Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2013, 09:43   #61
BHPian

Re: Blue Angel - Resurrection of my Yamaha RD350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
The rear footpegs need to be modified for the installation, was not a very clean job. About the baffles, am baffled , they came with the exhausts, no idea about the details!!
No exhaust leak, right? Good for you! One option is spanking new (you heard me right!) with the baffles for $600 and other is used but in good condition without for $300.
Old 6th September 2013, 09:51   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindSpeeDs View Post
No exhaust leak, right? Good for you! One option is spanking new (you heard me right!) with the baffles for $600 and other is used but in good condition without for $300.
Yes, No exhaust leak! WOW, I would advice the brand new one's if budget is not a constraint as there is a slight tone difference in my exhaust note. The LHS has more treble and the RHS has more Bass.
Old 6th September 2013, 10:11   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Yes, No exhaust leak! WOW, I would advice the brand new one's if budget is not a constraint as there is a slight tone difference in my exhaust note. The LHS has more treble and the RHS has more Bass.
Can get nice chambers for that monies too.
So one has to be in the middle for the bass and treble to sound right :P
Old 6th September 2013, 12:09   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindSpeeDs View Post
R5s are known for better top end than the RDs even when done on an RD setup. Not going to be easy and will involve a bit more. Heard that the jetting can be reasonably easy though.
Mate,
Am not quite convinced that by a mere jetting that vehicle would be better off. R5 actually came with Piston Ports which were a step behind the reed valve step. The R5 came with a stock jetting of 125-135 compared to the RD's of 150-160 (US Specs). Indian RD came with even lesser Jets for the mileage conscious community we were.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2013, 15:26   #65
BHPian

Beautiful restoration MindSpeeDs! It is very evident that lots of time, effort and moolah has gone into the bike and the end result is just too good.

Loved those chambers. And the crank is drool-worthy too. Ride safe!
Old 6th September 2013, 16:35   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Mate,
Am not quite convinced that by a mere jetting that vehicle would be better off. R5 actually came with Piston Ports which were a step behind the reed valve step. The R5 came with a stock jetting of 125-135 compared to the RD's of 150-160 (US Specs). Indian RD came with even lesser Jets for the mileage conscious community we were.
Oops! I've not been clear. Yes, am aware of the piston ports/reed valve. setup difference between the R5 and RD. People have successfully used the RD barrels on the R5 and the vice versa too. Not an easy setup for sure but possible and with happy endings

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirbhan View Post
Beautiful restoration MindSpeeDs! It is very evident that lots of time, effort and moolah has gone into the bike and the end result is just too good.

Loved those chambers. And the crank is drool-worthy too. Ride safe!
Thanks! Crank and chambers - got the looks and are very good performers!
Old 12th September 2013, 10:51   #67
BHPian

A proof of what love makes you do
Superb stuff, and a neatly executed job. I just loved the matte black finish on the transmission case. The chrome twin exhausts looks damn macho on the 350. Wish today's bikes had this character and charisma
Anyways, I'm sure your 350 must be a hoot to ride now.
As your story goes regarding the RD350 since your childhood, the same story goes for me regarding the S10, since my childhood. First loves never die right?
Old 12th September 2013, 11:10   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevvMusic View Post
A proof of what love makes you do
Superb stuff, and a neatly executed job. I just loved the matte black finish on the transmission case. The chrome twin exhausts looks damn macho on the 350. Wish today's bikes had this character and charisma
Anyways, I'm sure your 350 must be a hoot to ride now.
As your story goes regarding the RD350 since your childhood, the same story goes for me regarding the S10, since my childhood. First loves never die right?
Thanks! Yeah, love and passion. Even I quite like the end result. A head turner with looks and performance.
Lovely to ride - loves the power band.

That's a sweet S10 you have. You bet!
Old 21st September 2013, 10:36   #69

Great restoration! Please could you let me know how to contact your mechanic in Hyderabad? I recently acquired a nice HT, but haven't found anyone reliable here so far. Thanks.
Old 5th February 2014, 22:07   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdsouza View Post
Great restoration! Please could you let me know how to contact your mechanic in Hyderabad? I recently acquired a nice HT, but haven't found anyone reliable here so far. Thanks.
Thanks, I saw this message only today. Will PM you the contact details.
Old 26th August 2017, 13:22   #71
o.D
BHPian

Would be amazing to hear em pipes at idle and in motion. Did you do anything new on the paint front? I think looked smashing in blue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks