Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2013, 17:23   #16
BHPian

What a lineup. This makes me think that does the company have any r and d dept? They are serving the stale bikes again.
Old 12th October 2013, 23:11   #17
BHPian

Re: Hero MotoCorp unveils lineup of 15 updated Bikes

This is absolutely horrible stuff from Hero, making cosmetic changes will not work wonders anymore and they call it new product lineups.

It is fair to say that ZMA-R and ZMR will die slow death with this kind of designing.
Old 13th October 2013, 00:15   #18
Senior - BHPian

The new Karizma looks horrendous.

The old ZM-A had an ageless design. Sure, it could've done with a few upgrades like split handles, step seat, rear naked chain, fatter front suspension, bigger rear tyres, LED tail etc. along with the power bump, but this ridiculous transformation is uncalled for and unnecessary.

I guess Hero plans on opening a store on Mars, I doubt anyone on Earth would buy a fusion of so many automotive products.
Old 13th October 2013, 00:21   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if the old Karizma-R owners sell their bikes at a premium now.
Or they wouldn't sell even after seeing this updated bike.

ZMR was uglier even when launched for the first time in 2009 no doubt. No body was a fan of ZMR's look. but ZMA had a timeless classic look which still is a head turner.

It's criminal on Hero's part to do something like this with ZMA's look.
Old 13th October 2013, 21:26   #20
Senior - BHPian

The Hunk doesn't feature in any of the articles related to this new launch.

Are they stopping the bike altogether or are they still piecing together another disaster?
Old 13th October 2013, 23:30   #21
BHPian

I'll risk repeating the same sentiments expressed by members before me. Has hero taken the average Indian motorcycle rider to be fool? This is downright pathetic. Not sure about performance boosts (guess they're not out yet), but these horrible sticker and headlight jobs nullify ANY performance improvement. They need to pay the designing guys better, only a vengeful design department can do this to their bikes.

They call this a new lineup? How embarrassing...
Old 14th October 2013, 18:22   #22
BHPian

They lost a big chance to reinvent themselves once again.
Karizma ZMR and R both could have been introduced with monoshocks at back.
Engine would have been tuned for more power or why not a ZMA 250/ZMR 250?
Is there any agreement with Honda that prevents them from going one step higher?
Hero motors going to lose badly on the race with KTM/Bajaj VFM performance bikes.
Old 17th October 2013, 10:06   #23
Senior - BHPian

Hero MotoCorp 2014 Karizma ZMR reportedly outputs 20 Bhp

Link to News Section

After the much-hyped unveil of the Karizma R and the ZMR twins at Macau a few weeks ago, Hero MotoCorp showcased these motorcycles at a separate event held at Gurgaon last week. While the spec-sheet of the Karizma ZMR was released, it continued to miss the peak power output, a closely guarded figure. A promotional video (that has since been modified) of the Karizma ZMR has surfaced, which reveals that the 2014 version of the motorcycle outputs 20 Bhp of peak power from its 223 cc four stroke, oil cooled engine.

Hero MotoCorp unveils lineup of 15 updated Bikes-2014-hero-motocorp-karizma-zmr.jpg

Official communication about the 20 Bhp peak power figure of the Karizma ZMR is yet to arrive though. However, considering that the 2014 Karizma ZMR's torque output, at 19.7 Nm, has gone up from the current model's figure by 1.35 Nm, the chance of the power output also going up to 20 Bhp (from 17.6 Bhp) remains high. Expect a similar bump up in power and torque figures for the air cooled 223 cc engine of the Karizma R.

Hero MotoCorp unveils lineup of 15 updated Bikes-2014-hero-motocorp-karizma-zmr-spec-sheet.jpg

The engines of both the Karizma R and the Karizma ZMR have been worked on, by Erik Buell Racing, an American motorcycle and racing outfit now partly owned by Hero MotoCorp and engaged with supplying technology for future Hero MotoCorp offerings. The motorcycle also hits the 0-60 Kph mark a wee bit quicker, at 3.6 seconds (previously, 3.7 seconds). The Karizma ZMR features the following prominent changes:
  • Twin headlamps
  • New handlebar
  • New turn indicators and pilot lamps integrated into the front fairing
  • Redesigned Belly pan and front fender
  • Split seats
  • Muffler cover
  • Refreshed fairing
  • Wider tyres
  • LED tail lamp
  • New tail section

The Karizma R and ZMR are likely to go on sale in the Indian market shortly, along with the slew of upgraded motorcycles that Hero MotoCorp has lined up for India. Expect a minor price revision for the new crop of flagship Karizmas. Hero MotoCorp's refresh of its entire line of two wheelers has to do with the company having to stop using Honda's engine technology on its two wheelers from 2014, following its split from Honda in 2010. The world's largest two wheeler maker by volumes, Hero MotoCorp is focusing on both the domestic as well as the export markets to drive future growth. The refreshed range of two wheelers, along with all-new products, will form the bulwark of Hero MotoCorp's new approach.

Last edited by JayPrashanth : 17th October 2013 at 10:06. Reason: News Link Added
JayPrashanth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2013, 12:56   #24
Senior - BHPian

This looks like the end of the road for the original Karizma. After cutting ties with Honda, Hero can't seem to do anything better for this motorcycle. 20bhp out of a 223cc block is lame. We've had this engine for over 10 years now. Is this considered progress for Hero?
Old 17th October 2013, 14:45   #25
BHPian

Just came across the probable inspiration for the new Karizma ZMR: The Buell 1190RS. Just wish they'd copied it fully rather than taking Bollywood style inspiration.

The tail-light assembly with the indicators and safety reflectors, seems like a direct copy.
Attached Thumbnails
Hero MotoCorp unveils lineup of 15 updated Bikes-row1a.jpg  

Hero MotoCorp unveils lineup of 15 updated Bikes-row1e.jpg  

Last edited by dreamseller : 17th October 2013 at 14:49.
Old 17th October 2013, 15:36   #26
BHPian

I find these headlights to resemble the Predators head in the Alien v/s Predator series.

Now coming to this horrendous design, Hero did it again, I guess they did not learn anything from their previous misfire when they launched the disgustingly ugly ZMR.

But now, they have turned a pure piece of beauty(ZMA) into another ZMR.

I hope this makes my ZMA get more resale value once its production stops because we can all rest assured that both these bikes wont be having good sales records.

So much for buying stake in EBR, they are still only changing stickers and their designer seem to have some personal vendetta to destroy the beauty of the bikes designed by Honda.
Old 17th October 2013, 18:28   #27
BHPian

Hero needs to learn a lesson or two from bajajs strategy with ktm. Duke twins will kill heros premium bike market share. I can see lack of young enthusiastic management at hero motors.
Old 18th October 2013, 10:37   #28
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiju.dba View Post
Hero needs to learn a lesson or two from bajajs strategy with ktm. Duke twins will kill heros premium bike market share. I can see lack of young enthusiastic management at hero motors.
I think, Hero learnt a lesson from bajaj. They invested in EBR (Eric Buell racing), they were interested in buying Ducati initially, however they backed off later and it didnt happen for mahindra too

I think, Beating Hero on indian grounds is a bit difficult because,
- Hero rules (atleast ruled) in commuter segment. Implies tons of goodwill (However its fading away.)
- They have tons of cash @ their disposal when compared to its peers. It could be invested very well for hero's future. Only Money can make a big difference. what ever you say, Technology, engineers, quality, etc etc. everything could be bought with $$$, which they have in abundance.
- People accept some wierd products. the best example could be the notchback dzire. No one liked the patched boot to a swift, but it worked for Suzuki.
Peoples acceptance cannot be guessed. Lets see how their new formula works. Their earlier stickering formula, Plus versions formula worked always for them. Even the new formula might work too..

Old 18th October 2013, 18:33   #29
BHPian

So these are the new releases right?

1) Splendor iSmart
2) Passion Pro
3) HF-Deluxe
4) HF-Dawn
5) HF-Deluxe Eco
6) Splendor Pro
7) Glamour
8) Super Splendor
9) Glamour Fi
10) Extreme
11) Karizma
12) Karizma ZMR
13) Pleasure
14) Pleasure Special Edition
15)?

Which is the 15th one? Sorry if I missed something
Old 18th October 2013, 18:53   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit_dce View Post
So these are the new releases right?

1) Splendor iSmart
2) Passion Pro
3) HF-Deluxe
4) HF-Dawn
5) HF-Deluxe Eco
6) Splendor Pro
7) Glamour
8) Super Splendor
9) Glamour Fi
10) Extreme
11) Karizma
12) Karizma ZMR
13) Pleasure
14) Pleasure Special Edition
15)?

Which is the 15th one? Sorry if I missed something
Here is the missing culprit; the Splendor HE Deluxe Eco

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/09/2...luxe-eco-98614

Now these guys are really going overboard with the names on what is essentially a single engine

Splendor I-Smart
Splendor Pro
Super Splendor
Splendor HE Deluxe Eco

Hmm, there's one more Splendor missing according to my gut feeling; Yep, its my neighbour's Splendor NXG. Looks like Hero Motocorp forgot about the Splendor NXG and the Hunk. No stickers for either of them nor for the Maestro and the Impulse. They've been singled out for bad manners.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks