Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2014, 10:45   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hero MotoCorp unveils lineup of 15 updated Bikes

Hero MotoCorp has launched the updated Xtreme motorcycle at Rs. 66,516 (ex-showroom, Mumbai).

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2014, 13:29   #47
RSR
Senior - BHPian

The best part about the updated Xtreme are the following features:

1) Engine immobiliser for security. The addition of a microprocessor controlled engine immobiliser (even though the bike itself uses a carburetor) that prevents the bike from being started without inserting the correct key is a fabulous and much needed addition! Hero must be applauded for introducing this in the mass-market motorcycle segment and I hope they make it standard across their entire range. Even today, a handful of cars costing up-to one million rupees do not have this feature.

2) Rear disc brake for safety (optional). Again, this is a much needed inclusion. ABS would be a nice feature to have.

3) Under-seat power socket for convenience. This is a very useful feature, which is found on some scooters. It can act not only as a charging point for mobiles, tablets etc. but also as a source of power for something like a tyre inflator.

I thought Honda would soon become the number one two-wheeler company in the country, by surging ahead of their former partner. Honda's growth has been very rapid, but it looks like Hero will not give up the lead position without a fight. They should look to further utilise the capabilities of their partners - EBR, AVL & Engines Engineering to bring in the latest technology on their future products.

Last edited by RSR : 22nd April 2014 at 13:32.
Old 22nd April 2014, 14:13   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post

1) Engine immobiliser for security.

2) Rear disc brake for safety (optional). Again, this is a much needed inclusion. ABS would be a nice feature to have.
I guess Centuro comes with engine immobiliser.
Optional rear disc is a nice option.

Last edited by fz_rider : 22nd April 2014 at 14:25.
fz_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2014, 17:14   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post

1) Engine immobiliser for security.
2) Rear disc brake for safety (optional).
3) Under-seat power socket for convenience. T

All these and still no engine kill switch ? I guess HMCL does not know how to add one . Sad !!
Old 23rd April 2014, 10:07   #50

Hero is trying to come out of the shadows of the Honda. Unfortunately, they are trying to do this by using their stable horses which will not get them too far. Hopefully, they will start designing and building Bikes and Scooters on their own and get their own identity. We really needs companies like Hero and Bajaj to get international recognition and also help Indian consumers to have higher quality vehicles.
Old 25th April 2014, 21:07   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
All these and still no engine kill switch ? I guess HMCL does not know how to add one . Sad !!

What's the deal with the engine kill switch? I genuinely don't understand this. And if this was a real deal breaker, wouldn't we hear complaints about this being missing in cars as well ?
Old 26th April 2014, 09:52   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john doe View Post
What's the deal with the engine kill switch? I genuinely don't understand this. And if this was a real deal breaker, wouldn't we hear complaints about this being missing in cars as well ?
Of course it is not a deal breaker . It is just a matter of convenience. It is a small feature that I would be nice to have in a bike and especially when my commute is mainly in the city.
Old 12th May 2014, 11:22   #53
Team-BHP Support

Hero MotoCorp has launched the updated Super Splendor motorcycle at Rs. 52,250 (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 19:07   #54
Team-BHP Support

HeroMotoCorp has revealed the prices of the updated Karizma R and ZMR motorcycles.
Old 3rd June 2014, 23:18   #55
Senior - BHPian

Conspicuously absent from the list was the larger displacement Impulse that adventure tourists have been yearning for... alas, what are we to do? There is still not any option anywhere near ideal for that purpose being produced here.

The owner of the local Hero showroom here told me, "that won't be for another year or two". Personally, being that it was such an easy upgrade (to the Karizma 223cc mill) that many owners ended up doing themselves, I'm personally guessing that finally, if Hero hasn't pulled it together by now, it just may never happen at all. I mean, people have been crying for it for two years...

I'm beginning to wonder whether Hero has become a little more perceptive themselves, and arrived at the realization that adventure biking has developed in India as a very emotional thing; And emotions are the realm where RE is completely dominating the scene and capturing the imagination. Which company will dare to take large risks to stand up to them? A 223cc Impulse would be a lot better touring machine than an Enfield in terms of performance and reliability. Yet I'm starting to wonder whether that would make any difference in this market.

-Eric

Last edited by ringoism : 3rd June 2014 at 23:28.
ringoism is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks