Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2013, 14:34   #16
BHPian

re: Blue Angel - Resurrection of my Yamaha RD350

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindSpeeDs View Post
Thanks! That's one of BMWs shade of blue. Love it.
Sigh..rear set has another story. A friend and I picked a set each. He tries to install and figures out it can't be and sells his. Asks me to sell mine too. Sold it to a guy in Denmark and then check with Doug. He says he has spacers and brackets for an additional which will fit our RDs just fine. Picked up a couple more sets. Dumb! Isn't it
Hahaa! Hardly anything on such a build will be straight forward eh. so the brake pedal of the rear sets sits on the RD's OE knurled shaft? The actuating brake arm is OE RDs? Sorry to pick your brains so much. What about the gear shifter? Straight forward plug and play on the OE gear shaft?

Also, why rear sets for a stock seating position (seat and handle bar)? Is it comfy that way?

The front end is sweet. Adrian is also running the same set up right? Do you know anyone who has gone and put "dix" brake for the rear? Ideally on an 18inch spoked rim.

Cheers!

Last edited by wolfy : 16th August 2013 at 14:40.
Old 16th August 2013, 14:54   #17
BHPian

re: Blue Angel - Resurrection of my Yamaha RD350

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
Hahaa! Hardly anything on such a build will be straight forward eh. so the brake pedal of the rear sets sits on the RD's OE knurled shaft? The actuating brake arm is OE RDs? Sorry to pick your brains so much. What about the gear shifter? Straight forward plug and play on the OE gear shaft?

Also, why rear sets for a stock seating position (seat and handle bar)? Is it comfy that way?

The front end is sweet. Adrian is also running the same set up right? Do you know anyone who has gone and put "dix" brake for the rear?

Cheers!
I will let the pictures do the talking! There will be some waiting involved though More or less straight forward so long as you have the installation diagram.
Maybe make it a cafe racer later :P. Honestly, I went for them because of the looks. I need to sit a bit behind so as to get into a slightly comfy position. Tough for the pillion.
Adrian has some Yam front end mine is the P220. His bike's turning radius is a bit more though.

No. But do let me know if you come across!
Engine braking is what works mostly for my bike. Rear brakes are as good as not working, front is good but don't work when it hits the power band because the wheel is up most times!
Old 16th August 2013, 18:02   #18

Re: Blue Angel - Resurrection of my Yamaha RD350

Sweet looking bike!! Should've stolen it for a spin when Anto was busy looking at my bike!! Adman and Jags seem to have their 'reach' everywhere!! hehehee!!
Old 16th August 2013, 19:30   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_iceman View Post
Sweet looking bike!! Should've stolen it for a spin when Anto was busy looking at my bike!! Adman and Jags seem to have their 'reach' everywhere!! hehehee!!
You wouldn't have enjoyed the ride then . Which one is yours? Oh yeah, they are omnipresent
Old 16th August 2013, 19:36   #20

That is one good looking bike. Excellent choice of color. The bike looks as though it has just rolled off the assembly line

This is what is called 'Showroom Condition'

Good job Bro
Old 16th August 2013, 19:36   #21

The silver-blue TMD 379. Currently on a "strip it apart-clean/replace it-fix it back-spit polish rebuild".
the_iceman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2013, 10:39   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCHANG3L View Post
That is one good looking bike. Excellent choice of color. The bike looks as though it has just rolled off the assembly line

This is what is called 'Showroom Condition'

Good job Bro
Thanks! This is a pic on our way back to Hyd. A few hundred kms from Bang. The pipes had a nice mildly golden glow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_iceman View Post
The silver-blue TMD 379. Currently on a "strip it apart-clean/replace it-fix it back-spit polish rebuild".
Ah! The works. Should take a month or two?
Old 17th August 2013, 15:57   #23
BHPian

What a resurrection and what a write up. Precise but yet kept me stuck till the end. By the way the bike looks as if rolling out of the assembly line. Very nice job indeed. The delay was surely well paid off and the color choice is also brilliant. But haven't you thought of putting body stickers, the std RD sticker kit is pretty neat adds that character to the bike.
Happy Riding.
Old 18th August 2013, 11:43   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline Shooter View Post
What a resurrection and what a write up. Precise but yet kept me stuck till the end. By the way the bike looks as if rolling out of the assembly line. Very nice job indeed. The delay was surely well paid off and the color choice is also brilliant. But haven't you thought of putting body stickers, the std RD sticker kit is pretty neat adds that character to the bike.
Happy Riding.
Thanks!
Sometimes I feel like going for the decals and then again not able to decide if i like it this way better. Maybe a deeper shade of silver grey on this color should look good.
Old 19th August 2013, 14:11   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks!
Sometimes I feel like going for the decals and then again not able to decide if i like it this way better. Maybe a deeper shade of silver grey on this color should look good.
I think metal grey shade will look brilliant.There are quite a number or examples in the same shade on facebook Rd club. You can surely check and decide.
Old 19th August 2013, 22:21   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks!
Hi nice work on the bike, i had a similar shade done on my RD back in 2000, went for YAMAHA written in plain white letters on the tank and it looked good. Decals may spoil the look
Old 20th August 2013, 18:25   #27
BHPian

Goodness gracious! I have seen my share of restored RDs and ridden quite a few of them. But never have come across such a droolworthy piece. Still salivating. Specially at the chromed chamber. You just woke up my dormant dream of owning one!
Old 21st August 2013, 09:07   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline Shooter View Post
I think metal grey shade will look brilliant.There are quite a number or examples in the same shade on facebook Rd club. You can surely check and decide.
It has to be that shade or nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by autohead View Post
Hi nice work on the bike, i had a similar shade done on my RD back in 2000, went for YAMAHA written in plain white letters on the tank and it looked good. Decals may spoil the look
I'd even thought just the yamaha logo gel stickers. I do quite like Yamaha written instead of decals. Probably will either the gel stickers or YAMAHA. Maybe, both?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseller View Post
Goodness gracious! I have seen my share of restored RDs and ridden quite a few of them. But never have come across such a droolworthy piece. Still salivating. Specially at the chromed chamber. You just woke up my dormant dream of owning one!
Thanks! Time for you to go get one! One of the top ten bikes of the century, definitely should be a part of an avid biker's collection!
Old 21st August 2013, 09:53   #29
Senior - BHPian

Wow! Thats one awesome rollercoaster build. My Red Devil is also lying unused since the past 2 , maybe 3 years :(

Need to get up and do something about it, hard to find good trustworthy mechanincs in Mumbai/Thane.

Ride Safe!
Old 21st August 2013, 11:32   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Wow! Thats one awesome rollercoaster build. My Red Devil is also lying unused since the past 2 , maybe 3 years :(

Need to get up and do something about it, hard to find good trustworthy mechanincs in Mumbai/Thane.

Ride Safe!
Thanks! Trustworthy mechanics for an RD - tough ask anywhere in India. Glad that bangalore has a few. You might want to consider getting it done there.
MindSpeeDs is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks