generation CBZ's and Karizma's?

Also, the plastic quality on this one is really cheap, found it out when I took a test ride, it seems to be lifted from the Splendour as is.
Old 18th July 2013, 15:56   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Err, do you think while leaning, it is the rear shocks which are more compressed? I don't think so. Rider at front, tank full of gas at front, braking from front.
The rear end will get lighter and the front end get the weight. That's why no braking while turning.

Power slides are done on the rear wheel na!

Anurag.
Old 18th July 2013, 16:21   #34
Senior - BHPian

The evolution process:

Name:  unicorn.png
Views: 7965
Size:  136.6 KB

Name:  dazzler.png
Views: 33943
Size:  117.3 KB

Name:  trigger.png
Views: 15804
Size:  200.6 KB
parrys is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2013, 07:52   #35
BHPian

One thing I noticed is that the Trigger is lighter by 9kilos over the Unicorn!! Trigger is 137KG against 146KG of the Unicorn. That is a good thing for my puny body and fuel efficiency but I hope they didn't have to compromise on essential stuff in doing so.
Old 19th July 2013, 22:11   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, even at 40K kms, the 1st gen Apache was running brilliantly on the stock clutch plate where my friends Bajaj Pulsar required a change at 26-28k kms
My good old P180 still runs fine at 57k and 7 years , but on welded rusted exhaust .OEM battery lasted 6years without the use of kicker.I changed clutch once at around 38-40k. I have to agree that TVS have strong internals compared to pulsar.
Old 19th July 2013, 22:34   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
My good old P180 still runs fine at 57k and 7 years , but on welded rusted exhaust .OEM battery lasted 6years without the use of kicker.I changed clutch once at around 38-40k. I have to agree that TVS have strong internals compared to pulsar.
Even my P150 was running on stock clutch and sprockets when I sold it last years after 8 yrs,44k kms. It still returned 50+ kmpl in city and 57+ kmpl on the highway. I was so impressed with Bajaj, I upgraded to a P180 and I am happy.

PS: My last 4 bikes have been from the Bajaj stable and I have no complains. No offence to anyone.

Regarding the Trigger, saw the 1st one today and it was very ugly, a far cry from the handsome Unicorn. The tail-lamp seems like an after-market LED light box. Not impressed at all.
Old 20th July 2013, 01:09   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
but on welded rusted exhaust
I agree, I wonder what the reason for that is.
I have seen a quite a few Discovers & old gen Pulsars with a rusted exhaust (The chrome units especially).
In fact, the friend of mine I mentioned who had his clutch plate changed - his exhaust just rusted & fell apart (At the tip).
Old 23rd July 2013, 12:15   #39
BHPian

Oh, this looks like a tasteless aftermarket fitment design.
Parts look to be borrowed from various old bikes and fitted together to make a new bike.
Old 23rd July 2013, 13:02   #40
Senior - BHPian

One question. In comparison to the classic Unicorn, how is the low end torque? You have mentioned good low end torque but is it better than the old engine? I really wished that my Unicorn had better pickup. My Unicorn was a highway machine, I prefer my old CBZ for city commutes anyday because of better low end and amazing handling.
Old 8th August 2013, 12:00   #41
BHPian

Ok, when will Honda learn???
First things first, The Dazzler looked better than this one from the front, the headlight unit looked meatier, Trigger's HLU looks a modified Unicorn's.
The tank on the Trigger looks better (fz-ish) but again the air vents are only so so. The rear is an improvement though.
Now, I am having a hard time in understanding what HMSI is actually trying to pull-off here??
They have the age-old Unicorn which is selling good numbers. The Unicorn already belongs to the commuter segment, so why are they planning to add another bike to the commuter segment?? Why not go all the way to target the fz and pulsar?? I was waiting for the refreshed Dazzler, but Honda dissapointed me with almost the same bike. Why no clip-ons? Why double peg gear shifter? Why crap quality switch gear?? My 12 year old Activa has a better feel to it. Why such a boring exhaust?? And after all this what the f*** are you asking the premium for?? For the smooth Honda engine and a bit better reliability?? Sorry, but I may just end up getting the Unicorn for a lower price if I am really keen on a Honda badge.

The Trigger feels more of a competitor to Discover and SZ, rather than pulsar and fz. For enthusiasts who are looking for a 150cc micro-sports bike, have the -fz, pulsar, apache, Hunk (same Honda refined mill) as the options, but none from the Honda stable for the Honda fans (CBR 150r is a different story), sorry, but for some, Trigger does not qualify completely to this segment. But it is priced right in the fz territory, so HMSI is bound to fail again.

I am sorry if my tone does not feel right, quite frustated at Honda, and this is coming from an age-old Honda fan.
ahmad.007 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks